Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0225

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

A big off-season edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast with plenty of discussion around Mitch Moses, John Bateman, and Nathan Brown, as well as the redevelopment of the Balmain Leagues Club. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0225/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Hey Crew, u should overlay some Text over the Tiger image for the Podcast to make a bonafide Logo.

Will be easier to spot the Podcast in the feed....

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @enumerator

Hey Crew, u should overlay some Text over the Tiger image for the Podcast to make a bonafide Logo.

Will be easier to spot the Podcast in the feed....

Good idea, will do 👍

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I had a bit of a listen to the latest podcast and it was just those who can podcast offering opinions on what may happen in the near future on no basis other than surely things have to be better in 2023. Kudos to the guy who reminded us of his (and my) opinion of Mitchell Moses being an arrogant twat. Other than that the topics are just elaboration of MSM gossip and innuendo. 

Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wt2040)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @helmesy

A big off-season edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast with plenty of discussion around Mitch Moses, John Bateman, and Nathan Brown, as well as the redevelopment of the Balmain Leagues Club. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0225/

Thanks guys. Another well produced, informative and relatively common sense pod. One way or another think WT are now finally on an upward trajectory and the key for me was determining what type of play we represent (DNA) . Moses or not we are on the way to understanding who we are and what how we do it and am sure fans will get behind and fully support us now with that clarity. Sure there will be some bumps on the way but I’d rather know exactly who we are and what we stand for rather than trying to replicate what has been been perceived as successful for other clubs in the past .

Russtutty63, Joel Helmes, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I had a bit of a listen to the latest podcast and it was just those who can podcast offering opinions on what may happen in the near future on no basis other than surely things have to be better in 2023. Kudos to the guy who reminded us of his (and my) opinion of Mitchell Moses being an arrogant twat. Other than that the topics are just elaboration of MSM gossip and innuendo. 

True! We’re unable to talk about anything concrete though if nothing is confirmed 😆

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mercy-rule A bit like a forum or any form of social media really. But I’m glad these guys take the time to do this as it’s enjoyable whatever the case might be.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I was listening to the latest pod in the car. The Moses will he wont he is sort of interesting, only time will tell. Personally I hope he rots at the Eels.

Later in the pod the discussion re the Rozelle site. For me I always said this change would take a generation. The new site/club, to be completed in 2025, should be branded Wests Tigers and to me that would make the merger complete.

But then I stated yelling at the audio.... It's Holman, as in Kieth Victor Holman NOT Holebrook...... Holman was a Western Suburbs legend and played from 1948 to 1961. He played halfback, we could use him now. He became a very good referee after retiring from playing. He refereed QLD vs NSW in 1971, well before SOO. He refereed the 1971 Grand Final as well as a number Aust vs NZ tests. 

Holman was made a life member of Western Suburbs while still playing... In 1983 he was awarded a life membership with the New South Wales Rugby League. Holman was also selected as part of the Western Suburbs Team Of The Century. Holman was inducted into the Australian Rugby League Hall of Fame in 2003....

It is fitting that Wests Ashfield have named the Holman Bairns Group after two legends of the foundation clubs and of the game itself, Keith Holman and Keith Bairns.

P.S. I think you guys need to add an old Magpie fan to your pod to keep you in line.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Joel Helmes, CanberraTiger, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

I was listening to the latest pod in the car. The Moses will he wont he is sort of interesting, only time will tell. Personally I hope he rots at the Eels.

Later in the pod the discussion re the Rozelle site. For me I always said this change would take a generation. The new site/club, to be completed in 2025, should be branded Wests Tigers and to me that would make the merger complete.

But then I stated yelling at the audio.... It's Holman, as in Kieth Victor Holman NOT Holebrook...... Holman was a Western Suburbs legend and played from 1948 to 1961. He played halfback, we could use him now. He became a very good referee after retiring from playing. He refereed QLD vs NSW in 1971, well before SOO. He refereed the 1971 Grand Final as well as a number Aust vs NZ tests. 

Holman was made a life member of Western Suburbs while still playing... In 1983 he was awarded a life membership with the New South Wales Rugby League. Holman was also selected as part of the Western Suburbs Team Of The Century. Holman was inducted into the Australian Rugby League Hall of Fame in 2003....

It is fitting that Wests Ashfield have named the Holman Bairns Group after two legends of the foundation clubs and of the game itself, Keith Holman and Keith Bairns.

P.S. I think you guys need to add an old Magpie fan to your pod to keep you in line.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

i see what you did there Mike

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I'm blaming Joel, I sought clarification lol. In seriousness though, if anyone was offended, I apologise, I actually read up on him before the pod but when it came time to discuss drew a blank on his name. 

Interestingly I think there may be a chance of the Leagues Club being Balmain Leagues Club as I found this last night.

https://talkbox.impactapp.com.au/communications/view/Sms/G70giOIqcbMjACD59kgZ9w==/HBrm?fbclid=IwAR0DP3MagR2VhTeUFwp-A28obDWHXR4BD2fFEPq5B5UC4rTcvB8p5Lq5knc

Which includes

Individual club names will not be changing, however our new umbrella brand will better encompass all of Wests' entities: Wests Ashfield, Croydon Sports Club, Markets Club, our representation in Wests Magpies, our shareholding at Wests Tigers, as well as our plans for the new Balmain Leagues Club. It will also help differentiate us from other Wests club groups.

I would much prefer a Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

I'm blaming Joel, I sought clarification lol. In seriousness though, if anyone was offended, I apologise, I actually read up on him before the pod but when it came time to discuss drew a blank on his name. 

Interestingly I think there may be a chance of the Leagues Club being Balmain Leagues Club as I found this last night.

https://talkbox.impactapp.com.au/communications/view/Sms/G70giOIqcbMjACD59kgZ9w==/HBrm?fbclid=IwAR0DP3MagR2VhTeUFwp-A28obDWHXR4BD2fFEPq5B5UC4rTcvB8p5Lq5knc

I would much prefer a Wests Tigers Leagues Club.

lol… and Holman’s nickname was Yappy. Pretty good nickname for a halfback. 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@mike

BAIRNS are you Kidding me. It's BARNES you &%#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The Great Golden Boots Keith BARNES. How dare you insult the greatest Tiger EVER. You should me imprisoned indefinitely.

THE FROG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Subtlety is wasted on some

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @the-frog

@mike

BAIRNS are you Kidding me. It's BARNES you &%#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The Great Golden Boots Keith BARNES. How dare you insult the greatest Tiger EVER. You should me imprisoned indefinitely.

THE FROG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol… gotcha

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @the-frog

@mike

lol… gotcha

and just for the record it’s actually William Keith Barnes… but yeah better known as Keith Barnes or Golden Boots.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: