Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Schuster at lock could be awesome - but too big a risk imo.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Schuster is on 800k if manly chips in 400k to move him on, I think at 400k he is a good purchase

Where would he play? Doesn't have the work rate to play in the forwards, and not fit enough to play in the halves. 

I'm happy for him to be someone else's problem. Chipping in $400k for one year isn't nearly enough - he's signed until 2027 on that sort of wicket. 

play at 13 or second row

11  Papali

12. Schuster

13. Bateman 

you would get him this year for practically nothing manly seem desperate

throw in 2025 at say 400k 

pay full freight for 2026 and 2027

No thanks.

benji has bene a fan giving him a huge wrap on debut and he would add that x factor to our team

Benji didn’t want him here. 

he might now at the price

Nah

try and move Bud Sullivan on and pick up Schuster. 

No thank you

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Schuster is on 800k if manly chips in 400k to move him on, I think at 400k he is a good purchase

Where would he play? Doesn't have the work rate to play in the forwards, and not fit enough to play in the halves. 

I'm happy for him to be someone else's problem. Chipping in $400k for one year isn't nearly enough - he's signed until 2027 on that sort of wicket. 

play at 13 or second row

11  Papali

12. Schuster

13. Bateman 

you would get him this year for practically nothing manly seem desperate

throw in 2025 at say 400k 

pay full freight for 2026 and 2027

No thanks.

benji has bene a fan giving him a huge wrap on debut and he would add that x factor to our team

Benji didn’t want him here. 

he might now at the price

Nah

try and move Bud Sullivan on and pick up Schuster. 

Still nah

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

Agreed

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I actually think a change of scenery should be good for him. Would be a massive gamble, but one that could pay off. Really need to offload Bud though. 

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @loganr21

I actually think a change of scenery should be good for him. Would be a massive gamble, but one that could pay off. Really need to offload Bud though. 

I get the feeling some trades are about to be offered. 

Jedi Tiger and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I rate this guy, Ethan O'Neill. He has dominant for the Rabbitohs at Cup level last year. Good size, strong carry.

Not contracted at Top 30 level currently. Back from injury shortly I suspect.

We're extremely short of edge forwards.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/my-eye-was-on-fire-son-of-queensland-legend-suffers-facial-fracture-20240226-p5f7vk.html

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Think Schuster will find his way to the Dragons if Scott Fulton is about to join up as Recruitment Manager there.

https://www.zerotackle.com/scott-fulton-in-talks-with-nrl-club-over-new-job-208151/

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

bud/shuster swap anyone?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

bud/shuster swap anyone?

If the deal was in our favour financially I’d consider it. Sullivan is surplus to requirements.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

bud/shuster swap anyone?

absolutely yes 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Glad to see Im not the only lunatic here Jedi.....

Contrary to reports, he is NOT on $800K pa. This figure comes from when he was signed last year, for another 3 years for  $2.4M but that included the current year so its a 4 year deal not three, so he is on $ 625K pa. Still too much....but...

I would be kind of excited to get him on the following conditions.....

1. Manly throw in so we pay no more than $400K first year and his deal levels out to around $500K per year.

2. he commits to playing 13.

3. Benji and staff can get him fit and motivated and that he gets on with the Fainus.

4. He dedicates himself to improving defence (would come with better fitness)

A fit Schuster playing at 13 would do a lot for the Tigers.

a. Give us a very good ball playing forward, another pivot for Api/Galvin/Sezer/Luai.

b. Allow us to return Pole to the forward rotation and enable us to stop carrying a back/utility on the bench.

I can see a world where it work and if it was announced this afternoon he was coming Id be equally excited and scared. Bottom line is he is unlikely to be coming and it is equally unlikely that points 1, 2,3, 4 above would bemet anyway.

Sounds all very good but the only problem (there’s probably more than one) is the best 13s these days are great workers, their work ethic is greater than most forwards e.g. Yeo, Murray, Jake T, Carrigan. I think that’s the kind of player you have to look at. We have Matamua in State Cup & he has a terrific work rate at that level but he seems to be down the pecking order a little. He turns 21 next month so there’s still hope he can play a part. He’s playing a part tomorrow of course but I don’t expect much ball playing as he hasn’t been doing a lot in Cup, just working hard which is how Benji wants it at the moment it seems. Kit who is 19 might also develop into that role. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

When you look at the best 13s and see that they not only play that link role but also work their socks off then you ask yourself who at the Tigers might be able to do that? Justin Matamua is one, he’s been putting in big minutes in Cup & making his tackles, metres etc and he’s still only 20 (21 in May). But what about Lachlan Galvin? He is obviously a season or 2 away from being big enough to play the role but he has the motor, the skills & the work ethic by all reports. In my opinion he’d make a great 13 in a season or two but he obviously has plenty going for him right now as a 6.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I differ to most here in that I believe we don’t need an impact middle as we already have one in Fonua Pole. I also believe we have 2 of the best, if not the best, young props in the game in Stef & Samuela. So young those 3 and their best is well & truly in front of them. I can see Stef & Sam starting next year with Klem & Pole off the bench. Matamua would be my 13. Guys like Twal, Seyfarth, Sione & Jordan Miller will add depth. There’s also a group of 19 & 20 year olds who are improving & could get a run here & there. We are definitely a team to watch imo because we have so much improvement in us.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

I differ to most here in that I believe we don’t need an impact middle as we already have one in Fonua Pole. I also believe we have 2 of the best, if not the best, young props in the game in Stef & Samuela. So young those 3 and their best is well & truly in front of them. I can see Stef & Sam starting next year with Klem & Pole off the bench. Matamua would be my 13. Guys like Twal, Seyfarth, Sione & Jordan Miller will add depth. There’s also a group of 19 & 20 year olds who are improving & could get a run here & there. We are definitely a team to watch imo because we have so much improvement in us.

Pole has not shown that consistently though which is my concern.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 920 / 933
Share: