Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Round 18 Tigers vs Cowboys

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigerlily

What has happened to our defence in the last couple of games, basically since Bateman has moved into the lock position 

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1675056527080845315?t=U688I1orsXuBVlqTAES-9w&s=19

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger2041)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Can we put Bateman back to an edge bring pole into the middle? We defended a lot better then. No idea why we moved things around seemed to be going defensively fine before. Sure we couldn’t score points but I would prefer that than getting belted. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

42 - 0 at HT.

Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Pathetic. Abysmal. And the real culprits of this debacle aren't even on the field.

Those culprits??  That's YOU Chairman Mouth, Pascoe, Board, Sheens, Marshall, Farah, Furner, Fulton, Lambkin etc.

Do us all a favour and stay there in Townsville. Or maybe head further north into serious croc country. We'll be just fine without you. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Looking forward to Mondays edition of Sport and the Law on SEN.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Lee and Pascoe better front up for Ask The Boss week. The were happy to gloat together about how the 5yr plan was vindicated after the Leichhardt game. Where are they now? Gutless. Lee is an absolute clown, the most ridiculous figure in rugby league and Pascoe is a fraud. Burn the joint to the ground. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

There is no excuse for a professional outfit to be so woefully outmatched. 

This club stinks from top to bottom. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I have no words to describe that performance.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Brooks is smart and if the other guys have a brain they’d follow him. This club is beyond saving. It’s dead.

LoganR21 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

When you let players go mid season for no good reason and with no replacement, this is what happens.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

When you let players go mid season for no good reason and with no replacement, this is what happens.

Agreed'

Up until Rd 14, every week was an improvement on the previous. Even when we were 0-8, we were not getting pumped and improving each week. Strong pack, easy metres, competitive defence, weak attack. The last month has been our worst, possibly in our history. What has happened in that month?

• Sheens completely reshuffles our back row,
  • Lee & Fultion get the entire coaching staff offside by appointing Fulton behind their backs,
  • Joffa pushed out for zero reason, with no replacement and no apparent plan. This guy was our 13, allowing Bateman to  play 12, Pole on bench, loved by, all a "glue" guy,
  • Pushing Brooks out by low balling him and giving him a 2 day deadline.
  • Injuries to Api & Brooks (no one to blame for that)

Other than the injuries, these changes are the work of someone with no feel for the game or the club. This club has been brittle as hell for most of its existence. The one hope I was holding onto even when we were 0-8 was that we werent falling apart and each week built on the previous. I and all fans know how brittle this was and it seemed to be holding. The management of this club over the last month has been diabolical and close to the end for me.

CanberraTiger, LoganR21, Eastiemagpie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

I'm torn between unprofessional and unforgivable as my one word. Both apply

ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

That performance was atrocious, and the club and fans will both rightly believe it should not have happened. Fans are left wondering whether 2023’s green shoots are a mirage, and it’s instead yet another false dawn.

That the club so often performs like this is a reflection of long standing issues with club standards and culture. Sheens says it was “one of those games”. Yes, one of those games my club, but no other club, dishes up one or twice a year. What a lamentable excuse! 

There are players in the club who are too damaged, too unprofessional or too inexperienced to know what to do when these situations arise.

Surely there was enough experience last night to get the team to strip their approach back and stem the flow of points - focus on getting their line straight, working on their defensive systems, completing a few sets? No, that didn’t happen.   

The thing I had clung onto this season was their defensive resolve. Sure, they can’t score points, but they’d competed every week since the Broncos game. The last three games have blown that hope. Ended by meddling with the middle and edges, injuries and, last night, a complete collapse of resolve.

Last thoughts? First, why did the club let Bateman, the captain, return from the UK on Wednesday? That’s unprofessional both on his part and theirs.

And, second, don’t let Sheens off one bit for this. He in my view cynically managed that process of exiting Maguire from the club, leaving Kimmorley with a weakened and demoralised team headed for last place, and installing himself as the saviour. Well, with an obviously stronger roster, comparing this year with the Tigers at the same point last year (15 games), here are the numbers. 

- We have scored 40 more points (a 2.3 points per game improvement)

- we have conceded 24 fewer points (a 1.6 point per game improvement)

- we have won the same number of games.

- we are in last place as we were last year. 

By the numbers we are going nowhere. 

Happy Sunday

This post was modified 10 months ago by Plundermonkey

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

The entire body language once they got those first two tries just dropped. That was the end of it there but it got out of control. 

Sheens can say it’s just one of those games as much as he likes but we seem to have one each season of late and each season we out do the last. We have 3 of the top 6 biggest loses in the NRL era 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My word is expected. You could see this coming from a mile away. 

We thrash them at Leichhardt, Luke Brooks's 200th and all that. The players peacock around about it.

Then the tigers start to slide and it seems like the kick in the backside that the underperforming Cowboys needed.

They have re-found belief, start to really come together and who shows up to their home ground 6 weeks after the kick in the backside...

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

BASKETCASE!!!! SIMPLES 🤪

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: