Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast Episode 305

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

NRL is back and on this week’s episode Steve and Garry take over the show!

The boys discuss the NRL Las Vegas launch of Season 2024, did they see it as a success? Did the reduction in field size effect the game play? and should the Wests Tigers be included in future trips to the United States?

Garry and Steve then take a deep dive into what needs to change before the Tigers take the field in round 2, what should the focus be in both defence and attack to ensure Wests make a positive start to the season.

Discussion then turns to predicted line ups for the start of the season, what is the side the boys would pick and will Benji Marshall pick a similar team.

Sit back and enjoy as the A team of the Wests Tigers Podcast take you through all the latest in the world of Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0305 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0305

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Garry

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Geez that player wearing the 6 for manly had an ok game 😉 lol 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Commentators did lay it on thick though. Brooks had a decent game, almost as good as his first game for us (not really). He did however make a few mistakes, I guess being in a team with some major weapons across the park will always afford him more time to make better choices in attack. I feel like those 2 first round games in vegas do not provide a form guide for the season as there were too many variables in preparation and motivation, lots of one off plays where individuals were trying to impress the crowd and some trick shots in attack that you would not see that frequently in regular season games. 

Garry and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Commentators did lay it on thick though. Brooks had a decent game, almost as good as his first game for us (not really). He did however make a few mistakes, I guess being in a team with some major weapons across the park will always afford him more time to make better choices in attack. I feel like those 2 first round games in vegas do not provide a form guide for the season as there were too many variables in preparation and motivation, lots of one off plays were individuals were trying to impress the crowd and some trick shots in attack that you would not see that frequently in regular season games. 

look at the recent players who have left and gone to stronger sides all have done well, tedesco Moses even Pauga for Roosters looks like reg Gasnier in that backline. 

A lot of it comes down to cattle and manly have plenty of good players that will make Brooks look good and take the pressure off out wide that we simply did not have. 

Once Brooks has Schuster next to him they will be a real threat, if they limit the injuries the silvertails could finish top 4 despite Seibold as coach. 

Not bad for a bloke who some thought wouldn't / couldn't get an nrl contract after leaving tigers. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Brooks will do will there - he's one of several points of attack as you guys mentioned on the pod. I've got him in a couple of SuperCoach teams already.

I thought he was pretty average yesterday though, other than the late try. The Fox team were making out as if he were suddenly a new man (he turns 30 this year!), but it was the usual sorta stuff from him. Just that he is surrounded by an two of the very best in the game in DCE and Turbo (plus Jurbo), so he doesn't have to win games all by himself. 

Our club should have realised it a couple of contracts ago - he's not a dominant half, but he'll do a pretty good job as the supporting half. The better pundits (Sterlo in particular) were predicting as much way back when we had Brooks/Moses together.

We only ever tried him in that role for a handful of games (next to Hastings), not sure why we didn't persist with it. 

Anyway, I thought the more telling narrative out of that game was just how poor Souths were defensively. Demetriou would have to be under real pressure if they struggle out of the blocks. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

look at the recent players who have left and gone to stronger sides all have done well, tedesco Moses even Pauga for Roosters looks like reg Gasnier in that backline. 

Re: Teddy, he played a couple of years of Origin, and won the RLPA player of the year with us. Not as if there was some meteoric rise after he left - he was already one of the best players in the sport. The narrative that the Roosters *made* him has always annoyed me. 

Moses has obviously kicked on, though I'll reserve judgement on Pauga's resemblance to an Immortal. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Absolutely insane the way this club managed our halves over the past several years. Pig headed in demanding that brooks was a 7 despite the obvious right in front of them. Recruit a genuine 7 like Hastings and then refuse to play him at 7 and push brooks to 6. Play that combo a couple of weeks for great results and then punt Hastings and play wakeham at 7. Then dump brooks and recruit sezer to play in a Hastings role. Now recruit 3 young halves and sign one of the games best 6s to play 7!

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

The Gary and Steve Show was a hoot. Thanks for inviting us in to your phone call between friends.

Not sure if the team(s?) you picked for round 2 are a winning lineup but they were certainly a twinning one. Maybe that should have gone in the Dad Humour section?? Sorry. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

That was the intention, trying to capture one of our general chats about footy. Though I did have to fade Steve out after he started talking about Brooks again after I had tried to end the show.

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

That was the intention, trying to capture one of our general chats about footy. Though I did have to fade Steve out after he started talking about Brooks again after I had tried to end the show.

ahh the need to control....

Seeing you brought it up: thought Brooks was strong

TGRZMN, Garry and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Re: Teddy, he played a couple of years of Origin, and won the RLPA player of the year with us. Not as if there was some meteoric rise after he left - he was already one of the best players in the sport. The narrative that the Roosters *made* him has always annoyed me. 

Moses has obviously kicked on, though I'll reserve judgement on Pauga's resemblance to an Immortal. 

tedesco did play for Australia when he joined Roosters 

Pauga was a bit tongue in cheek, he didn't even know the rules when he was with us

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Really enjoyed this podcast… Thanks @Garry and @TigerSteve…. Poor Eddie never gets a look in…

By the way I think the title of this thread should be Episode 305 not 304

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

Really enjoyed this podcast… Thanks @Garry and @TigerSteve…. Poor Eddie never gets a look in…

By the way I think the title of this thread should be Episode 305 not 304

That's what I get for publishing the pod at midnight lol

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Great pod Garry and Steve

Are you able to post your side?

Amazing you both came up with the same team

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

Great pod Garry and Steve

Are you able to post your side?

Amazing you both came up with the same team

1. Bula

2. Staines

3.Olam

4. Naden

5. Lobb

6. Galvin

7. Sezer

8. Klemm

9. Api

10. Stef

11. Paps

12. Bateman

13 Pole

14. TDS

15. Twal

16 Sione Fainu

17. Sam Fainu

I have probably adjusted slightly as I think we need someone that can cover the backs on the Bench so reluctantly Kepeoa might get a run.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: