Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast Episode 305

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

interesting guys on the wests tigers forum big rumours Lomax might be heading to Tigers and Simpkin to dragons.

Geez he would fix our issue at centre if true

1. Bula

2. Staines

3. Lomax

4. Olam

5. Tupou

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Yeah I support that team.

Latu Fainu is the big unknown. 

But feel we want to work to next year with latu @ 6, Laui @ 7 and Galvin @ 13.

If Latu he can take the 6 in round 2

It could allow Galvin to come off the bench to play a stint at lock - but also be able to cover centres, fullback, etc. Gives opportunity for Galvin to build onto lock over the season.

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

interesting guys on the wests tigers forum big rumours Lomax might be heading to Tigers and Simpkin to dragons.

Geez he would fix our issue at centre if true

1. Bula

2. Staines

3. Lomax

4. Olam

5. Tupou

Id take that - 

Centre is a big weak spot and we have depth at hooker with Simpkin being trumped by TDS.

Lomax on $800k though for 3 years - dragons would need to be chipping in

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@frullens Shane Richardson is fairly close with Steve Gillis who manages Lomax.

Gillis managed long time Souths players Adam Reynolds and John Sutton when Richo was CEO there.

This post was modified 2 months ago by MickeyB

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

I really rate Lomax, I think he is an extremely talented player who always competes, He is potentially worth every cent of $800k as he can cover FB and wing and has X factor....however I do say potentially as at the moment I would not pay more than $500k for him as he seems to have some attitude problems and does not really listen to the coaches he has had, perhaps a coach like Benji could relate to him better and get the most out of him...its a real possibility as Benji has very recently performed at the highest level. so in reality i would say the Dragons would need to chip in $300k at least for the first 2 years to make it a good deal for us. Or we get creative and back end his deal with a club and player option so less up front with more in 2 years if he is performing and meeting his potential. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Flanagan could be looking to free up some cap space. They need some work on their spine so paying a centre 800k is a bit silly. We are sorted for spine for the next 5 years at least so a marque centre isn’t a bad play although we need some shape to play him 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: