Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger How great was that we attended more games in that period than over 10 yrs . Was a great initiative.

Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Anyone got any feedback on having designated Sydney derby games at a bigger stadium with reciprocal membership rights?

And having all other games at say CSS?

Would be interested in hearing this idea floated on the pod?

@garry @tiger-steve @helmsey

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @frullens

Anyone got any feedback on having designated Sydney derby games at a bigger stadium with reciprocal membership rights?

I’d be all for it but the league would need time to let it build into something. If they had 1 event/derby game each week in Sydney with activities around the stadium it could really become a thing. Sell event game memberships so being can attend 4 or 5 a season. Make it not just about the teams playing but going to the footy as a thing. Have bands playing at half time and putting on a gig after. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/what-300m-in-renovations-means-for-the-panthers-20240124-p5ezol.html

this is exactly what Campbelltown needs. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @frullens

I’d be all for it but the league would need time to let it build into something. If they had 1 event/derby game each week in Sydney with activities around the stadium it could really become a thing. Sell event game memberships so being can attend 4 or 5 a season. Make it not just about the teams playing but going to the footy as a thing. Have bands playing at half time and putting on a gig after. 

Great post!

Yeah make it like the 'match of the round' 

And into a big event that anyone can attend.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/what-300m-in-renovations-means-for-the-panthers-20240124-p5ezol.html

Agree

But can't believe that's $300m

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Success on the field will bring investment into our home ground.

Campbelltown is critical to our Identity and future playing stocks.

A decent upgrade would certainly be on Richo's to do list

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @enumerator

Success on the field will bring investment into our home ground.

Campbelltown is critical to our Identity and future playing stocks.

A decent upgrade would certainly be on Richo's to do list

Is Leumeah the best site? So much of the development in the MacArthur area has been away from Campbelltown and maybe that’s where a green field site around Bringelly or Cobbity might be a better option? 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Remember Penrith is one of the most marginal seats in NSW - hence why they're getting money thrown at them. Same reason we were able to get good funding for the Zurich centre. 

Campbelltown is a safe ALP seat, and Balmain will be fought over between the ALP and Greens for a fair while. There's no political capital in providing funds for a stadium redevelopment in either case. 

Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Inner city council will be closing Leichhardt oval after next season for elite sports … it is for safety and non compliance issues  , needs 40 million to comply …Club has been notified! Time to play with the big boys at modern stadiums.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.2gb.com/inner-west-council-gives-leichhardt-oval-two-year-shelf-life/

perhaps we end up with Allianz/CSS split in 2026.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Well the footy is back and after attending the game at Bruce Stadium yesterday I was reminded the value of a real home ground. 17k mostly Raiders fans was huge for them.

I think the only way we get this is all-in at CSS. (edit) Because I can't see new stadiums being built and if they are, we'll be sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Strikes me as a negotiating tool from the council more than anything. They are very much in favour of the ground being developed - they just need more funding from elsewhere. 

We need the situation sorted desperately - both our grounds are not fit for purpose in this day and age. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Strikes me as a negotiating tool from the council more than anything. They are very much in favour of the ground being developed - they just need more funding from elsewhere. 

We need the situation sorted desperately - both our grounds are not fit for purpose in this day and age. 

We won’t hear anything (if at all) until a federal election is called. However, I don’t know if an upgrade of the ground is going to sway the votes of many in that area, don’t hold your breath.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @dirty-reds

We won’t hear anything (if at all) until a federal election is called. However, I don’t know if an upgrade of the ground is going to sway the votes of many in that area, don’t hold your breath.

That's the issue. Neither ground is really in a good situation in that sense. I guess we got the Zurich Centre funding for the same reason, so swings and roundabouts. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 110 / 131
Share: