Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Broncos Rd 8 2024

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In fact Joel this could be my 2nd one word for the game 😜 … being ‘Investigation’

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@mercy-rule Morrris is the defensive coach and has shown that his plans are working.. I have since read that Benji is playing a long game, fix the defence first (this year??) and attack in the future. Possibly reasonable if he is waiting for Laui to arrive and work an attack around him..??  But we do need to be better in attack this year, at least a little bit??

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@kades79 Yes, I know Morris is the defensive coach and things have improved. I agree. I was addressing the question about who is the attack coach and I thought it would have to be Marshall. That's was his strength, albeit in unconventional ways most of the time.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Just watched the Annesley presser and him trying to justify why the bunker was right. Fair dinking these guys need to go back and study physics, they clearly have no idea of what they are talking about. Again there needs to be an independent investigation into the bunker as it is corrupt to the core. It’s just getting silly now. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @mike

Just watched the Annesley presser and him trying to justify why the bunker was right. Fair dinking these guys need to go back and study physics, they clearly have no idea of what they are talking about. Again there needs to be an independent investigation into the bunker as it is corrupt to the core. It’s just getting silly now. 

I feel it was technically the right call. The ball does coming away if only briefly. Unfortunately you do have to adjudicate to the letter of the law otherwise things get very murky. I don’t think anyone would have said anything if it was given as a try but the rules are the rules. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I feel it was technically the right call. The ball does coming away if only briefly. Unfortunately you do have to adjudicate to the letter of the law otherwise things get very murky. I don’t think anyone would have said anything if it was given as a try but the rules are the rules. 

it wasn’t even technically correct. 
1. One of the officials in the background can be clearly heard saying he still has a thumb on it.
2. He still has control of the ball between his palm and wrist.
3. Even if you think he did lose control, I don’t, he has full control of the ball well before it is forced to the ground for a TRY.

The bunker is just plain wrong and so is Annesley. Annesley is part of the problem and needs to be sacked

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

1. One of the officials in the background can be clearly heard saying he still has a thumb on it.
3. Even if you think he did lose control, I don’t, he has full control of the ball well before it is forced to the ground for a TRY.

The bunker is just plain wrong and so is Annesley. Annesley is part of the problem and needs to be sacked

It was embarrassing to watch. Annesly make a big point of going through the letter of the rule that they claim was breached and Annesyly keep harping on teh word GRIP. He didnt REGRIP the ball before it hit the ground, ignoring the fact that the rule specifically says that he has to "catch, hold or grip" the ball before it hits the ground. Annesly keeps stating he didnt reGRIP it but he is clearly holding it.

Based on Anneslys interpretation (that he wasnt gripping it) there will never be another one handed try scored again.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

It was embarrassing to watch. Annesly make a big point of going through the letter of the rule that they claim was breached and Annesyly keep harping on teh word GRIP. He didnt REGRIP the ball before it hit the ground, ignoring the fact that the rule specifically says that he has to "catch, hold or grip" the ball before it hits the ground. Annesly keeps stating he didnt reGRIP it but he is clearly holding it.

Annesley is an embarrassment and needs to go. Picks and chooses what should be interpreted rather than the letter of the rule, which he claims. Should be sacked. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

personally I believe it should have been a try however as soon as I saw a replay of it I knew it was going to be a no try.

The ball comes away from his hand which unfortunately means he’s lost control of it. 

I haven’t heard the audio you are referring to and haven’t seen footage of his thumb still on the ball. However, the offical who had to make the decision decided that he didn’t have control of the ball as per above. 

It’s been a rule for a while now that placing your hand on top of the ball while it’s heading to the ground does not count as regaining control. 

people complain about the rules being too complicated and they need to be more black and white. However when the rules are applied in a black and white fashion they are upset and want to introduce grey areas. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

personally I believe it should have been a try however as soon as I saw a replay of it I knew it was going to be a no try.

The ball comes away from his hand which unfortunately means he’s lost control of it. 

I haven’t heard the audio you are referring to and haven’t seen footage of his thumb still on the ball. However, the offical who had to make the decision decided that he didn’t have control of the ball as per above. 

It’s been a rule for a while now that placing your hand on top of the ball while it’s heading to the ground does not count as regaining control. 

people complain about the rules being too complicated and they need to be more black and white. However when the rules are applied in a black and white fashion they are upset and want to introduce grey areas. 

Worst case Api has hold of the ball before it reaches the ground. That is all that is required for it to be a TRY. The bunker and Annesley are wrong. 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

There is no separation when he grounds it. 

You cannot have two weeks in a row when you say the tigers are on the wrong side of a call.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Worst case Api has hold of the ball before it reaches the ground. That is all that is required for it to be a TRY. The bunker and Annesley are wrong. 

but he doesn’t have hold of it. He has his hand laying on top of it. 

they changed the rule 4 or 5 seasons ago that you needed to regain control and not just push it to the ground.

I understand the argument you are making but can see exactly why the bunker went the way they did. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

they changed the rule 4 or 5 seasons ago that you needed to regain control and not just push it to the ground.

I understand the argument you are making but can see exactly why the bunker went the way they did. 

That’s where we disagree, he does have hold of the ball. No point discussing further. The bunker and Annesley are wrong. End of story /End thread. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@mike I’ve seen worse given as tries…but it’s the over analysis of tries for us and not doing the same for the opposition. It smells of corruption ‼️

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

I actually think it is just having them apply some common sense. If that gets awarded a try, I cannot imagine anyone saying that it was the wrong call. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 14
Share: