Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0298

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Let's talk Nofa. We take a look at the departure of the Wests Tigers longest serving player. What the move also means for the team and the roster. Enjoy! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0298/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Enjoyed the positivity on the podcast guys!

I was surprised that the commentary about ball playing 13's didnt lead to any talk about Matamua. Is he not an option?

Ive got to say that the enthusiasm for the junior players coming through is great but my view is that juniors should be excluded from future NRL team talk discussion until they have played at least 15 NSW Cup games. Im talking about guys like:

Kit Lauilli

Fa'agutu

Tallyn Da Silva

Miller

Feledy

Galvin

At least watching these guys in Cup will give us a reference point as to their suitability for NRL in the long term>

I understand that the media gets excited about high profile juniors at Sydney clubs. Also for a club like WT, good juniors is all we have to hang our hat on right now. But just to give you a comparison look at how Melbourne bring through their best juniors

Harry Grant played 2 full seasons of Q Cup in 2018 and 2019 before he got loaned to WT and debuted for us. Another of their more recent crop of youngsters Jack Howarth has played 36 Q Cup games. Giving promising juniors 1-2 seasons playing against men at Cup level is much better for their development in my opinion.

If we can keep these guys OUT of NRL and shielded from the pressure that that will go a long way to helping us climb up the ladder.

Just my 2 cents.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mickb

Enjoyed the positivity on the podcast guys!

I was surprised that the commentary about ball playing 13's didnt lead to any talk about Matamua. Is he not an option?

Ive got to say that the enthusiasm for the junior players coming through is great but my view is that juniors should be excluded from future NRL team talk discussion until they have played at least 15 NSW Cup games. Im talking about guys like:

Kit Lauilli

Fa'agutu

Tallyn Da Silva

Miller

Feledy

Galvin

At least watching these guys in Cup will give us a reference point as to their suitability for NRL in the long term>

I understand that the media gets excited about high profile juniors at Sydney clubs. Also for a club like WT, good juniors is all we have to hang our hat on right now. But just to give you a comparison look at how Melbourne bring through their best juniors

Harry Grant played 2 full seasons of Q Cup in 2018 and 2019 before he got loaned to WT and debuted for us. Another of their more recent crop of youngsters Jack Howarth has played 36 Q Cup games. Giving promising juniors 1-2 seasons playing against men at Cup level is much better for their development in my opinion.

If we can keep these guys OUT of NRL and shielded from the pressure that that will go a long way to helping us climb up the ladder.

Just my 2 cents.

The way we have structured our junior contracts and top 30 squad with so many of our juniors moving into the top 30 over the next 2 seasons means that those guys have to be included in the conversation.

This time last year I thought matamua was about to take the 13 but he really failed to live up to expectations last year 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I'm really hoping the buzz around Lobb and Alaimolo is accurate. Would be great to see a backline of:

Bula

Staines

Olam

Tupou/Alaimolo

Lobb/Alaimolo

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I'm really hoping the buzz around Lobb and Alaimolo is accurate. Would be great to see a backline of:

Bula

Staines

Olam

Tupou/Alaimolo

Lobb/Alaimolo

I think we should be hoping that there is someone playing so well that they keep Tupou out of the side.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Share: