Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Moses has said Galvin has a hand injury and the club should be resting him...

Moses made a request for a release start of the year, no doubt he will agitate and try again if he thinks he can get a better deal for the young fella, or if the club tries to move him our of the 6 if he wants to play 6... 

if Galvin left we are absolutely rogered.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

People are free to make subjective dollar valuations on a player’s price tag but the hard truth is,until we attain a consistent higher status we’re always going to be paying overs across the board.I believe this is where we just have to get behind the Richo regime and as hard and ironic as it may seem observe a little more patience.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast Galvin will be interesting moving forward .. I feel his best position in a few seasons is definitely at 13 . I don’t know what the rush is and the pressure from his manager or family , he is playing NRL at this stage and will be partnering a pretty good player next season . 
The top clubs will not be interested for a few seasons then they will pounce let him have his apprenticeship, he has come back to the pack ATM , no one knows what the future is will this guy looks ok at present but have seen it all before !

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Moses has said Galvin has a hand injury and the club should be resting him...

Moses made a request for a release start of the year, no doubt he will agitate and try again if he thinks he can get a better deal for the young fella, or if the club tries to move him our of the 6 if he wants to play 6... 

if Galvin left we are absolutely rogered.

we are already ‼️

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I'm going to be honest. Starting to really dislike this kid Galvin. For 6 months the noise around him is all negative. Family needs meetings etc. 

If he wants to go...just go. Really seems to be the start of a big problem at the club. Family and manager calling the shots. When we start improving this noise will be a distraction. Might be better to get rid now. he doesn't play much fg anywhere else anyway

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @kiwitiger

I'm going to be honest. Starting to really dislike this kid Galvin. For 6 months the noise around him is all negative. Family needs meetings etc. 

If he wants to go...just go. Really seems to be the start of a big problem at the club. Family and manager calling the shots. When we start improving this noise will be a distraction. Might be better to get rid now. he doesn't play much fg anywhere else anyway

I can’t really blame him. If he was your kid would you advise him to stay at the Tigers?

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger-symmetry I think WT will be a more successful and higher status club when the Marshall experiment is ended. Replaced by?? .... I have no idea, but there's precious little to date (8 consecutive losses and weird selections) to think that Marshall has any current credentials as an NRL coach, other than in his and Richo's mind.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Suali's punishment for that tackle on Walsh....

4 years in Rugby 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

sounds to me he and his family are probably making it clear he wants to play 6 and not 13 moving forward .

If not I am sure he will have no shortage of clubs queuing up to play him at 6

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

sounds to me he and his family are probably making it clear he wants to play 6 and not 13 moving forward .

I’d say if he keeps his development up he can keep the 6 jersey here for at least the next few years.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @helmesy

I’d say if he keeps his development up he can keep the 6 jersey here for at least the next few years.

him and luai could be anything together next year

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think Galvin will end up at 13 as well, but it's likely 3 years away If that. 

All we've seen in terms of him (or his agent/family) being unsettled is a couple of lines in a Mole gossip column, so I'm not overly concerned yet. 

We've gotta start building and actually moving up the table though, otherwise anyone decent will want to leave. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Honestly think we should stop talking about Galvin playing 13 and enjoy what he is doing for us at 6, I think he is a potential stand out 6 with exceptional defense, great ball handling skills a handy short and long kicking game and a big body, imagine what he could do next to Luai and with a full season under his belt. The only way I can see him move to 13 is if he naturally fills out and slows down and/or Latu gets a solid crack in the halves and absolutely brains it. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mercy-rule With all due respect I believe your very playing with the notion of giving Benji the flick unhinged and bordering on the insane.So at this stage of the reconstruction and renewal,you want to sack the coach because we’re not accruing wins?I really think it’s highly premature to be throwing the toys out of the cot.You might as well lead the bull into the china shop and then hit him with the cattle prod.  
 We’ve only just installed a new management/administration to everyone’s relief and embarked on a difficult process.Are we going to allow that process to organically develop or go down the familiar,well-trodden path of chopping and changing because we’re not realising short term success?
  You can throw a myriad of criticisms at Benji,an unwinning coach is an easy target and damned either way,but Benji has a united front and a team that refuses to turn it up even though a less than perfect team and albeit a heavily depleted one at the moment.Benji doesn’t have a lot of options but in my opinion he is showing real determination,honesty and strength of character.He’s displaying great coaching attributes.As if Benji isn’t deluded enough to think that it’s going to be an armchair ride.He knows precisely what he’s up against.  
  At this time rather than talk of termination there has to be an unwavering commitment and willingness,no matter how unpalatable,to stay the course.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger-symmetry Sure, you make good points. But, ultimately, it won't matter what you or I think. It will be what players with limited careers and their managers think. My point is that I don't see Marshall as a magnet that tempts players to stay if they get a slightly better offer from  a more successful club. And, let's face it, all clubs are more successful than WT over recent seasons. You obviously feel that, given the right cattle, Marshall can be a successful coach. And, you may well be right.

ReplyQuote
Page 955 / 1066
Share: