Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Interesting listening to Chad Townsend talk of his decision to play at the Rorters next year. More or less alluding to the fact they will help him post football. There’s little doubt clubs like the Roosters can do this outside the cap apparently. I suppose if it’s done properly it’s an advantage for the clubs that can do this sort of thing, a loophole of sorts that most of us would already guess exists. 

This post was modified 3 days ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

The Dragons have pulled out of the race for Stef, but the Raiders are preparing to offer him $1m a season. I hope he takes it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

The Dragons have pulled out of the race for Stef, but the Raiders are preparing to offer him $1m a season. I hope he takes it.

That would be absolutely crazy, I don't see him as a Ricky Stuart type player. However as you say at $1m good luck to him and the Raiders. I would take Tapine over Stef any day of the week, maybe we can do a swap.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Hass to the Tigers… lol

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Panthers have released May...probably now have enough money to go after Stef

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Raiders have withdrawn their interest in Stef. Unsurprising but disappointing

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Raiders and Dragons withdrawn

Reports are Storm interested but need to move some players around.

Panthers have had to pay out May - would need to see of they have enough cash.

WT could be in the box seat

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @frullens

there’s a reason why the Raiders and St George have dropped out. He’s not worth anywhere near what we offered. If he stays it will turn out to be a really bad signing imo.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast This will be Richo’s first major mistake ..not really feeling the love for Richo anymore , botched stadium deal signing someone for twice they actually are worth.No mention of any signings for next season other clubs bolstering there stocks weekly!

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @frullens

there’s a reason why the Raiders and St George have dropped out. He’s not worth anywhere near what we offered. If he stays it will turn out to be a really bad signing imo.

They need to re-sign Pole

CanberraTiger, Joel Helmes, Avo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @snake

@avocadoontoast This will be Richo’s first major mistake ..not really feeling the love for Richo anymore , botched stadium deal signing someone for twice they actually are worth.No mention of any signings for next season other clubs bolstering there stocks weekly!

I still have faith in him long term, he’s done well everywhere he’s been. But the offer to Stef is ridiculous. That sort of money is for a top 5 NRL prop, I doubt Stef is in the top 20. If we have any brains we’ll pull the offer, re-sign Pole (who I think is a better player) and go to market to sign someone who is a genuine forward leader.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @snake

I still have faith in him long term, he’s done well everywhere he’s been. But the offer to Stef is ridiculous. That sort of money is for a top 5 NRL prop, I doubt Stef is in the top 20. If we have any brains we’ll pull the offer, re-sign Pole (who I think is a better player) and go to market to sign someone who is a genuine forward leader.

Impossible to know what wheels are in motion in the background. I will say, at this stage at least, 2025 roster not looking much better than present.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

I suspect Canberra and the Dragons are "pulling out" as they've been told that there's no interest. I don't think he'll go to another bottom 8 club - it'll only be one of the big dogs. 

Important to remember that this contract is for the next 5 years. How not getting the big money to perform in July 2024, he's getting on potential. He's very young for a prop, and so it's not surprising that he's inconsistent at this stage of his career.

The first year or two will probably see the $$ outrank the performance, but by the end of the deal it will likely be the other way around as he matures (and the cap continues to increase). 

Wouldn't be surprised if Richo leans on Luai to put in a call to him, as I assume they know each other from the Samoa set up. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With his current contract, can he take up 1 more year? 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @canberratiger

With his current contract, can he take up 1 more year? 

he is still under Contract next year, but it would be on less than our new offer I assume.

ReplyQuote
Page 989 / 990
Share: