Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WT v Bulldogs Rd 9 2024

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @loganr21

@the-last-ronin should’nt see another first grade game … but we know she will 🤨

Switched on ABC radio after the game and they were raving about how good a game Badger had and how brave she was for standing up to the big bad Tigers, reading out message after message praising Badger. Couldnt believe it. Cognitive dissonance. The virtue signalling has begun and she is safe as houses regardless of her incompetence.

the ABC listeners are probably pro virtue signalling so not surprising

can't get over how poorly she reffed that game today for.both teams

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My word is frustration. 

At the refereeing, at the team and NRL in general. How can't they not look into the officiating?! It is getting worse and worse. The only thing they appear to do is apologise sometimes and change rules for the sake of changing rules!

Some of our players seem to care too much and get carried away but some don't seem to care at all. We need another starting backrower asap. Bateman is a knuckle head who is only good as a bit player, not a star. Ice is so frustratingly lazy. As soon as there is some adversity he looks like he has given up and just going through the motions wanting to get out of there. Twal has gone backwards in a big way. Stef started the season well but I am wondering if he has a foot out the door. 

I have always thought that Simpkin gets a bad wrap. He should be the 14 to come in and rest Api. Give Latu and TDS the minutes in reserve grade to develop.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @canberratiger

I have always thought that Simpkin gets a bad wrap. He should be the 14 to come in and rest Api. Give Latu and TDS the minutes in reserve grade to develop.

Agree with this. Im a Latu fan but he is not good at dh and is wasting a position on the bench unless we lose a half. Simpkin did well.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Positive’s out of the game:

Galvin of course. He’s the real deal

Seeing Charlie Staines finally put into space and flying down the sideline to score. 

Naden outpacing Xerri to get to the kicked ball first, which allowed Olam to save the day, right on halftime 

Olam for saving the above try running from the other side of the field 

Bula returning the ball rather than just passing it to one of the wingers. 

Alaimalo jumping, taking the returns on the full, and running hard

Pole scoring. He continues to impress

First half defence. Held them out after repeated sets. 

Overall the young guns playing well and continuing to improve. 

Keeping them out with only 11 players 

LoganR21, Skippa13, TGRZMN and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Benji said in the post game press conference that we tried to challenge something but were told we used up our challenges. 

I empathise with the players. They aren’t robots. Further, when you cop shit calls week after week, that frustration is bound to spill over.

We missed api today. Different game if he can play and is fully fit. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Benji said in the post game press conference that we tried to challenge something but were told we used up our challenges. 

Just heard that as well. Truly unbelievable and not anywhere near NRL standard. These NRL teams invest 10s of millions of dollars a year, players and coaches invest their whole lives for this period with complete professionalism, busting a gut continually only for a completely incompetent ref to ruin the game.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150 Did ABC radio accuse the Tigers of toxic masculinity? That’s one of their favourites. 🙄

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mattvtiger

I empathise with the players. They aren’t robots. Further, when you cop shit calls week after week, that frustration is bound to spill over.

We missed api today. Different game if he can play and is fully fit. 

what did we try to challenge? 

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Fortitude
our lack of mental strength when pressure is applied by teams, referees is poor. We look to take soft options instead of biting down on the mouth guard and put that frustration into defensive line speed

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath-tiger-78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Three-peat

I so badly want to be wrong but I just don't know how many more wins we can get.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @peter-a

Fortitude
our lack of mental strength when pressure is applied by teams, referees is poor. We look to take soft options instead of biting down on the mouth guard and put that frustration into defensive line speed

I actually dont share this opinion. For the Tigers to hold the Dogs out at the end with only 11 players and not let them run away I thought did take some fortitude. I think one thing the team cant be accused of is not putting in. IMO their effort has been consistently good.

IMO dogs just beat us with their defensive line speed, particularly for the first 20mins of the second half and it meant we were consistently trying to scrap out of our own end. For mine that was the difference between the teams today. Of course apparently the Dogs have the worlds fastest defensive line and never got called off side, but they must be that good.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I think putting Sullivan in this week would be a mistake. Play Fainu, see what he has. He’s not a dummy half. Let’s see how he plays in his regular position.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @canberratiger

Agree with this. Im a Latu fan but he is not good at dh and is wasting a position on the bench unless we lose a half. Simpkin did well.

agree either play latu fainu in halves or not at all he is not a dummy half shocking service

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I know Api is meant to play next week but if he doesn't I think we should go with 

9. Simpkin 

7. Latu Fainu

6. Galvin 

14. TDS

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I know Api is meant to play next week but if he doesn't I think we should go with 

9. Simpkin 

7. Latu Fainu

6. Galvin 

14. TDS

Agree, given Sezer will likely be suspended. We can't keep playing Latu as a bench hooker, he's no good there and we have 3 hookers good enough to play FG. 

Either Simpkin or TDS at 14 please. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 19
Share: