Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Lomax has that Noffa vibe. I think he can play but can be divisive.  I’d rather buy another prop.

Same, especially if we’re talking big dollars for him.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy Have a contact at the Eels  Lomax will be there next season playing fullback apparently paying him full freight …Gutho to the centres that’s the latest news remains to be seen . Not coming to the Tigers .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy Have a contact at the Eels  Lomax will be there next season playing fullback apparently paying him full freight …Gutho to the centres that’s the latest news remains to be seen . Not coming to the Tigers .

Good news. Lomax is not what we need right now.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I guess the other issue is we gave this gun 17yr old (Maekesani???) coming through at centre. Physically he looks like he could already play first grade. Very easy to see him in the first grade side next year (although he looks to be a left centre?)

"Masi" Makasini is definitely a terrific prospect and he'll debut next year or 2026. Would love to see him outside Luai and Galvin at some point in the near future. But he has plenty to learn so hope to see him training with NRL after this season and see what the staff do then. 

I think right now the club is best looking at extending Stef and Lachie Galvin. two of the Fainu boys are locked up for 4 years so I'd like to see Stef and Lachie the same. Having a core group of Luai, Jahream, Galvin, Api & Da Silva, Stef, Sam Fainu, Latu Fainu locked in for 4 years is a step in the right direction. Would add Makasini to that group too as I have a huge opinion of him. Plenty of youth there outside of Api, Jarome and Stef, who is still just 23, so would need to look at surrounding them with the best experienced players you can get. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

I guess the other issue is we gave this gun 17yr old (Maekesani???) coming through at centre. Physically he looks like he could already play first grade. Very easy to see him in the first grade side next year (although he looks to be a left centre?)

"Masi" Makasini is definitely a terrific prospect and he'll debut next year or 2026. Would love to see him outside Luai and Galvin at some point in the near future. But he has plenty to learn so hope to see him training with NRL after this season and see what the staff do then. 

I think right now the club is best looking at extending Stef and Lachie Galvin. two of the Fainu boys are locked up for 4 years so I'd like to see Stef and Lachie the same. Having a core group of Luai, Jahream, Galvin, Api & Da Silva, Stef, Sam Fainu, Latu Fainu locked in for 4 years is a step in the right direction. Would add Makasini to that group too as I have a huge opinion of him. Plenty of youth there outside of Api, Jarome and Stef, who is still just 23, so would need to look at surrounding them with the best experienced players you can get. 

Here's a question, what kind of money and years would you think would be reasonable when looking at extending Stef and Lachie? I'd want to make sure both are here at this club for at least another 3 years after this so I'd try to offer contract extensions up to and including 2027. Maybe around $700,000 a season for Stef (because he's about to enter his prime and he is one of the best young props coming off contract) and maybe upgrade Lachie to about $500,000 next 2 seasons and $800,000 in 2027 because I want to make absolutely sure he stays for those years right now. With those upgrades for Lachie it would bring the Wests Tigers spine in line with most of the better clubs' spines at about that $3 million dollar mark. Bula, Galvin, Luai and Api/Da Silva until 2027 is pretty good I reckon. 

Oh, just a footnote, I've seen quite a bit of young Ashton Large playing at 9 for Wests Matts this year. He's playing up a year, still only 16, but he is a player. Da Silva will be very good no doubt in my mind but keep an eye on Ashton next 2 years. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Here's a question, what kind of money and years would you think would be reasonable when looking at extending Stef and Lachie? I'd want to make sure both are here at this club for at least another 3 years after this so I'd try to offer contract extensions up to and including 2027. Maybe around $700,000 a season for Stef (because he's about to enter his prime and he is one of the best young props coming off contract) and maybe upgrade Lachie to about $500,000 next 2 seasons and $800,000 in 2027 because I want to make absolutely sure he stays for those years right now. With those upgrades for Lachie it would bring the Wests Tigers spine in line with most of the better clubs' spines at about that $3 million dollar mark. Bula, Galvin, Luai and Api/Da Silva until 2027 is pretty good I reckon. 

Oh, just a footnote, I've seen quite a bit of young Ashton Large playing at 9 for Wests Matts this year. He's playing up a year, still only 16, but he is a player. Da Silva will be very good no doubt in my mind but keep an eye on Ashton next 2 years. 

Forgot to add Fonua Pole to that core group.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Would anyone take latrell to play centre? Maybe Benji could do his magic.🪄 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I doubt it although centre is probably his best position but he’s 27 this year and as he nears the end of his career you just couldn’t be sure what you’d get. Might go great, might not. Too much risk. 

Lomax has played 98 games & turns 25 in September, his best 4 or 5 years are in front of him imo so I think he’d be a better choice at the moment. Turuva is only 22 this year and has played only 34 games, would cost less & has no baggage. Mind you, if you’re going to play him on the wing you still might have to pay decent coin but I could see why a club like ours might do that. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I doubt it although centre is probably his best position but he’s 27 this year and as he nears the end of his career you just couldn’t be sure what you’d get. Might go great, might not. Too much risk. 

Lomax has played 98 games & turns 25 in September, his best 4 or 5 years are in front of him imo so I think he’d be a better choice at the moment. Turuva is only 22 this year and has played only 34 games, would cost less & has no baggage. Mind you, if you’re going to play him on the wing you still might have to pay decent coin but I could see why a club like ours might do that. 

As much as I’d like to see Turuva at the Tigers I do think we can develop our own, someone like Luke Laulilii. As much as I like Luke at fullback I do think he could turn out a handy winger in similar fashion to Turuva. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Yea on talent but no on the rest of the package.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Thinking about it I’m not sure if our club could pay big money for an outside back right now although it does depend on cap space left after a few players leave at the end of this year. But if they want to ensure Makasini is part of their future they’ll have competition. And if you look at the Sua’ali’i situation at the same age it was not all that different to Makasini & Sua’ali’i received big offers then. I’d therefore be surprised if the club could go out and buy an outside back for more than $500,000. Of course, this is just guess work on my part. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

yes, best centre in the game when right 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Yes, however I get the felling that Latrells heart is not in it anymore, looks like he needs a year away from the city/NRL on his farm to decide whether he still has the love for the game. if he does than would love to have him at WT. Has had an ordinary run with injuries and suspensions over last few years so I sort of understand his current woes.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Schuster is on 800k if manly chips in 400k to move him on, I think at 400k he is a good purchase

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Schuster is on 800k if manly chips in 400k to move him on, I think at 400k he is a good purchase

Where would he play? Doesn't have the work rate to play in the forwards, and not fit enough to play in the halves. 

I'm happy for him to be someone else's problem. Chipping in $400k for one year isn't nearly enough - he's signed until 2027 on that sort of wicket. 

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 918 / 933
Share: