Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigertragic56

@lorenzo hmmm sounds like Canterbury are imitating Penrith without quite the same cattle (yet). Not surprising given the coach and players acquired

Penrith play more of that grinding game, very rarely put cricket scores on the opposition as they can go up and down gears based on who they are playing against, most times they do whats needed to get the win. At the moment dogs have to go full speed to overwhelm their opposition, that is not something you can maintain, this is where the quality of the panthers comes to the fore and thats the difference between Penrith and the dogs you have edwards, luai Yeo and cleary who have very high footy IQ and are naturally gifted players. Dogs have Crichton and Burton and i would not rate the two as high as the ones still at the panthers.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Pommy media starting to report that Nicholson will be leaving next year for the NRL.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/matty-nicholson-warrington-wolves-nrl-29224014

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

very very weak try 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lorenzo fully agree with your assessment, but bulldogs have the same never give up defensive push and normally don’t put big scores on most of the time, in this last game against St George I think their first 3 try’s (18 points) came from poor ref decisions in each.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

@barra i would argue that they are, Crichton is massive, Kiraz is probably bigger than Naden, same with JAC and Xerri is built like a brick outhouse and then you have burton who is a big guy...just the fullback is small. Throw in Kikau on an edge and you have the land of the giants.

[/quote

Outside the forwards yes

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Crichton coming to the Bulldogs has really lifted their intensity and confidence, I believe that Luai will have the same effect on the Tigers, he has shown in the last 2 games when given the responsibility of owning the team he has adjusted his game and really stepped up. You can also see he is a competitor and has a deep desire to win. I for one am happy we did what we needed to bring him on board for 25 and now we just need to get a couple of players around him that can help drive a new culture, Api is already there and I'm hoping Turuva is another to step up I think Bula has it in him yet is a bit reserved as he knows he has not proven himself consistently, Samuela has it in bucket loads.  if we can have a more solid back half of the season and jag a few wins it may help Bula and a few other potential regular first graders with their confidence .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

that would be a good backline for 2025

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I’m doubtful we get Talagi. Surely there is someone in the juniors who can make a start on the wing with speed, height and power

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

We are zero chance of getting Talagi. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I’m doubtful we get Talagi. Surely there is someone in the juniors who can make a start on the wing with speed, height and power

It would be good to see Solomone Saukuru get a run at centre or wing

115kg 186cm 20yo

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I am not convinced on Bula at all.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I share the concern about Bula but there is also the ingredients for an elite fullback in there, he just needs to learn more. The bigger concern is who is he going to learn that from? Thrown in the fire as an experienced 20yo. Its a complicated position at fullback and I dont see anyone at the club to terach him the intricacies of the position. For mine he actually injects himself into the attack too much. IMO a good fullback is either providing a decoy/distraction to pull the defence apart or injecting to stack numbers/hit a gap. At the moment Bula just jumps into standard situations and makes an extra man without actually engaging the defence (defenders can treat him as the centre basically) and the attack simply gets jammed against the sideline. He needs education. A 20yo doesnt just come through knowing how to do it.

Having said that, he is 21yo, second season. I think he needs a little time and some slack from our expectations. He is someone who will benefit from Luai I think.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

9. Api

7. Luai 

6. Galvin

5.Turuva

4. Olam

3. Talagi (signing)

2. TBA sign someone

1. Bula

I share the concern about Bula but there is also the ingredients for an elite fullback in there, he just needs to learn more. The bigger concern is who is he going to learn that from? Thrown in the fire as an experienced 20yo. Its a complicated position at fullback and I dont see anyone at the club to terach him the intricacies of the position. For mine he actually injects himself into the attack too much. IMO a good fullback is either providing a decoy/distraction to pull the defence apart or injecting to stack numbers/hit a gap. At the moment Bula just jumps into standard situations and makes an extra man without actually engaging the defence (defenders can treat him as the centre basically) and the attack simply gets jammed against the sideline. He needs education. A 20yo doesnt just come through knowing how to do it.

Having said that, he is 21yo, second season. I think he needs a little time and some slack from our expectations. He is someone who will benefit from Luai I think.

My concern with Bula is that he is lazy at times, returns the ball with not much urgency and has attack issues (which you pointed out). The last one, with the right training, can absolutely be rectified. But the first two are a mindset thing and not as easily rectified. Sometimes it looks like he doesn’t really want to be there. I came into this year thinking he’ll become an elite nrl fullback, and now I’m not convinced he’ll even make it as a fullback.

im happy to be proven wrong, and often am, but I think he’s been extremely disappointing this year and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Turuva challenge for his spot next year.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Most kids coming through don’t learn the spot in first grade. Bula is. As long as he is continuing to learn and develop I am fine keeping him there. We creat zero attack from our halves so his structure attack is highly telegraphed. I agree with the pod that I would like to see more opportunistic attack around the ruck from him given as a way to add some other attack points to his game. With time in the gym I think his frame could be a lot like turbo ie with power to scoot through a tired defence around the ruck

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Bula for mine is a keeper although he does appear to be “lost” at times. He seems badly out of position both in attack and defence and this is more noticeable this year than last.  Maybe it is a learning issue or he loses concentration at times, or simply suffering  from second year syndrome.

ReplyQuote
Page 947 / 972
Share: