Notifications
Clear all

WT trial V Dragons 2024

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

One word:

'hard lessons learnt'

Watch Benjis presser - best thing was he was ropable.

Said it showed where we are really at.

Hopefully it's a fire up there backsides for next 3 weeks of training.

And a shake up of the top 17.

Staines, seyfarth, Toa, AJ, Sullivan - all out

At least Galvin, Fainu, Faataape, TDS, Lobb all in

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

When we knifed Sheens I was worried he wasn't the guy in charge. Now we know for sure. Re-signing Twal and Seyfarth were massive red flags.

Benji can't coach, but we can't get rid of him. We need to bring in a coaching director immediately and replace Farah and Heigno with proper coaches. Benji will be head coach in name but for all intents and purposes he'll be assistant coach.

Yes, I know it's just a trial but our style of play was a mirror image of last year, only worse. Need to nip it in the bud before our 3rd spoon...

Good grief. I would have expected a moderator to be moderate; not so absolute as you are in this post. No doubt you'll inspire the other absolutists to vent their spleen. No matter how ill-informed and irrational (about future outcomes) their comments will be. Well done you.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mercy-rule

When we knifed Sheens I was worried he wasn't the guy in charge. Now we know for sure. Re-signing Twal and Seyfarth were massive red flags.

Benji can't coach, but we can't get rid of him. We need to bring in a coaching director immediately and replace Farah and Heigno with proper coaches. Benji will be head coach in name but for all intents and purposes he'll be assistant coach.

Yes, I know it's just a trial but our style of play was a mirror image of last year, only worse. Need to nip it in the bud before our 3rd spoon...

Good grief. I would have expected a moderator to be moderate; not so absolute as you are in this post. No doubt you'll inspire the other absolutists to vent their spleen. No matter how ill-informed and irrational (about future outcomes) their comments will be. Well done you.

Moderators are entitled to their opinion as well. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Of course, and if he had bothered to include a qualifier like, "in my opinion", that would have been ok. He didn't. Hence, my comment. Or, should I not have a bigger expectation of those who moderate our comments?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Of course, and if he had bothered to include a qualifier like, "in my opinion", that would have been ok. He didn't. Hence, my comment. Or, should I not have a bigger expectation of those who moderate our comments?

Of course it’s my opinion, I wrote it. Not sure why this is something you’re still unable to grasp?

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I think the first sentence 'I was worried' qualified the post as his opinion.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Of course it’s my opinion, I wrote it. Not sure why this is something you’re still unable to grasp?

Simple, because you repeatedly used the word "we".

Who is "we"? You and me?? I really doubt that.

All you had to do was start with, "in my opinion..." and I would have dismissed it as yet another comment of yours to be ignored whether you are a moderator or not. But, you didn't. That's the issue. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@mercy-rule we, as in Wests Tigers? Sorry it’s so difficult for you to understand.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

It's only pre season guys .......

We have a loooong year ahead.

Let's keep this place supportive and respectful 

Top 8 2023

Tiger Symmetry, TigerSteve, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Simple, because you repeatedly used the word "we".

Who is "we"? You and me?? I really doubt that.

All you had to do was start with, "in my opinion..." and I would have dismissed it as yet another comment of yours to be ignored whether you are a moderator or not. But, you didn't. That's the issue. 

The best way to look at it is that every post is that person’s opinion. No one here is trying to speak for the entire community or a part of the community.

I believe we are lucky here as we have a group of individuals who can express their opinions but don’t have factions within working against each other. Every member is respectful of each other even when they disagree. 

Mike, Tiger Symmetry, Frullens and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

It's only pre season guys .......

We have a loooong year ahead.

Let's keep this place supportive and respectful 

we haven't even hit 0 wins and 3 losses yet...

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Manly won last years pre season challenge. They didn’t make the 8. The knights came 17th and made the 8.

We also beat Manly 52 -18 in 2021 but didn’t make the 8.

Penrith got beaten 36-0 against Parramatta in 2022 and went on to be premiers.

my point is, let’s not read too much into it. Still early days

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Manly won last years pre season challenge. They didn’t make the 8. The knights came 17th and made the 8.

We also beat Manly 52 -18 in 2021 but didn’t make the 8.

Penrith got beaten 36-0 against Parramatta in 2022 and went on to be premiers.

my point is, let’s not read too much into it. Still early days

Progress is what I want to see and last night was too similar to last season for me.

Joel Helmes, TGRZMN, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

There were a few positives to come out of that game, not least of which is that Galvin seems to be a young man with plenty of potential and will likely finish the year in the halves, if he can bulk up a bit in the next 12-18 months he would be an incredible 13 with his level of fitness and ball handling skills. Other upside is that it was only a trial, yes it did seem like we are back to what we did last year however I think the main area we were lacking was intensity, All the players were a step behind where they needed to be on the field especially in defense. For the life of me I cannot understand why we kept going left in the opposition 20, I know they were trying to isolate Hunt however going there so consistently meant they were awake to it in defense. When we did finally go right Mason was able to get thru, however the horse had well and truly bolted by then. With the ball our forwards were quite easily able to roll up the field and get us into attacking positions however that in itself was problematic as they were gassed when they had to defend the next set...there were sets where our forwards were hitting it up on every play, our wingers and centers need to step up and take some load off the boys up front. TBH I see a few small adjustments making the world of difference and we were always going to be outmuscled by a big team with unlimited interchanges. One last point is that it also shows how much of a difference a top halve makes...Hunt had our guys mesmerized with his running and passing...take Hunt out of that team and we would not have been wooden spooners the last 2 seasons. Hopefully Luai and our young up and coming halves can make a difference for us.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

I think the main area we were lacking was intensity

Couldn't agree more. There were some obvious structural issues, but the main problems were the effort areas IMO. Our middle collapsed too easily. We copped a few tries off standard, straight, hard runs. The kick chase (attacking and defending) was awful. We looked tired, lethargic and generally very reactive. We'll have to wait a few weeks to see if that's consistent or was a one-off. 

Could be as simple as the team over-training all week, or even having a full training run on the day of the game. These sorts of things aren't uncommon in pre-season (across a wide range of sports tbh). We don't have a game for three weeks, so that would be the aim in terms of preparation. 

Of course, they could actually be as bad as they looked on Saturday, and in that case we're completely stuffed. But let's wait a few weeks before writing the obituaries. I'll be writing them along with you all if we start 0-6 or whatever again. 

edit: didn't realise Steve said pretty much the same thing on the pod. Great minds! 

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 9
Share: