Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Our backline is our biggest weakness. Cotric improves it without doubt.

i thought Staines yesterday was terrible. In particular his positional play.

I agree that the Ferrari was terrible, but I don’t think Nick is an upgrade imo.

lol maybe Staines goes back to panthers to replace Turavu. On the end of their backline he would look like a weapon

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Cotric was one of the best outside backs in the comp a few years back. Not sure what's driven his drop in fortune, but he can't be any worse than the current dross. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Cotric was one of the best outside backs in the comp a few years back. Not sure what's driven his drop in fortune, but he can't be any worse than the current dross. 

A mannequin would be more reliable and effective than that guy heading to the Dolphins.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21, Dirty Reds, Criz and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

He did have some leg injuries last year I think and they’re always difficult to get over quickly. 

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Ok now Josh Shuster is officially off the books with Manly. Surely he is worth a train and trial contract.

TGRZMN and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Ok now Josh Shuster is officially off the books with Manly. Surely he is worth a train and trial contract.

Does that arrangement he has with Manly preclude him from signing with someone else?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @helmesy

Does that arrangement he has with Manly preclude him from signing with someone else?

I assume it is just a fee for mutual termination of the contract. Would be hard to imagine that Shuster would sign an agreement that prohibits his ability to earn an income elsewhere

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Yes from me on minimum wage, but it genuinely sounds like he has bigger issues than even on the outside. Seems like another James Roberts type deal tbh.

Fit and motivated he would potential add to this club. He could be that "modern" lock that we wish for but I do genuinely thikn its a bridge to far.

On a somewhat separate note, Feleti Mataeo was way before his time and would be a great 13 in todays game. Wasnt he working with the Tigers recently?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

shuster has plenty of cash, what he needs now is a career. He seems the type of guy who needs a cuddle, not a kick up the backside to get the best out of him. The pressure of playing with huge expectations and a big contract didn’t sit well with him but we could do worse then to bring him over on minimum wage, put him in the system and see how he goes in cup and after a pre season. The guy has talent and 13 is a position we have no obvious pipeline of players in. It would see a no brainer. Would also help if we were able to move on Sullivan. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we can somehow move on Sullivan, Schuster would fit in nicely into our squad 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Well, we’re going to get bugger all out of Sullivan so it’s a low bar he’d have to pass 😂

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

That’s almost a like for like replacement. I’d prefer an upgrade but I doubt we’d find any takers for Sullivan without paying most of his contract for the next 3 years 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Replace one problem with another.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Both problematic players. We seem to have seen Buds ceiling though. Schuster I think is higher but he has lots of reasons why he hasn’t or may never reach it. We are stacked for halves so bud is literally surplus to requirements. We are not stacked in the back row

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Both problematic players. We seem to have seen Buds ceiling though. Schuster I think is higher but he has lots of reasons why he hasn’t or may never reach it. We are stacked for halves so bud is literally surplus to requirements. We are not stacked in the back row

I think Josh is the type of player we need to avoid.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 927 / 933
Share: