Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry

I still hate ANZ and think it would be the worst choice.

If you think it's would be the worst choice, what do you think would be the best choice?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @frullens

So, our fortunes cimpletely change and we start making the finals for the next 12 years straight. 

You'd think we get to around 40k+ membership and should average 25k (if the ground permitted)

Basing ourselves in 2 ground that have maximum capacity less than 20k is not strategic.

What do we do for easter monday Eels game?

What about our derbies when we become successful?

The aim has to be to get CSS upgraded to 25-30k. I don't think the other options fit the Wests Tigers, though a move to ANZ wouldn't surprise me under Richo.

Here’s hoping…

I know you do, but I love it. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

If you think it's would be the worst choice, what do you think would be the best choice?

AN upgraded CSS, I don't think that is likely though. The issue for me is that all the options are compromised, none of the major stadiums are fit for the Wests Tigers and our traditional home grounds need their capacity increased.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

also believe the NRL should be scheduling the location of all event games.

I had a proposal under an 18 club comp, it could be split into 2 pools (9 Sydney clubs & 9 other clubs)

Pools play each other twice and the other pool once making a 25 round comp.

The 9 Sydney clubs could be split into East (Roosters, souths, manly, cronulla & St George) and West ( WT, parra, Penrith and bulldogs)

All Western derbies at Commbank

All eastern derbies at SFS

And all east v west derbies at Homebush

Recepicol membership rights to all derby games 

Any sell outs at SFS or Commbank move to Homebush

This post was modified 4 months ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

As a Sydney club, you could sell membership for 21/22 home games a season.

16 Sydney derby games with reciprocal rights.

Plus 4 home games at CSS

Plus magic round.

Only 4 away games a year

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

The other variation is that the east/west derbies are opt in, otherwise played home and away.

Meaning, if we opt out of all, we'd play:

9 games at CSS (4 out of Sydney games plus 5 East Sydney games)

6 games at commbank unless sold out and moved to homebush (2 each against parra, Penrith and bulldogs

1 x Magic round

15/16 game membership deal

If we opted to play say souths and Dragons as derbies at homebush 

We play 7 games at CSS, 6 at Commbak and 4 at Homebush plus magic round 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

also believe the NRL should be scheduling the location of all event games.

I had a proposal under an 18 club comp, it could be split into 2 pools (9 Sydney clubs & 9 other clubs)

Pools play each other twice and the other pool once making a 25 round comp.

The 9 Sydney clubs could be split into East (Roosters, souths, manly, cronulla & St George) and West ( WT, parra, Penrith and bulldogs)

All Western derbies at Commbank

All eastern derbies at SFS

And all east v west derbies at Homebush

Recepicol membership rights to all derby games 

Any sell outs at SFS or Commbank move to Homebush

who decides what games are derby games?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

From a geographical point of view ANZ is close to lidcombe and LO and COE, not the best stadium but could make some sense 

Put the junior academy at CSS perhaps 

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@the-last-ronin 

Whenever a westerns sydeny team play each other (WT, Parra, Penrith & Bulldogs) it would be a derby game played at Commbank

Likewise wherever an Eastern Sydney team play each other (roosters, South's, cronulla, dragons, manly) it would be a derby played at SFS.

Then between clubs from East v wests, it would be opt in from both clubs if they wanted a derby game - I e WT may choose South's and Dragons but not the others. Played at ANZ

All derby games have recipicol membership rights 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

From a geographical point of view ANZ is close to lidcombe and LO and COE, not the best stadium but could make some sense 

We should have pushed for CommBank to be built at Olympic Park when we had the chance. ANZ is not appropriate for club games and the NRL shouldn't allow clubs, outside of event games, to play there.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry I really do not now where your coming from , I have been to plenty of club games at Accor and there had been plenty of atmosphere! The last great decision made by dumb and dumber were to play at grounds that are totally inappropriate, the NRL should step in and stop playing at these grounds as they are not to standard. If the  team hits its straps back to the good old days thousands of supporters locked  out great business that … nothing convinces me that playing out of modern stadia is the way of the future.. Leichhardt oval is now a park for god sake.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @snake

@garry I really do not now where your coming from , I have been to plenty of club games at Accor and there had been plenty of atmosphere! The last great decision made by dumb and dumber were to play at grounds that are totally inappropriate, the NRL should step in and stop playing at these grounds as they are not to standard. If the  team hits its straps back to the good old days thousands of supporters locked  out great business that … nothing convinces me that playing out of modern stadia is the way of the future.. Leichhardt oval is now a park for god sake.

Playing at a ground that you can't even fill a quarter of is not an appropriate ground for you home ground. That is not even considering that the ground is an oval.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

We should have pushed for CommBank to be built at Olympic Park when we had the chance. ANZ is not appropriate for club games and the NRL shouldn't allow clubs, outside of event games, to play there.

they should have just upgraded ANZ made it rectangular and stuck a roof on it

if they move clubs away from ANZ say dogs and souths then souths to SFS and Dogs to Liverpool if we dont take it and it does get built

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin 

Whenever a westerns sydeny team play each other (WT, Parra, Penrith & Bulldogs) it would be a derby game played at Commbank

Likewise wherever an Eastern Sydney team play each other (roosters, South's, cronulla, dragons, manly) it would be a derby played at SFS.

Then between clubs from East v wests, it would be opt in from both clubs if they wanted a derby game - I e WT may choose South's and Dragons but not the others. Played at ANZ

Remember when we were playing home games at ANZ and when we played Dogs and Parramatta etc you had reciprocal members seating for those away games. 

Need to bring something like that back 

Mercy Rule, Frullens and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@the-last-ronin 

Remember when we were playing home games at ANZ and when we played Dogs and Parramatta etc you had reciprocal members seating for those away games. 

Need to bring something like that back 

To me it's just good business.

You get bigger crowds and better atmosphere. Create an event for neutrals to attend.

And both clubs can sell memberships with more home games included.

Can't see why all Sydney clubs would look into this

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 109 / 132
Share: