Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0326

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On the latest edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast we take a look at the Shane Richardson Member's Email and put the performance against the Knights under the microscope.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0326/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just giving it a listen guys & wanted to respond to Joel’s comment “It was game over” after the try before half-time was let in. To me that’s a perfect example of mental weakness that pervades our club. Now, I get it I really do because I have moments during a game when such thoughts cross my own mind but I try to push them aside as quickly as I can because I know it isn’t game over. Yes, as fans we are emotional, that’s just part of being a fan of anything but it’s a negative emotion that we need to push aside, we need to be more positive in those situations because we can help especially if we’re there. The last line in Richo’s message to us yesterday was this:

“Together, we will build a club that we can be very proud of. Divided, and failure is a certainty.”

We all need to be better, playing group, staff, fans etc. We all have a role to play in getting to where we want to be. It’s bloody difficult of course but I don’t know of anything great that comes easily. The journey is the biggest part of achieving anything, that’s what makes success special because without that journey (and this is a doozy) it’s not an achievement. 

Kades79, Lorenzo, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Bit of a stretch to blame fans. 

We're still turning up after more than a decade of ineptitude.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Good pods a usual guys....

In the segment on the "dumb" football we were playing, you missed the most glaring "dumb" thing we did which was when Knights had a shot at penalty goal and the entire Tigers team are standing in front of the posts and Knights missed the penalty kick and it actually bounced just near the dead ball line and would haev been an easy catch to run it back into the field of play but instead its allowed to bounce unchallenged and we have to drop out and give them the ball back. Actual U/9 football and makes me worry about the IQ of our players and the coaching staff.

Kades79 and Criz reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Good pods a usual guys....

In the segment on the "dumb" football we were playing, you missed the most glaring "dumb" thing we did which was when Knights had a shot at penalty goal and the entire Tigers team are standing in front of the posts and Knights missed the penalty kick and it actually bounced just near the dead ball line and would haev been an easy catch to run it back into the field of play but instead its allowed to bounce unchallenged and we have to drop out and give them the ball back. Actual U/9 football and makes me worry about the IQ of our players and the coaching staff.

I’ve been worried about the teams IQ for a number of seasons. In fact I think it’s high on the list for mine, as to why we’ve been at the bottom for at least the last 4 years. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@out_psych)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Hey guys when does ep 327 drop?

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

yes been checking spotify last 2 days need my Friday morning Podcast please

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @out_psych

Hey guys when does ep 327 drop?

Will be out sometime this afternoon 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Not blaming fans for results but I think we can do better to help. There are times when I walk away from games knowing I could’ve done more, I’ve given up quickly, been negative even before a ball is kicked but how does that help? Does it help? 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Not blaming fans for results but I think we can do better to help. There are times when I walk away from games knowing I could’ve done more, I’ve given up quickly, been negative even before a ball is kicked but how does that help? Does it help? 

It doesn’t really make a difference for the team. Fans can do what they want. Once the players are on the field it’s up to them. If they play well the rest will come. It’s not a yoga retreat where good vibes give bonus points. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

It doesn’t really make a difference for the team. Fans can do what they want. Once the players are on the field it’s up to them. If they play well the rest will come. It’s not a yoga retreat where good vibes give bonus points. 

I think the support at games does matter but we could debate that forever & get nowhere. But isn’t it a good thing to try to be better anyway? Isn’t it more beneficial to be less negative, not to give in? 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I think the support at games does matter but we could debate that forever & get nowhere. But isn’t it a good thing to try to be better anyway? Isn’t it more beneficial to be less negative, not to give in? 

I try but same games the team just give you no reason to be. I’ve gotten behind the boys during all kinds of situations and always will. However, people need to be free to support the team however they would like 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I try but same games the team just give you no reason to be. I’ve gotten behind the boys during all kinds of situations and always will. However, people need to be free to support the team however they would like 

I agree wholeheartedly with that but we do have a role to play during a game, whether or not that role helps much is debatable, it may help individuals, it may help at different times, it may make opposition uncomfortable or fire them up etc etc. All I know is I can be better as I know I am not the most mentally tough person you’re ever likely to meet, far from it. And I’m not the kind of person who asks others to do something I wouldn’t ask of myself. If others choose to believe they’re doing all they can in their role as a supporter that’s fine. But if others think they can be better then why not try? 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I agree wholeheartedly with that but we do have a role to play during a game, whether or not that role helps much is debatable, it may help individuals, it may help at different times, it may make opposition uncomfortable or fire them up etc etc. All I know is I can be better as I know I am not the most mentally tough person you’re ever likely to meet, far from it. And I’m not the kind of person who asks others to do something I wouldn’t ask of myself. If others choose to believe they’re doing all they can in their role as a supporter that’s fine. But if others think they can be better then why not try? 

And this is not about Joel, I should make that clear. He’s on the podcast & he said something I could resonate with. It could’ve been me saying what he said & it was for that reason I posted about mental weakness in the club. If you’ve been unsuccessful for so long that’s understandable. We need everyone at every level to fight against it if we’re going to change. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I go to the footy to watch the footy. I don't really think me being there has an impact on the result.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: