Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I thikn Bula is suffering from the rest of the team having no real impact in attack. opposition teams will be prepared for him out the back on our block plays. Hopefully next year with Luai and hopefully a few other strike options in attack, it enables Bula to be one of a few options and the defence cant sweat on him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Matty Nicholson joining Canberra per Chammas.

Richo probably will come back with Nofo 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

that would be a good backline for 2025

I am not convinced on Bula at all.

I am a little concerned about bula but happy to see what happens when luai arrives

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Matty Nicholson joining Canberra per Chammas.

Richo probably will come back with Nofo 

That’s disappointing 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don’t see anything wrong with Matamua at lock. Big body, a very nice pass, cool head. He is the Blore type guy who we burn and gets picked up elsewhere and turns out really good. His development has been atrocious by the club (doubtful it’s an attitude thing given he captain the junior sides coming through). Leave him in first grade for the rest of the year please

Russtutty63, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I don’t see anything wrong with Matamua at lock. Big body, a very nice pass, cool head. He is the Blore type guy who we burn and gets picked up elsewhere and turns out really good. His development has been atrocious by the club (doubtful it’s an attitude thing given he captain the junior sides coming through). Leave him in first grade for the rest of the year please

Agree completely, I thought there was some really good signs from a guy that’s only played a handful of NRL games.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I was completely underwhelmed by him in every other previous appearance in NRL or trials, probably prejudiced by hype but was pleasantly surprised by him on the weekend. He didnt stand out as a superstar but looked at home in first grade and at this stage that is a good sign and hope for the future.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

I was completely underwhelmed by him in every other previous appearance in NRL or trials, probably prejudiced by hype but was pleasantly surprised by him on the weekend. He didnt stand out as a superstar but looked at home in first grade and at this stage that is a good sign and hope for the future.

In fairness though, he only turned 21 yesterday.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tiger5150

In fairness though, he only turned 21 yesterday.

Great point. We (I) underestimate how long it takes for forwards to adapt to the  requirements of first grade. Not many forwards excel at 20yo and its probably testimony to Stefs talent that he has been able to perform at the level that he has for the last few years.

After last week Im more encouraged by Matamua and more looking forward to watching him establish himself in first grade.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

This is the long legacy of the pivot away from development to recruitment after the Moses/tedesco left. We had a huge generation gap and now our super young kids are being brought through too early. In a stable system this year would be the first time we hear about Matamua and he would have been training to perform a role in the squad that fits with the overall strategy. We just blood kids and then throw them away (historically)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Looking at the 2025 Contract List in the other thread, interesting that Sione Fainu is not on Contract for 2025. I hope he gets a good chance to prove his worth over the next few weeks. I think he can add value.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I am a little concerned about bula but happy to see what happens when luai arrives

In his last 2 games Bula has had 11 kick return metres. 3 against the dolphins and 8 against the cowboys. Luai can't fix that.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

In his last 2 games Bula has had 11 kick return metres. 3 against the dolphins and 8 against the cowboys. Luai can't fix that.

I think that his kick return metres in those games are a more of a factor of the opponents attacking kick and the opposing kick chase. If our preceding set of six and then defensive set is such that the opposition is kicking from 30m out with the opposition kick chase sweating on him as he takes the bomb and monstering him. Not really a stat reflecting Bula's effort or ability.

Bula's kick return metres would be "fixed" by a better set of six on our part such that we are kicking to a corner, with our kick chase on the kicker receiver and then making them kick from halfway/their own half and giving Bula some space to return the ball.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 i'm not saying his return metres, given the circumstances, should be over 100m. But 3m and 8m, regardless of the circumstances, is not good enough.

I don't like bagging out Bula, because I think he's extremely talented. But there are things that have crept into his game this year that are really concerning.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 Agree with you there.Good to contextualise those stats.He’s also been been rather heavily marked second year in.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 948 / 982
Share: