Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Am I correct in saying his Manager is Issac Moses???? Nough said.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Joey Johns just said that Galvin should have a think about staying and getting us up the ladder to build his legacy. Very refreshing to hear someone in the media say it 

Barra, Westy81, Jedi Tiger and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast according to google he is signed until the end of 2026 with st Helen’s

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigertragic56

@avocadoontoast according to google he is signed until the end of 2026 with st Helen’s

well that probably rules him out. Tbh in my mind I had Richo looking at some really experienced hard English forwards. That’s what we need

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertragic56

i think that would mean even less in Super league than it does here. The money he would get paid here, even as a kid would be multiples of what he is getting over there and it would almost be inhumane to deny the kid the opportunity to earn the money and have a crack in the top level. Besides, they might like the thought of Sullivan or Naden at St Helens?

I think Bud and Naden would tear up over there.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Souths have tried to get Delaney a few weeks back when Ellison was over there and St Helens said no, Richo has made a play for Delaney for 2025

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Joey Johns just said that Galvin should have a think about staying and getting us up the ladder to build his legacy. Very refreshing to hear someone in the media say it 

Same point I made on an earlier post, look at the profile that players like Benji, Robbie, JT, the Johns brothers, brandy etc... built taking a struggling team to a premiership, why do you think Luai is coming next year when he could have probably gone to a few other more successful clubs on similar coin.....in 20 years he will not be remembered as the guy that won 3, probably 4 premierships back to back for Penrith, it will be Cleary snr and jnr that will have that legacy. Galvin and the other young players have a chance to do something special so give it a crack for 3 years to see where it goes, its not like you will not be getting paid handsomely, you will be 21 by then and could still sign a lucrative contract and go to a more successful team if things don't work out. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Figure pulling strings in Tiger teen circus;​
James Hooper from Fox Sports
June 13th, 2024 6:37 am

Wests Tigers teenager Lachlan Galvin seems like a great young bloke from a thoroughly decent family.
Which is why it’s so bizarre to see the agitation and the attempted manipulation around the rookie requesting an immediate release.

Galvin has played 10 NRL games this season and has a contract with Wests Tigers until the end of 2026.

Low and behold the agent puppeteering the strings on the Galvin situation is none other than Isaac Moses.

This is the same Isaac Moses who was involved when his cousin Mitchell demanded an immediate release to move to the Parramatta Eels.

The same year Moses also moved James Tedesco to the Sydney Roosters and Aaron Woods to the Bulldogs.

All three players – like Galvin – were local Wests Tigers juniors.

For unknown reasons Moses has now apparently thrown his toys out of the cot about Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall.

This is not unusual given Moses has a penchant for fallouts with some of the biggest and most influential figures in the game.

Nick Politis, Phil Gould and Ricky Stuart all point blank refuse to deal with him.

Good on Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson for having the cojones to reject the release request.

The mail is Richardson will meet Galvin’s parents this week to explain the Wests Tigers reasoning and outline the club’s plan moving forward.

And spare us the fluffy cupcake fairytales about the Wests Tigers refusing to provide him with a direct pathway into the NRL.

We can’t think of too many other NRL coaches who would have selected the 18-year-old in the no.6 jumper for the start of the season.

The only two games Galvin’s missed is when he was suspended for a hip drop tackle at the conclusion of round three.

He’s then been rested this week which was always planned as he recovers from a broken hand.

The Wests Tigers met Moses last Friday and offered an upgrade and an extension on Galvin’s current deal.

Moses immediately rejected it and then the circus began to unfold off the back of it.

Like we said at the start Galvin seems like a great young bloke from a good family.

But there are no winners when agents try to agitate with players under contract.

It’s also interesting to note NRL CEO Andrew Abdo has weighed in on the issue warning rules are rules around players under contract.

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Even Hooper throwing stones at the Moses camp. The PR battle has been done and dusted, turn it in Isaac. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Even Hooper throwing stones at the Moses camp. The PR battle has been done and dusted, turn it in Isaac. 

At this stage he is just damaging Galvins perception in the Tigers and RL community

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger5150

At this stage he is just damaging Galvins perception in the Tigers and RL community

I agree with this. Galvin had the potential to be a Tigers great, and I love the way he plays. I can also understand why he'd want out. However, he's 10 or so games into a 3 year contract. If he'd put his head down and worked his butt off to play out his contract, and then left at the end, so be it, that stuff happens. But to do this now, mid way through a season to the team that took a chance on him, is really disappointing. Yes he's a kid, but i've lost a heap of respect for him. Reminds me of Tedesco, only probably more mercenary.

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I agree with this. Galvin had the potential to be a Tigers great, and I love the way he plays. I can also understand why he'd want out. However, he's 10 or so games into a 3 year contract. If he'd put his head down and worked his butt off to play out his contract, and then left at the end, so be it, that stuff happens. But to do this now, mid way through a season to the team that took a chance on him, is really disappointing. Yes he's a kid, but i've lost a heap of respect for him. Reminds me of Tedesco, only probably more mercenary.

Also smacks of the Mitchell Moses departure!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Sullivan now refusing to go. SMH report.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Also smacks of the Mitchell Moses departure!

100%

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Some interesting whispers about Galvins family in regards to always chasing the top teams throughout his juniors.

I would love to know if there is any truth to it. The evidence on paper looks like it is, but that doesn't mean it's true.

However, if it is true, I would be seriously contemplating letting him go (in exchange for a decent player), as long as we have Fainu and Large locked up. Or go in hard for Blaize Talagi to play centre and he also gives cover for 5/8.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 968 / 983
Share: