Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looks like stef is doubtful, his manager has requested richo put negotiations on hold. 

At 800k that salary for stef it outrageous, I would let him go and pursue Hunt from sharks 

Yeah after last weeks game I really don't care if he goes. He's just not worth anywhere near that money, especially for 5 years. 

I’m off the Stef wagon. This was his year to establish himself as a top prop but has gone backwards.  Good luck to him if he wants to go to a good team, he’ll get found out pretty quick. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So with Galvin I reckon that either:

He wants out and Richo said no. So they are saving face. He will aim to leave ASAP and Richo hopes he falls in love with the club in the meantime. There will be constant speculation. 

Or

He extends on more money soon. 

Either way it is not over by a long way

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@canberratiger The club that made the offer got cold feet I reckon.. Richo is the man no more dealing with a toothless Tiger  dealing with the club now is a different proposition!

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I know Brandon Smith is a ratbag, but I really hope we have a crack at him if Roosters cut him loose. 

Look he fits this team .. another NZ rep player that is good on his day. But again very ROCKS & DIAMONDS and with us it usually works out more former. 

to be fair his rocks are better than most our guys diamonds

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Galvin only wants to play in a good team so he doesn’t have to do the hard work. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Re Stef, I’d say that Richo put the negotiations on hold not his management. Won’t be a surprise if he plays reserve grade once we get some players back.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Re Stef, I’d say that Richo put the negotiations on hold not his management. Won’t be a surprise if he plays reserve grade once we get some players back.

I reckon Stef's management have so they can get some offers in. If other clubs come within x amount then he is gone but if not then he signs on with us. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I reckon Stef's management have so they can get some offers in. If other clubs come within x amount then he is gone but if not then he signs on with us. 

I think he has already checked out.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @canberratiger

So with Galvin I reckon that either:

He wants out and Richo said no. So they are saving face. He will aim to leave ASAP and Richo hopes he falls in love with the club in the meantime. There will be constant speculation. 

Or

He extends on more money soon. 

Either way it is not over by a long way

I'd say he has been told he ain't leaving, he shuts his mouth for 2025 and end of 2025 if the club is not doing well and good offers come from Penrith or Roosters for 2027 he signs with them and agitates a release for 2026

agree it is not over 

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Wouldn't make sense to check out

Just when you are in the shop window

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

What irks me about Stefano is he never seems to show any passion or get pissed off. 

He’s just a bigger version of Twal, same thing week in and week out. 

At this stage, borderline plodder.

Guys on $800,000 take the game by the collar at least a couple of games a year.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Kenny4517, CanberraTiger, LoganR21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

What irks me about Stefano is he never seems to show any passion or get pissed off. 

This week would be the perfect time for Stef to do just that and shake things up a bit. If he doesn't step up in this pack he runs the real risk of being shown up by a couple of kids with absolutely nothing to lose.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I think he has shown passion & been pissed off but it’s usually borne out of frustration & near the end of games when things haven’t gone as we all hoped they might. It’s frustration with his own game & the team as a whole, totally understandable too but it’s not productive. I posted several weeks ago I believed Klem was playing better, Stef was too hit & miss. But I still see some signs that there is a very good prop there, one who will get better. Keep him & find another good middle for less money to strengthen the pack. Jack Williams would be ideal imo. Or maybe this English player but I have no idea who that is so have no opinion of him. Klem will need to be replaced in a year or two so if losing Stef & Klem it means looking for 2 good, experienced props very soon & other clubs are looking too so good luck with that. We have a sone good 20 year old back rowers coming through, Sukkar, Clarke, Laulilii, Hodges, Broederlow to name 5 who, I expect at least one will provide depth to the back row. Adding Williams along with Luai & Turuva & maybe a good outside back would be great recruitment imo for next year. Then maybe the club look at replacing Klem after 2025. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I was thinking the same thing, but Twal works harder in defence. We have too many plodders, plodsville.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

We needed larger bodies in our front row. 

ReplyQuote
Page 971 / 983
Share: