Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0330

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition, a look at green shoots starting to come through, discuss potential Richardson goals in the UK, and ask - can a more experienced coach be Benji’s assistant? 

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0330/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

First things first, welcome back Steve. I’d like to commend you for using a one word summation for the cows game. However only you could come up with one that has 3 definitions 🙄….but spuddle may well replace plodder I’m thinking.

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Good listen on the way into work this morning.

I thought Eddie’s point on Bula was spot on and it highlights to me a problem we have had at this club since the Tedesco/Moses/Brooks era.

The media narrative around the club has been that we have let a lot of good players go. The whiplash has been to covet any player who has some potential (I.e Brooks) despite it being clear that they are simply above average (if that)

In our current roster, I think Bula and Stefano fall into this category. Plenty of hype and potential but systematically under achieving.

Historically, we have paid overs to keep these players in fear they will move on and fulfil their potential elsewhere.

I think we need to be ruthless here. Stop living in hope, and move these guys on if they don’t kick on after a couple of season (I.e Stefano).

if they go onto bigger and better things, good luck to them.

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I'm not one to excited by youtube highlights, but that Matty Nicholson looks to be a very talented player. If we can somehow raid super league and grab a bunch of forwards while offloading Seyfarth, Sullivan, Naden and Twal I might start to have a tiny piece of hope again.

Also agree with whoever said we need to go to the pacific islands. A couple of tall, fast fijian wingers would be great.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Good listen on the way into work this morning.

I thought Eddie’s point on Bula was spot on and it highlights to me a problem we have had at this club since the Tedesco/Moses/Brooks era.

The media narrative around the club has been that we have let a lot of good players go. The whiplash has been to covet any player who has some potential (I.e Brooks) despite it being clear that they are simply above average (if that)

In our current roster, I think Bula and Stefano fall into this category. Plenty of hype and potential but systematically under achieving.

Historically, we have paid overs to keep these players in fear they will move on and fulfil their potential elsewhere.

I think we need to be ruthless here. Stop living in hope, and move these guys on if they don’t kick on after a couple of season (I.e Stefano).

if they go onto bigger and better things, good luck to them.

At any other club, Stef would probably be either on the bench or just beginning to be a starter. He is about to come into the prime age for props and just needs more consistency. If he goes then everyone will be lamenting it as one that got away. The problem is identifying the right ones to develop. Stef and Bula are keepers, especially with the shortage of players and possible further expansion soon.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

First things first, welcome back Steve. I’d like to commend you for using a one word summation for the cows game. However only you could come up with one that has 3 definitions 🙄….but spuddle may well replace plodder I’m thinking.

Maybe a spuddle is a collection of plodders??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

I'm here to defend Bula from the ridiculous claims on this podcast that seems to be a weekly attack 

Kick Return Meters - 6th best in comp 

Run Meters - 5th best fullback in comp 

Player in Support - 4th best in comp and best fullback 

Line engaged - 44th in comp but 2nd best fullback 

Tackle Breaks - 33rd in comp and 6th best fullback 

Line break assists - 39th in comp and 7th best fullback 

Errors a negative stat - 9th worst fullback with 11  but better then Walsh with 20, Turbo 19 and Drinkwater - 23 errors 

Tries - 4, 11th best fullback despite being in the worst attacking team in the Comp. 

Oh and a better tackle % then either Walsh or Edwards 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Boonboon

Barra, Mike, Eastiemagpie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

It wasn’t on this podcast, but it could be a midweek discussion. It’s been rumoured that Marshall and fam are on another mid season holiday in Fiji! If this is true, I find it interesting after his press conference comments, about blaming himself for not implementing the halves jobs well enough. I’m hoping he’s over in the UK with the CEO in a way trying to recruit. Or at least still in the country trying his utmost to turn this team around. 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Could be in Fiji looking at some outside backs...I don't begrudge the guy a short family getaway to freshen up and spend some quality time with his wife and kids...he has been in Qld with the team for a couple of weeks and the players are also not expected to train for a few days during a bye week. So good luck to him. He has had a baptism of fire in his first few months as head coach with significant injuries, suspensions, frustrating plays (Naden)....maybe all these media attacks will get the boys pumped up....seemed to work for the wins against sharks and parra, Benji was getting hammered for being a part time coach after the Canberra thumping in rd 2.  

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

Could be in Fiji looking at some outside backs...I don't begrudge the guy a short family getaway to freshen up and spend some quality time with his wife and kids...he has been in Qld with the team for a couple of weeks and the players are also not expected to train for a few days during a bye week. So good luck to him. He has had a baptism of fire in his first few months as head coach with significant injuries, suspensions, frustrating plays (Naden)....maybe all these media attacks will get the boys pumped up....seemed to work for the wins against sharks and parra, Benji was getting hammered for being a part time coach after the Canberra thumping in rd 2.  

I agree, I bet most across the NRL are going on a short break. It would be a few days to relax and come back a bit fresher. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we were not on a 8 game losing streak it wouldn't be a story, Bellamy has gone up to Qld to spend time with grandkids for example

with Hunt and lomax backing up from origin and Api fresh, I think we might be in for an ambush against dragons in Wollongong 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we were not on a 8 game losing streak it wouldn't be a story, Bellamy has gone up to Qld to spend time with grandkids for example

with Hunt and lomax backing up from origin and Api fresh, I think we might be in for an ambush against dragons in Wollongong 

and Sua

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Couldn't care less where Benji is - I'm glad he and the team are having a few days off to rest and get their minds off football. 8 straight losses can not be easy to handle mentally, especially for the younger guys. 

The News Ltd discourse around our club and the game in general is pathetic. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@dirty-reds The News Ltd discourse on anything other than their own profits and interests is criminal, and pathetic.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: