Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mercy-rule I beg to differ with you again.I maintain that our very communications can make a difference.I strongly believe it does matter what you and I think,even though directly it may bear little relevance in the scheme of things.For example,I was a signatory to the petition created by the good folk of this forum and it was only through that process that change was realised.That was in retrospect bordering on the miraculous,but in reality nothing more than the beauty of democracy.After that meaningful change I saw  fit to resume my membership.It’s hardly earth shattering but in doing so,part of an ongoing process.Wests Tigers through thick and thin!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger-symmetry I think WT will be a more successful and higher status club when the Marshall experiment is ended. Replaced by?? .... I have no idea, but there's precious little to date (8 consecutive losses and weird selections) to think that Marshall has any current credentials as an NRL coach, other than in his and Richo's mind.

I agree that Benji is way off being an NRL coach. He’s a great man manager though and it’s clear the players want to play for him. If I was in charge I’d have him remain as head coach officially, but bring in an NRL calibre head coach like JD to have total control of the attack and assist with other stuff Benji isn’t great on, like interchange.

Joel Helmes, Kenny4517, Peter A and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It’s been fascinating to watch how Benji has decided to rebuild the club. His total focus on attitude in defence and effort has been something quite surprising given they weren’t what he was known for as a player (maybe will to win was a characteristic of his). His complete tolerance of zero attack efficiency and just focus on attitude and resilience is not something that will yield quick results it might be some that works when you bring in a few more marquee players ie Luai can only work his magic when his team is not conceding a tonne of points and his forward give him platform and field position. It’s not the quickest way to win games but it at least had the potential to lead to enduring performance. Year 1: weed out the players that don’t suit the new attitude, blood kids. year 2: bring in some quality and experience into a squad with better intangible attributes. Year 3 top 8. Beyond: bring pipeline of kids through, keep the best, lose the rest and stay in the top 8.

Joel Helmes and Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger-symmetry I also signed the petition but have not yet renewed memberships. I'm looking for a little more evidence that things hit rock bottom with the second wooden spoon last year and things are now on the way up. While there's been the odd green shoot of hope this year, WT are heading for a 3rd wooden spoon. If Stefano stays and Galvin stays (although I don't know how true those rumours of him possibly leaving are) that, to me, would be a good sign from those who know, the players, that they believe Marshall et al can coach them, develop them, and strategize to win more games with the squad they're part of. I live in hope.

Joel Helmes, Tiger Symmetry, Avo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we should be looking at Schuster if we can get him on a good deal, can play off the bench and ball play. 

Joel Helmes and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m a no on shuster personally. With Luai and Galvin plus Fainu I think we have enough creators

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Moses has said Galvin has a hand injury and the club should be resting him...

Moses made a request for a release start of the year, no doubt he will agitate and try again if he thinks he can get a better deal for the young fella, or if the club tries to move him our of the 6 if he wants to play 6... 

Well hell... aren't we glad this Issaac Moses flog is not our coach...

Best thing young Galvin can do is get rid of this shit bloke as his manager and concentrate on learning what Benji can teach him in the now...

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

we should be looking at Schuster if we can get him on a good deal, can play off the bench and ball play. 

Would be a wasted spot.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

get out there and make blaize talagi an offer he can't refuse... use some of Stef's cash

TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Stef is gone. We were absolutely destroyed by the saints and he didn’t even put a hit on all night. Coach should drop him

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Stef is gone. We were absolutely destroyed by the saints and he didn’t even put a hit on all night. Coach should drop him

Yep, one foot out the door for sure.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

CanberraTiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Michael Ennis called Stef out for it after the game. He said something along the lines of: he wants top 5 prop money and he isn't even in the top 20 at the moment 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Actually it’s a stretch to remember his last hit that he did put on? 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@loganr21 The guy is Tanking simple !

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Moses has said Galvin has a hand injury and the club should be resting him...

Moses made a request for a release start of the year, no doubt he will agitate and try again if he thinks he can get a better deal for the young fella, or if the club tries to move him our of the 6 if he wants to play 6... 

Well hell... aren't we glad this Issaac Moses flog is not our coach...

Best thing young Galvin can do is get rid of this shit bloke as his manager and concentrate on learning what Benji can teach him in the now...

Yes, league journos (for want of a better term) show no ends of disrespect to fans by thinking we're too stupid to see the agendas. The Mole and Moses are no doubt putting this out there to agitate and both know the Roosters will be in need of a quality 6 very soon. prefer they just wrote that instead of the pathetic attempt at subterfuge. 

ReplyQuote
Page 956 / 983
Share: