Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @lorenzo

Isn't there a rule where you have to have your top 30 settled by the 30th June.....if so, they are going to cut it very fine. By my count with the great news about Kepaoa we are now down to 27, so 3 spots that need to be filled.....hopefully they are not planning to promote any more juniors to make up the numbers. 

You can use players that you have released in your top 30 if you have paid them above a certain amount. We did it with joffa last year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Brandon smith?

His issues away from football are not worth the risk in my opinion.

I only read about his "away from footy" issues in the media so I'd be relying on you having better "intel" than me on his genuine issues - and that wouldn't be hard.

But, he's a seriously elite footballer at his best and might be worth a punt at the right price. Elite is what WT lack right now with the exception of Api.

Barra, Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Brandon smith?

I only read about his "away from footy" issues in the media so I'd be relying on you having better "intel" than me on his genuine issues - and that wouldn't be hard.

But, he's a seriously elite footballer at his best and might be worth a punt at the right price. Elite is what WT lack right now with the exception of Api.

And that's the thing, if he didn't have off field issues, he'd never sign with us (he still probably wouldn't). We are in a position now where to build a strong roster we have to sign good players that have off field issues, or develop juniors, or pay massive overs. 

Smith would be, with Api, our best players by a lot. Right now we should have one focus, and that's to improve our roster. We aren't in the position where we can pick and choose. We are the worst team in the comp, by far.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Brandon smith?

And that's the thing, if he didn't have off field issues, he'd never sign with us (he still probably wouldn't). We are in a position now where to build a strong roster we have to sign good players that have off field issues, or develop juniors, or pay massive overs. 

Smith would be, with Api, our best players by a lot. Right now we should have one focus, and that's to improve our roster. We aren't in the position where we can pick and choose. We are the worst team in the comp, by far.

I think he would probably sign with us, he will be desperate for money once the Roosters let him go.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Brandon smith?

He is definitely an elite footballer, my concern is his issues have a high probability of destroying team harmony. If we were design him hopefully, he gets it sorted because he is an amazing footballer.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Brandon smith?

He is definitely an elite footballer, my concern is his issues have a high probability of destroying team harmony. If we were design him hopefully, he gets it sorted because he is an amazing footballer.

Lots of young and easily influenced kids in our team, keep him far away, short term adrenaline hit would not outweigh the  medium and long term damage. He has a couple of major problems, both of which are already tempting a large number of younger people in sport and across society. He will end up at the dogs in my opinion.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Asu kepoa off to Penrith

let's hope we can get Brandon Smith from Roosters, combine that with Schuster cheap and add Luai we have some x factor in the team

Add Hunt from sharks plus another pommy forward and ley Stefano walk.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Asu kepoa off to Penrith

let's hope we can get Brandon Smith from Roosters, combine that with Schuster cheap and add Luai we have some x factor in the team

Add Hunt from sharks plus another pommy forward and ley Stefano walk.

And a quality backrower from the UK and we’re cooking.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Kapaoa to the Panthers effective immediately per DT.

Now Steve can praise this guy with potential after he stars off the bench in this years grand final. 😂🤣

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Kapaoa to the Panthers effective immediately per DT.

Now Steve can praise this guy with potential after he stars off the bench in this years grand final. 😂🤣

I think he has already book marked him for a I told you so if that eventuates.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.listnr.com/podcasts/triple-m-footy-nrl-news-and-interviews/episodes/adam-doueihi-on-his-task-of-providing-tigers-attit

some remarkable comments from Douhie in here. Basically saying that he thinks he will be back in the firsts next week if he gets through this weekend. Says he wants to sets standards and the kids can pull their heads in or play in reserves 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

https://www.listnr.com/podcasts/triple-m-footy-nrl-news-and-interviews/episodes/adam-doueihi-on-his-task-of-providing-tigers-attit

some remarkable comments from Douhie in here. Basically saying that he thinks he will be back in the firsts next week if he gets through this weekend. Says he wants to sets standards and the kids can pull their heads in or play in reserves 

No self awareness of his abilities at all.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@garry yes he’s a bit of a weirdo in that sense. But I do prefer someone who at least pretends to love the club

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I reckon Galvin to Roosters 2025 and they may offload Brandon Smith to us to gain the release. Or does Richo ask for Billy Smith
not sure where we play Brandon maybe a running 13 and cover for Api

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I reckon Galvin to Roosters 2025 and they may offload Brandon Smith to us to gain the release. Or does Richo ask for Billy Smith
not sure where we play Brandon maybe a running 13 and cover for Api

That’s a poor trade for us. 

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 966 / 982
Share: