Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @tiger5150

112 pages into this and there isnt an answer. Lets be real, everyone has a strong opinion on it and they are all different and there is a reason (besides weak management) that they havent solved the problem and that is because it isnt easy.

That being said, I think the "powers that be" have missed a massive opportunity with Commbank and Allianz. In this day and age with the amount of digital signage present in stadia, each stadium should be able to be completely individualised with colours and sponsorship completely dependent on the day tenant. Allianz should be able to be completely black, Gold & White with only our sponsors on show for that that day. That would make the uptake and tenancy a lot easier, even at Commbank.

There are solutions, the club just has to pick one and stick to it. 

Seems to me that the club did pick one, less than 12months ago and to date have stuck to it.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Picking 5 LO, 5 CSS, 1 Tamworth, 1 magic round is a cop out not a decision. There will be no money for redevelopment so we are left with the worst stadiums in the competition. Inner West Council is trying their hardest to make the decision for us and I assume that will be leveraged by the club to finally make the hardest decision which is to drop LO. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Picking 5 LO, 5 CSS, 1 Tamworth, 1 magic round is a cop out not a decision. There will be no money for redevelopment so we are left with the worst stadiums in the competition. Inner West Council is trying their hardest to make the decision for us and I assume that will be leveraged by the club to finally make the hardest decision which is to drop LO. 

Its a decision, they loudly and proudly proclaimed it. Its just a decision you disagree with which is completely fair enough.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

112 pages into this and there isnt an answer. Lets be real, everyone has a strong opinion on it and they are all different and there is a reason (besides weak management) that they havent solved the problem and that is because it isnt easy.

That being said, I think the "powers that be" have missed a massive opportunity with Commbank and Allianz. In this day and age with the amount of digital signage present in stadia, each stadium should be able to be completely individualised with colours and sponsorship completely dependent on the day tenant. Allianz should be able to be completely black, Gold & White with only our sponsors on show for that that day. That would make the uptake and tenancy a lot easier, even at Commbank.

Seems to me that the club did pick one, less than 12months ago and to date have stuck to it.

That’s too funny. A 4 way split (LO, CSS, Tamworth, Magic Round), is not picking a solution, that’s let’s keep the status quos and stagnant. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

What if the choice is one that you don't want?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

I’ll live with it. To be honest the current 7,900 members will just have to suck it up. It’s the future additional 22,000 members I’d be catering for. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I’ll live with it. To be honest the current 7,900 members will just have to suck it up. It’s the future additional 22,000 members I’d be catering for. 

be careful if the club thinks like that we might not have very many members left. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

be careful if the club thinks like that we might not have very many members left. 

Or we might actually be able to grow rather than stagnant and die

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The 7,900 (me included) are the rusted on ones. If you are still there after the last 12 years you will never leave.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

If the one field performances don’t start to turn a corner soon it’s not going to matter where we play. We’re not going to be growing the fan base at the moment. We’re losing some of the fans we’ve got. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Crowds are up at record highs the entire competition. Our crowds are depressed by how horrible results and terrible management but that will turn around and we will be locking out fans at this ancient stadiums.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Crowds are up at record highs the entire competition. Our crowds are depressed by how horrible results and terrible management but that will turn around and we will be locking out fans at this ancient stadiums.

I’m definitely in the let’s move to a proper stadium side of the discussion. However, we’ve had an entire generation of poor performances which is a generation of kids who have jump onto other teams. It’s hard to get them back. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Or we might actually be able to grow rather than stagnant and die

winning football games helps, it didn't stop us in 2005 or 2010 2011 from huge crowds, moving to CSS or just to Accor / Allianz will not gain members unless we start winning 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

The 7,900 (me included) are the rusted on ones. If you are still there after the last 12 years you will never leave.

I know a few (not me I have dual membership) that only have LO and commbank in the past or Accor and LO e.g. they didn't have membership for CSS. 

I am sure the club can look at the numbers and gauge how many single venue members we have of the 7900 I suspect a few

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

People saying drop the Tamworth game have that absolute city mentality.

As a country lad myself (not even from Tamworth) I love the fact the Tigers have played a country game every year for what last 5+ years... I believe the NRL should be enforcing each club to adopt a country region and play 1 home game just like the Tigers have done.

And the NRL won't be dropping Magic round... far too much $$$

ReplyQuote
Page 113 / 131
Share: