Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @snake

Inner city council will be closing Leichhardt oval after next season for elite sports … it is for safety and non compliance issues  , needs 40 million to comply …Club has been notified! Time to play with the big boys at modern stadiums.

They said one year, two years ago.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.2gb.com/inner-west-council-gives-leichhardt-oval-two-year-shelf-life/

perhaps we end up with Allianz/CSS split in 2026.

Stadium Australia or CSS. Just pick one and let’s go for it. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Strikes me as a negotiating tool from the council more than anything. They are very much in favour of the ground being developed - they just need more funding from elsewhere. 

We need the situation sorted desperately - both our grounds are not fit for purpose in this day and age. 

this was my exact thoughts when I first read about it. Trying to get leverage for funding. 

realistically they are not going to limit its use unless someone forces they to. 

in saying that I’m with @snake and want to see most games at proper stadiums. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Heard they are re opening Callan Park at Leichardt Oval for us long suffering Wests Tigers supporters 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard they are re opening Callan Park at Leichardt Oval for us long suffering Wests Tigers supporters 

Would be a better use of a public asset than what it is now

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Would be a better use of a public asset than what it is now

true lol

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1368/brisbane-olympic-games-venue-review-every-finding

reading this is makes me think it is very very very unlikely there will be any new stadium funding for a very long time. With inner west council putting a limit on how long LO will be allowed to be used by the Tigers the writing appears to be on the wall. Personally I think a modern stadium will be retained as an inner city venue for Wests and the only really suitable one is Allianz. The competition is headed towards a Sydney conference model and we should play a large number of these games out of Allianz where we can maximise gate takings. It’s coming.

This post was modified 1 month ago by TigerTownSFS

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1368/brisbane-olympic-games-venue-review-every-finding

reading this is makes me think it is very very very unlikely there will be any new stadium funding for a very long time. With inner west council putting a limit on how long LO will be allowed to be used by the Tigers the writing appears to be on the wall. Personally I think a modern stadium will be retained as an inner city venue for Wests and the only really suitable one is Allianz. The competition is headed towards a Sydney conference model and we should play a large number of these games out of Allianz where we can maximise gate takings. It’s coming.

Yep, the suburban ground thing is short sighted.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Accor might make more sense as it is closer to the COE than Allianz

it will be interesting if they ditch LO do they play some at Allianz / Accor and some out CSS ?

if the club thinks they have a membership problem now wait until they lose LO.

it is hard to add extra seats in the latchem stand as is , speaking to membership department 2 years ago trying to add a seat they have interstate members that have had the same seats in the stand since the clubs inception and some even longer as balmain fans got to keep there seats when the jv happened. 

if they go to Allianz or Accor that might not be as bigger a hit on the membership as a full move every game to CSS

interesting times ahead as winning does solve everything 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Leichhardt is done no one is going to spend money on that dump , with the GST carve up putting NSW very badly placed for $$ no improvements to any stadiums for a least 4 to 5 years ,the Tigers move South West there done as well … the club knows where the supporter base comes from and it’s not South West . The biggest mistake the club will make is moving South West heard it 40yrs ago good luck because this is going to end badly just as it did before ,real sensible business only cateringfor  16 to 18K on match day I actually thought things had change at the club obviously not !

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I can imagine a scenario (not my pref) where they go all in on Accor given its centrally located, will get incremental investment over time and you can grow the corporate offering etc. I would be very surprised if they go CSS/Accor split as it will just feel like you are playing a handful of games at an empty stadium. The spectator experience at Allianz is by far the best rectangular stadium in Australia and feels like a great atmosphere even with just the lower bowl open plus leaves room for growth. The club should just offer one class of membership: all games across all games. That is the only way you will get fans from the inner city motivated to go out the CSS regularly.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I can imagine a scenario (not my pref) where they go all in on Accor given its centrally located, will get incremental investment over time and you can grow the corporate offering etc. I would be very surprised if they go CSS/Accor split as it will just feel like you are playing a handful of games at an empty stadium. The spectator experience at Allianz is by far the best rectangular stadium in Australia and feels like a great atmosphere even with just the lower bowl open plus leaves room for growth. The club should just offer one class of membership: all games across all games. That is the only way you will get fans from the inner city motivated to go out the CSS regularly.

I think if we have a Allianz/ Accor split with CSS you still have to offer membership to both venues separately. We need to make the offering choices as appealing as possible and some fans might not be able to get to one venue or another given work etc so may choose to stick with membership at a venue that can get to. 

it is a really tough choice the club has to make and perhaps the middle ground is an academy at CSS some trials at CSS and we play full time at Accor. As some others have said I think over time Accor will recieve upgrades as a venue 

I can't see a development at CSS or LO ever really happening, 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Giving people options to stick to their preferred home ground just means you sell your memberships for half price. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Giving people options to stick to their preferred home ground just means you sell your memberships for half price. 

well if you don't give options the member at campbletown might be like well shove it I am not going to Accor or Allianz and they give the membership away so you get nothing. 

if I don't go to LO or Accor but only CSS why would I want to pay a membership which includes those grounds. Flexibility is the key diversify the offerings

not many teams like us split home grounds St George is one, only the joint ventures who have come from  two separate gounds

St George split the games between Wollongong package and kogarah oval. 

using dragons as an example they charge $600 for premium seating all 12 home games and that includes Allianz Anzac day game 

For the same home game package which is 10 home games tigers charge $510

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

or alternatively you pick up memberships and $$$ that ordinarily wouldn’t. 

I have 4x LO memberships for two reasons. 1 I like Leichhardt and 2. I wouldn’t be able to get to more than 4-6 games a year anyway. Every year I pay best part of $1k to the club. If they moved 100% to homebush this would decrease to $75. 

of course others have different opinions, thoughts and circumstances but to think that people having LO or CSS membership is somehow robbing the club of money is IMO ludicrous. Particularly when our team is winning about as many games as we have home grounds

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 111 / 131
Share: