Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers 2023 predicted finish

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

@helmesy 3 will be the first barrier to get thru… it’s been years hasn’t it since we’ve done 3 ??

Quiz master Yioti has informed me that the last time we won 3 on the trot was R4-6, 2018.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

If we get 3 wins in a row I’ll be happy. Even better if we can go the season without back to back loses. 

There’ll be times when we have 2 or 3 losses in a row, I’m confident of that but I think it won’t be worse than that given the experience & leadership at the club now. But you never know.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

@helmesy 3 will be the first barrier to get thru… it’s been years hasn’t it since we’ve done 3 ??

Quiz master Yioti has informed me that the last time we won 3 on the trot was R4-6, 2018.

12 wins that year and didn’t make the finals. Most years it’d get you there but those bloody teams above us just kept winning of course.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I think 3 wins in a row is a good bet and it could happen first 3 rounds although I think later in the season might be best chance. To win 4 they’d have to roll one of the much more favoured teams as well. But if they can show a consistency in their football at some point, probably late season it’d be a true sign that we’re headed in the right direction.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

My gut feeling is it’ll be a season of many ups and downs, win 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2, that kind of thing. Just hoping for more ups than downs I guess.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

3 wins in a row will confirm we are on a good path, and I reckon this really needs to happen, otherwise not enough has improved.

LoganR21 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Predicting where we finish, and getting it right, is of course very difficult. The record of wooden spooners bouncing back the next year to play finals is very poor. And our record of playing finals is extremely poor. But how long will our finals drought last? Will it be broken this year, the next year, when? Obviously we don’t know for sure but there is something refreshing about 2023 and a real, long term plan in place. It all seems new again. For that reason perhaps there will not be as great a pressure as there might be if the plan wasn’t in place. I think that helps. So if we can win our first two at Leichhardt I think we’ll get plenty of confidence out of that so I’ll have a go and tip an 8th place finish. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Bottom 8 probably around 11.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

7th.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

injuries and depth will play a role, so I vote 10th

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

I’m going to reserve my answer until after our next trial. What I really want to hear next week is Bateman is here and training. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I’m going to reserve my answer until after our next trial. What I really want to hear next week is Bateman is here and training. 

No chance Bateman will be ready rd 1 in my opinion. Might play off the bench but would be no surprise if he misses a round or two.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @kenny4517

injuries and depth will play a role, so I vote 10th

Yes, my hope is we can use 26 players or less during the season, that’s a bit of a magic number as about 75% (it might be higher) of teams who do make the finals.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

• Posted by: @russtutty63

No chance Bateman will be ready rd 1 in my opinion. Might play off the bench but would be no surprise if he misses a round or two.

He will be if he’s here next week and I’d be starting him at lock 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: