Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0253

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We have a big post-victory edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast locked and loaded! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0253/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

nztigerinoz
(@nztiger)
Junior Pathways

That was a great show! Was so good to hear you boys talking about a win for once haha 
Lets hope we can build from here!

On the Schuster argument, I'm in the Garry camp...No. The last thing the Tigers need is a player who joins us and doesn't work hard or play or care for the Jersey. Sure Declan, he might be a "promising" signing but promising is not what the Tigers need in terms of a current first grader atm who has had issues after issue. Make him Manly or another club's problem, not ours.

co-Founder of Extreme Tipping
Only $25aud season entry!
​extremetipping.com.au
Join Code is: extreme2024 (Case sensitive!)

CanberraTiger, Joel Helmes, Garry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

On Bula, I’m starting to get the feeling that he is quite different to the usual “athlete” player that dominates in the juniors and takes time to adjust to first grade (particularly error rate etc) because his background is different. Only a couple of years ago he was trying to make it as a basketball player which means his hand eye coordination skills are quite different. I think that is why he looks so comfortable under the high ball and why his hands are quite soft when he is passing. A lot of these kids spend their juniors just running over smaller kids and don’t develop these finer skills

nztigerinoz and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

On Bula, I’m starting to get the feeling that he is quite different to the usual “athlete” player that dominates in the juniors and takes time to adjust to first grade (particularly error rate etc) because his background is different. Only a couple of years ago he was trying to make it as a basketball player which means his hand eye coordination skills are quite different. I think that is why he looks so comfortable under the high ball and why his hands are quite soft when he is passing. A lot of these kids spend their juniors just running over smaller kids and don’t develop these finer skills

Agreed. He passes "differently" and it actually looks clunky but he is very accurate and has gotten some perfect passes through already in his short history. I thought his basketball background has been a beat up but I agree with you that it is part of his passing ability and for me his passing game is what I am most excited about. Great to have a player who can pass with the physical presence to have defences second guessing.

If you think about it, basketball is all about passing in traffic and under pressure.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
AnyGivenSunday
(@anygivensunday)
Junior Pathways

IMG 20230429 212417 079

My son wears WT gear everywhere, he has yet to see them play finals, every game he has attended has been a loss, the look of joy on his very wet face at full time was heartwarming.

He got a photo of the team celebrating, all I can say is the outpouring of emotion by professional football players when the Cleary kick went into touch at full time shows that winning for this club and each other does mean something to them.  

Like said on the pod, people can question the coaching staff on tactics or players on execution but the effort that the team has shown in basically every game shows that the coaching staffs man management has kept morale high. Heres hoping a win can reinforce that mental strength they have shown.

The conditions were relentless, it was raining solid from the minute they starting warming up right through the final whistle. It was tough conditions to be a fan, let along going out there putting your body on the line against back to back defending premiers who no one expected them to beat. Penrith had on the field no less than Edwards, To'o, Crichton, Cleary, Luai, Leota, Yeo. The team turned up to play and gave it to them. They were hungry and determined and played for each other.

As for the game, agree with the pod every player played there part.

Id like to give the forwards praise for the ball control especially when hitting up for yardage, a 90% completion rate in those conditions is massive effort.

The back 3 handled the high ball the same, wet ball, under lights, rain falling, great effort.

Individual plays. Brooks 2 x 40/20 kicks

Nofa and Bulas Try savers

Batemans clean grab of Clearys bullet drop out aiming for the sideline, that could have been a real momentum shift late in the game.

Watching Klemmer lead the pack consistently bending the line back, 3 points.

Bula 2 points.

Brooks 1 point.      

Eddies Draft- Who needed the win more, the podcast or the forum? 

Skippa13, Frullens, Joel Helmes and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

good pod guys

as for Schuster he is a class player can play 13 or 6, if you can jag a swap with talau then it is a win for the club. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

@anygivensunday That is an amazing summary of what was an amazing win. Thank you for sharing that mate. Really brightened my day.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

good pod guys

as for Schuster he is a class player can play 13 or 6, if you can jag a swap with talau then it is a win for the club. 

He needs strong people around him to tell him when to pull his head in. Do we have those type of people at the club?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike klemmer ice api, yeah think so

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good pod chats. My thoughts:

• Cleary spent half the post match interview deflecting criticism to the hip drop rule, not the fact he didn’t adjust the game plan for the wet (early in the game the error rate was 7-1 panthers), selected peachey in the centres and had his son knock the ball on short of the line. Reverse the scenario and pretend that was sheens and brooks knocking on, and the media would have eaten them alive.
  • Looking at the year to date, what’s impressed me the most has been our consistency (except for the halves). Each game we have dominated possession and territory, and often it’s hard to identify a particular stand out forward as they have worked well as a group. Consistency is a word not synonymous with WT over the years. It’s the reason why I’m feeling very confident about this week. If the team plays like they have been for the past month, and our halves take confidence from last week, then we should be hard to beat.
  • I wasn’t a fan of schuster until I heard Declan’s impassioned plea and rationale. If it was a choice between him, AD and wakeham, I would take him. He fits with sheens style, is only 21, has buckets of ‘potential’, and could be picked up in a trade for talau.
  • Parra and Souths are the best to beat due to their supporters, but penny aren’t too far behind in my books.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @skippa13

Good pod chats. My thoughts:

• Cleary spent half the post match interview deflecting criticism to the hip drop rule, not the fact he didn’t adjust the game plan for the wet (early in the game the error rate was 7-1 panthers), selected peachey in the centres and had his son knock the ball on short of the line. Reverse the scenario and pretend that was sheens and brooks knocking on, and the media would have eaten them alive.

Cleary’s a wanker…

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mike watch out he’ll blow you a kiss with talk like that

Skippa13 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Im yet to make up my mind on schuster (especially if that 800K price tag is correct), however if you want a player to straighten the attack and dig right into the line before passing out the back, he does that as good as anybody in the NRL. 

Also i think Peachey was one of the worst signings for the club, his attitude was pathetic so i was more than pleased to get one over him and the panthers as it was so eloquently put by Eddie on the pod =)))

Crowsnest and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mike I didn't know Cleary's alias is Wayne Kerr?

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

guys when is this week's podcast set to drop ? 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: