Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0299

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Episode 0299 is warmed up and ready to go! Eddie, Garry and Steve talk Greg Inglis, Lachlan Galvin and put the Wests Tigers backs and halves for 2024 under the microscope. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0299/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thanks for your efforts here Boys in the forerunner to Ep.300(no small achievement considering the team’s persistent lowly status over time).  

The plot is starting to thicken with multiple positions up for grabs in our backline,but I’d just like to echo the sentiments of both Garry and Steve in relation to Brent Naden.For mine he has all the natural attributes and really,the sky’s the limit for him if he maintains a little self-discipline and composure.While Olam has the runs on the board Naden is the very opposite with so much unrealised ability and talent.I’m very excited about his prospects and agree that his natural position is definitely centre as opposed to wing.Love to see the coaching staff get the very best out of him,and great to see G.I in the mix.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Another great poddy guys. Id add my +1 regarding Naden. Immense natural talents and with other pieces around him coming together, it could be his year to finally cement himself.

Agree pretty much with everyones summaries, but id chuck in that I think that either Lobb or Alaimalo will surprise and cement a first grade spot this year.

Probably kidding myself but Im starting to feel a lot more optimistic about our outside backs and I have previously seen our 3/4's as a weakness

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Probably kidding myself but Im starting to feel a lot more optimistic about our outside backs and I have previously seen our 3/4's as a weakness

Ha I felt the opposite

I was much more optimistic about our backline until listening to the pod today, now I'm feeling much less confident.

1. No real back up for fullback - id guess Latu would be the strongest back up

2. Question about 3rd best winger - particularly given Tupou is leaving next year

3. At least Toa and Naden competing for 2nd Centre spot

4. Galvin and Latu - both debutants

5.  7 - keeping warm for Jarome

Sezer is completely different type of player to Jarome Laui - which means our shape/plan may change again next year

Sullivan, more like Jaromes style/role - so may be better to fill in at 7 - but then going with very young half combo

Top 8 2023

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @tiger5150

Ha I felt the opposite

I was much more optimistic about our backline until listening to the pod today, now I'm feeling much less confident.

Yes but its important (IMO) to relate back to what we have before....

1. No real back up for fullback - id guess Latu would be the strongest back up

Compared to last year no real difference in fullback back up with possibly the addition of Sullivan/Fainu

2. Question about 3rd best winger - particularly given Tupou is leaving next year

Lost Nofa....added Lobb, Alaimalo, Naden hopefully fit....IMO stronger and more depth than last year.

3. At least Toa and Naden competing for 2nd Centre spot

Agreed

4. Galvin and Latu - both debutants

Sullivan will get a run before Galvin IMO...again compared to last year when we actually had Wakeham/Will Smith at one stage in the halves compared to Sezer/Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin. Much better depth IMO.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@tiger5150 agree

Top 8 2023

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Interesting point on the pod about having 8 centres vying for 2 NRL spots. 

From what I can tell only 2 of the 8 are eligible for Jersey Flegg.

Meaning when AD is fit, we'd have 4 players to play centre in NSW Cup.

I wonder if Richo would look at a partnership with a QCup team, so we can keep all players competing for spots??

NRL - Olam/Naden

NSW Cup (older than 21) - Toa, AD, AJ, Faataape 

Jersey Flegg (unde 21) - Saukuru, Feledy 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Interesting point on the pod about having 8 centres vying for 2 NRL spots. 

From what I can tell only 2 of the 8 are eligible for Jersey Flegg.

Meaning when AD is fit, we'd have 4 players to play centre in NSW Cup.

I wonder if Richo would look at a partnership with a QCup team, so we can keep all players competing for spots??

NRL - Olam/Naden

NSW Cup (older than 21) - Toa, AD, AJ, Faataape 

Jersey Flegg (unde 21) - Saukuru, Feledy 

Most of those guys are versatile to play other positions though. wing, centre fullback 2RF. Doueihi is months of causing selection problems. I dont think its a big issue

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Really lived the podcast guys. Great analysis of our stocks and potential in the backs and looking forward to the same with our forwards. 

Exciting to have the 300th pod coming soon too. I'm heading off to BBQs Galore this arvo to make sure there is a fittingly embarrassing presentation to mark the milestone. Nothing says Well Done like a Weber Q.  🤣 🤣

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What about Sezer at 13??

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

What about Sezer at 13??

Hmm interesting. I guess it depends on whether one of Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin steps up to guide the team around.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@helmesy tigers just have to look outside the circle…..2011 

You just can’t keep doing the same thing…

Ya get the same answers. Hastings at 13 was going fine until he got injured. He’s a seasoned veteran is Aiden. It’s worth a shot if think, unless Marshall unleashes Matamua.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@loganr21 sezer at 13 good idea like it

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

What about Sezer at 13??

Hmm interesting. I guess it depends on whether one of Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin steps up to guide the team around.

id seriously have a halves partner of with of these 3 and have the other on the bench. Simpkin is a waste of bench !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

What about Sezer at 13??

id seriously have a halves partner of with of these 3 and have the other on the bench. Simpkin is a waste of bench !

Agree about Simpkin - NSW Cup

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: