Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

And, the Stefano and Parra situation? If the Storm have done their due diligence on him then I imagine Ryles would have access to that as well. It will be interesting to see who, if either, jumps first to sign him. If it's neither, then that's a huge wake-up call to Stefano; and I'd be starting with getting a new manager.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Eels have RCG, gutho, Moses, Paulo and brown take it up at least $4.5m combined. They also have lomax arriving on $650k next year. That leaves about $6.5m for the next 24 players!!!!!! Watch for a medical retirement for gutho and a move to super league for Paulo.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs a really concerning thing for me is that George Mimis manages the new Eels coach Jason Ryles and Fonua Pole.

Mimis is going to push Pole in the direction of the Eels from 2026 to take up RCG's place in their squad.

Pole should be offered the contract that Stefano is seeking and we should pull the Stefano offer immediately.

The performance of the two players over the past 18 months is chalk and cheese.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

-- attachment is not available --

ryles coming in to parramatta with a mandate to turn over their roster. There are not that many players with long contracts. Anyone here that we should target? Cartright? Talagai? They have so much tide up with gutho, Paulo, Moses and brown. They are going to struggle to regenerate their squad.

Ive been watching Parra pretty closely and to me there is genuinely no one there that we want. Would have loved Moses but thats obviously not happening and we have a better option with Luai IMO. Talagi looks reasonable but over hyped and probably overpriced. none of their forwards other than maybe Hopgood but he will be the one they keep.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

ryles coming in to parramatta with a mandate to turn over their roster. There are not that many players with long contracts. Anyone here that we should target? Cartright? Talagai? They have so much tide up with gutho, Paulo, Moses and brown. They are going to struggle to regenerate their squad.

Ive been watching Parra pretty closely and to me there is genuinely no one there that we want. Would have loved Moses but thats obviously not happening and we have a better option with Luai IMO. Talagi looks reasonable but over hyped and probably overpriced. none of their forwards other than maybe Hopgood but he will be the one they keep.

I agree Talagai probably overhyped. What about Cartwright? I haven’t watched too many eels games this year but my impression was that he has improved since he moved from the titans. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I agree Talagai probably overhyped. What about Cartwright? I haven’t watched too many eels games this year but my impression was that he has improved since he moved from the titans. 

Parra have turned Cartwright around and he has been playing well, but he is 30 and has had some serious injuries. If he came here at 30-31yo, which version you reckon we get? Parra Carty or Titans Carty?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Parra have turned Cartwright around and he has been playing well, but he is 30 and has had some serious injuries. If he came here at 30-31yo, which version you reckon we get? Parra Carty or Titans Carty?

haha yeah maybe the example of Papi suggests we won’t get the best out of him.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I could see us taking RCG on a subsidised deal for 2025 if we lose Stef for next year. 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@mickb   you are so right!  we are way to concerned on signing the wrong bloke, Pole is a gun and is younger and is a weapon!!  We cannot lose him under any circumstances

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I could see us taking RCG on a subsidised deal for 2025 if we lose Stef for next year. 

I cant see Parra letting Reg go. IMO he is the pillar of their pack.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

-- attachment is not available -- -- attachment is not available -- -- attachment is not available --

Talagi and Hopgood.  

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

@tigertownsfs a really concerning thing for me is that George Mimis manages the new Eels coach Jason Ryles and Fonua Pole.

Mimis is going to push Pole in the direction of the Eels from 2026 to take up RCG's place in their squad.

Pole should be offered the contract that Stefano is seeking and we should pull the Stefano offer immediately.

The performance of the two players over the past 18 months is chalk and cheese.

This. If we lose Pole it is a huge blow. It's clear to see that he's getting better all the time. Out of the two Pole is the priority. I'd be happy to retain Stef at $400k, I think that's his worth.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Talagi is the only.player from Parramatta we should be talking too, he will be a gun in years to come and would loom very good in our backline

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Talagi is the only.player from Parramatta we should be talking too, he will be a gun in years to come and would loom very good in our backline

I think Talagi will be chasing spine money and there is no room in the 25-27 spine with Bula, Turuva, Galvin, Fainu, Luai. Centre/wing maybe but on centre/wing money and I dont think that will get him here

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Surely the Eels will be looking to shed higher paid players to free up cap not promising kids. They need to get rid of gutho to bring talagai into fullback (or lomax). If they can shed Gutho, Paulo and sivo they are not in terrible shape. Big IF. More likely they can’t and they end up losing players like Talagai

ReplyQuote
Page 992 / 1058
Share: