Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

My fortune teller reports Stef is on way out. 
May be wrong but agree with the thoughts that he just doesn’t consistently provide enough or on the field leadership that a +$800 year player should.

Kenny4517, LoganR21, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast I agree. He's more problem than solution, as decent and honest and dedicated as he is. I think he's a fantastic guy and a great club man, but ........he offers zero creativity in attack and is slow and ponderous on his feet. He's a poor man's Aaron Woods.

I think comparisons with Stefano are ludicrous. Will the Tigers be offering Alex Twal $800K a season for his next contract? I don't think so.

If Alex Twal became a free agent how many clubs would be chasing him to sign him? Not many I would think and almost certainly none of the so-called elite clubs. 

That's just my honest opinion and I have great respect for him. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

With Ice and Simpkin already gone. 

Stefano on the way out by the looks 

Naden, Bateman and Sullivan being shopped. 

who comes in to replace them. I can’t see many banging the door down to join the club. 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

May be wrong but agree with the thoughts that he just doesn’t consistently provide enough or on the field leadership that a +$800 year player should.

must have the same fortune teller. I’ve been told very similar

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Has that feeling about it. My preference is he stays. He’s not good enough though to destroy our salary cap for.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Has that feeling about it. My preference is he stays. He’s not good enough though to destroy our salary cap for.

Depends what "Destroying our salary cap" means. Personally I'd flip the argument and say $150-200K is not worth destroying our rebuild over.

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

Depends what "Destroying our salary cap" means. Personally I'd flip the argument and say $150-200K is not worth destroying our rebuild over.

It’s actually about desire to be at the club. The club are offering him overs based on potential. Potential I don’t think he has truly showed .Even the fact that the contract has these clauses in them confirms he always has doubts.

I am happy for him leave. Replace him with someone that wants to be at the club.

Culture is never going to change with players that don’t really want to be there. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger5150

It’s actually about desire to be at the club. The club are offering him overs based on potential. Potential I don’t think he has truly showed .Even the fact that the contract has these clauses in them confirms he always has doubts.

I am happy for him leave. Replace him with someone that wants to be at the club.

Culture is never going to change with players that don’t really want to be there. 

I'd agree with you in 2011 - 2015, not now. What you are saying makes total sense and is completely logical except for the fact that we have been at the bottom for a long period of time. Players are not going to want to be here if one of the bones of our club wants to leave. Why would a Lachy Galvin want to stay if our best props and one of the backbones of the rebuild is told to go walk?

Avo and Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

we just need to look at the culture change at the Dogs, they now look like a team that are playing for each other and the Jersey, is it a coach thing...sort of, only so far as the coach recruiting a few players that lead the way for the rest...im talking about JAC, Kiraz, and now Crichton, they were always in the mix last year with their effort however Crichton has taken them to another level, these are 3 players that you can tell refuse to lose, I think we are building a similar core and they include Galvin and Api currently, Luai will make a massive difference and so will Turuva to a lesser extent, Sam Fainu is on the way to being that type of player so things are not as dire as they may look. in fact we look a bit like the dogs did last year, but instead of leaking points we are not scoring them. The whole Stef thing has me in two minds...is he that player that has a winning at all costs mentality? I have not seen it yet and they are the ones that should be on the big bucks in our roster. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Stef wants to win. He wants to win so badly that he will move to an obvious contender like the roosters or the panthers. The trouble is he doesn’t make winning his responsibility, he doesn’t make it happen when others won’t. I think that’s because he has been brought into a losing culture and doesn’t know how to do it. Move to a winning club and he will learn how to win and he will be a very very good player

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Stef wants to win. He wants to win so badly that he will move to an obvious contender like the roosters or the panthers. The trouble is he doesn’t make winning his responsibility, he doesn’t make it happen when others won’t. I think that’s because he has been brought into a losing culture and doesn’t know how to do it. Move to a winning club and he will learn how to win and he will be a very very good player

I can't see the roosters or panthers paying anywhere near 800k for stef. Roosters pretty stacked in the forwards and panthers are already struggling with the salary cap and keeping their players, doubt they will play overs for a unproven prop...only options I see for him are dogs and dragons....not what you would call guaranteed top 8 teams. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @lorenzo

I can't see the roosters or panthers paying anywhere near 800k for stef. Roosters pretty stacked in the forwards and panthers are already struggling with the salary cap and keeping their players, doubt they will play overs for a unproven prop...only options I see for him are dogs and dragons....not what you would call guaranteed top 8 teams. 

the issue is teams like the Roosters and Panthers won’t need to spend that much to get him. It’s a more attractive proposition as he’ll play finals every year.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Penrith have JFH, Luai and Turuva coming off the books next year. No idea if they're still in on Stef, but I would expect there'd be another strong middle fwd incoming over there. 

Most teams will have an interest in a 24 year old prop with Stef's talent - he'll have no shortage of options if he does decided to look elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Moses has said Galvin has a hand injury and the club should be resting him...

Moses made a request for a release start of the year, no doubt he will agitate and try again if he thinks he can get a better deal for the young fella, or if the club tries to move him our of the 6 if he wants to play 6... 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

As much as Id like to keep Stef, I think $800k is a lot of money for Potential.Has he consistantly outplayed Klemmer this year? No he hasnt. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 954 / 983
Share: