Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard a rumour not wests tigers related but Josh Schuster to Dragons 

we dodged a bullet there 

Yep, talented player that I doubt will reach his potential.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard a rumour not wests tigers related but Josh Schuster to Dragons 

we dodged a bullet there 

Yep, talented player that I doubt will reach his potential.

agree mate 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So glad we didn't get Schuster. It would be a classic Tigers signing in "hoping the coach can get the best out of him". 

According to the Mole, the Eels are looking to sign Wayne Bennett as a coaching director. I am really hoping that we are having the same conversation. It would be brilliant for Benji and the club. Just as sweet to get one over the Eels.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @canberratiger

So glad we didn't get Schuster. It would be a classic Tigers signing in "hoping the coach can get the best out of him". 

According to the Mole, the Eels are looking to sign Wayne Bennett as a coaching director. I am really hoping that we are having the same conversation. It would be brilliant for Benji and the club. Just as sweet to get one over the Eels.

Well documented "bromance" between Wayne and Benji, I would like to see how we travel in the first half of the year before I made a move like bringing Wayne in. Some big personalities already at the club including Benji, Richo & O'farrell another bull in that pen might disrupt things and not in a good way. Having said that, if he was intent on locking himself in to a gig for next year you would have to have a crack at getting him. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Richo would have hired Bennet to come to the Rabbits?

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy Id rather Schuster than Luciano who the Dragons are going to pay $820k a season!!! Is this a case of the Dragons having to spend the cap on something?????

Le Frog

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-frog

@helmesy Id rather Schuster than Luciano who the Dragons are going to pay $820k a season!!! Is this a case of the Dragons having to spend the cap on something?????

Le Frog

This was from an article I was just reading on nine news. Surely not getting paid that much???

"The Herald reports the deal is worth an estimated $3.7 million across three seasons, putting him among the club's highest-paid players."

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Im going to zig, while others zag. On the right money, I'd take Schuster if he once and for all forgot about playing in the halves and committed to 13.

We are all (wildly generalising) bemoaning our lack of a ball playing 13, whilst scoffing at a very talented ballplayer who is too big to play in halves.

Would be risky and Im unsure he would put the work in that is required to make it at 13, but would give us a genuine ball playing threat at 13 and would free up our other options to concentrate on the middle and/or wider.

Not going to happen but its not beyond consideration.

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

@tiger5150 I always enjoy reading your analysis of a situation. It is often different to other viewpoints but always supported by logic and strong arguments. Thanks.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Posted by: @the-frog

Le Frog

This was from an article I was just reading on nine news. Surely not getting paid that much???

"The Herald reports the deal is worth an estimated $3.7 million across three seasons, putting him among the club's highest-paid players."

If this is true then he should be renamed "Lucky Luciano" just like the American gangster of the early to mid 1900s. 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Would be risky and Im unsure he would put the work in that is required to make it at 13

That's why I'm wary of him. He definitely has the talent (and the size!) to play 13, and be one of the better ones around. But I just don't think he has the mentality to do the hard work that the position requires. The best 13s play massive mins defending in the middle of the field, and i think he's miles away from wanting to do that. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/behind-the-roar/id1673192845?i=1000645646283

this guy is super likeable. Love that he has a bit of personality and that at 23 he has had to work hard to earn his top30 contract.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Zac Lomax anyone?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Lorenzo and TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

I have always rated Lomax, I think he has the potential to be a representative player and one of the best centers in the game....$800k is overs though based on where he is at today, he has the potential to be worth every cent of that and more however the attitude might be a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Lomax and Bateman on the right, olam and Papi on the left would be sweet. Need some young athletic wingers and we are sorted

ReplyQuote
Page 912 / 933
Share: