Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@wollongongtiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lorenzo Douhei off contract and Nofa gone surely there is some cap space left. Even more so if Stef decides to leave

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @wollongongtiger

@lorenzo Douhei off contract and Nofa gone surely there is some cap space left. Even more so if Stef decides to leave

Douhei is on about 600k

Nofo 450k

not sure what stef is on if he leaves

plenty of cap space

ReplyQuote
(@wollongongtiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Douhei is on about 600k

Nofo 450k

plenty of cap space

Additionally isn't Staines, seyfarth, tumeth all in their last year of their contracts. I'd assume that leaves sufficient money to go after the May brothers 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Solomon Alaimolo, Simpkin, douhie, kepaoa, Sione Fainu, Matamua, sezer, tupou look to be off contract at the end of 2024

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The other concern is we have Faagutu, saukuru, Feledy, luallilii, sukkar, miller, in our top 30 next. How many of these are genuine NRL potential next year? How many should be development players?

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Remember - The Tigers can talk to any player regardless of contract status, just cant Formally Table an offer. (try policing this)

I trust that the new regime is not resting and is playing the game in light of Jerome L  joining in 2025

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Solomon Alaimolo, Simpkin, douhie, kepaoa, Sione Fainu, Matamua, sezer, tupou look to be off contract at the end of 2024

my hope is we can keep the likes of Onitoni Large and Makasini I think both will be continued rugby union targets as well as other clubs having a crack. 

To me Douhie is the first bloke out the door on 600k at that wage

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Some player's we should be looking at for this season or next year. Some are on the cusp of making Nrl, others are looking for an opportunity that we should be looking at.

Trey Mooney, James Schiller, Kayal Iro, Preston Riki, Jazz Tevaga, Billy Burns, Matt Croker, Peter Hola and Sami Valemel. Egan Butcher is playing NSW Cup at moment, surely we can have a quiet word to Manager. 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Douhei is on about 600k

Nofo 450k

plenty of cap space

Additionally isn't Staines, seyfarth, tumeth all in their last year of their contracts. I'd assume that leaves sufficient money to go after the May brothers 

I hope we do have the room to bring in a few guns. Salary cap management is a dark art as there is front ending and back ending of contracts, so it makes it difficult to predict what the impact is when someone leaves. The only player that would be carrying some value would be Douehi, the rest, Sezer included, would probably be on the lower end. Unless Klemmer wakes up and rediscovers a bit of mongrel he has to go as well, however we would need to carry part of his contract. I also hope that Douehi realizes the horse has bolted on any chance he can be a half, if he focusses on playing centre, there may be a future for him at the club...on less $$.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger I had a short chat with Shannon Gallant and he seems pretty confident of Masi staying but until you actually see it done it's always a worry. There's quite a few of those Matts boys who are looking good. The young bloke who has come in for Onitoni at 6 looks very good as well. I think he's only 16, as is Ashton Large who looks a real footballer. The props are both very good as are a couple of others.

In regards to AD, if he was to stay on at the Tigers next season it'd be for much less so there'd be more cap to play with. I don't know what Lachie would be getting right now but must be some thought of an extension and upgrade soon, maybe in the off season. 

Barra, Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

What are people's thoughts if David Fifita was to come on the market would he be worth a look, I know price is the issue but we fo have Douhie's 600k sitting there for 2025 if we don't sign him ?

could we run with a backrow of 

11. Fifita

12. Papali

13. Bateman 

Pole off the bench 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

perhaps we go after Blaize Talagi from Parramatta to play centre he knows Galvin's game , especially if Eels sign lomax 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

What are people's thoughts if David Fifita was to come on the market would he be worth a look, I know price is the issue but we fo have Douhie's 600k sitting there for 2025 if we don't sign him ?

11. Fifita

12. Papali

13. Bateman 

Pole off the bench 

Injuries have been an issue with him, on his day he is up there in the top 3 forwards in the game, however if i could pick any player from the Titans and most other clubs it would be Tino...he would make us a top 4 team.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @lorenzo

11. Fifita

12. Papali

13. Bateman 

Pole off the bench 

Injuries have been an issue with him, on his day he is up there in the top 3 forwards in the game, however if i could pick any player from the Titans and most other clubs it would be Tino...he would make us a top 4 team.

I like tino but tiny doesn't have a get out clause fifita does that's the reason I mentioned him.

Blaize Tulagi at centre would do us if we couldnt get lomax (kind of think we might get lomax), tulagi has history with Galvin and latu fainu 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lorenzo

11. Fifita

12. Papali

13. Bateman 

Pole off the bench 

I like tino but tiny doesn't have a get out clause fifita does that's the reason I mentioned him.

Blaize Tulagi at centre would do us if we couldnt get lomax (kind of think we might get lomax), tulagi has history with Galvin and latu fainu 

just wishful thinking on my part

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 915 / 933
Share: