My gut feel as well Jedi

hope we are right 

This week is the week.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Big News, just got back from my clairvoyant, who gtees me that Luai is a done deal. Clair is never wrong.

Wise and Wonderful Frog

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tiger5150

My prediction is Luai signs Friday with tigers 

My gut feel as well Jedi

hope we are right 

This week is the week.

if we miss out on Luai I will be devastated for the club 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

My gut feel as well Jedi

hope we are right 

This week is the week.

I actually think we will be ok. I see us developing a decent halves pairing out of FAinu/sullivan/Galvin over the medium term, but it would be embarrassing again after the media hype

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Panthers clear the way for Luai to take up lucrative Tigers deal

By Dan Walsh - January 2, 2024 — 7.54pm​

Penrith have waived the NRL’s new 10-day cooling-off period on Jarome Luai’s future, clearing the way for him to confirm his move to Wests Tigers on a lucrative $6 million, five-year deal

Luai is due to return to Penrith training this week having told teammates on December 16 that 2024 would be his last season at the club and he would be linking with the Tigers from 2025, as first revealed by this masthead.

Panthers' strong stance on Luai release

Jarome Luai is unlikely to get an early release from the Panthers.

Given a contract had not been signed at that point and the Tigers deal was still being finalised, Canterbury remained an outside chance to lure the 26-year-old with their own five-year offer.

The NRL’s new contracting rules allow a player’s incumbent club 10 days’ grace once they signal an intention to sign with a rival outfit, giving Penrith in this instance a chance to counter and try to retain Luai.

But with Penrith long conceding their own three-year extension worth around $2.5 million could not compete with rival offers, the club has been prepared to waive the cooling-off period.

His move to Concord in 2025 will make him the face of the joint-venture and a likely No.7 for rookie coach Benji Marshall, who personally led the club’s pursuit of Luai before ex-CEO Justin Pascoe and his successor Shane Richardson steered negotiations.

Panthers players formed a huddle for Jarome Luai at training when he informed them of his decision to leave.

Panthers players formed a huddle for Jarome Luai at training when he informed them of his decision to leave.

Luai’s expected signing is a coup for Marshall and the beleaguered club after back-to-back wooden spoons and the front-office upheaval that saw Pascoe, chairman Lee Hagipantelis and the Tigers board dismissed before Christmas.

Wests Tigers officials were unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

Luai’s continued rehab from shoulder surgery will still limit his training capabilities when he returns from a fortnight-long break this week.

But officials expect the five-eighth to return to Panthers HQ on Thursday after he skipped training during the last week before Christmas, unhappy at the way news of his decision had emerged.

Penrith CEO Brian Fletcher dismissed any suggestion of Luai seeking, or being granted, an early release for 2024.

“We’re very happy for [Luai], he’s secured a massive contract and a long-term contract which is good, so he’s got the blessing of the club,” Fletcher said late last month.

“We haven’t released any players before, and under no circumstances will Jarome be going anywhere for 2024. After that, we just wish him and his family all the best.”

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Panthers clear the way for Luai to take up lucrative Tigers deal

By Dan Walsh - January 2, 2024 — 7.54pm​

Penrith have waived the NRL’s new 10-day cooling-off period on Jarome Luai’s future, clearing the way for him to confirm his move to Wests Tigers on a lucrative $6 million, five-year deal

Luai is due to return to Penrith training this week having told teammates on December 16 that 2024 would be his last season at the club and he would be linking with the Tigers from 2025, as first revealed by this masthead.

Jarome Luai is unlikely to get an early release from the Panthers.

Given a contract had not been signed at that point and the Tigers deal was still being finalised, Canterbury remained an outside chance to lure the 26-year-old with their own five-year offer.

The NRL’s new contracting rules allow a player’s incumbent club 10 days’ grace once they signal an intention to sign with a rival outfit, giving Penrith in this instance a chance to counter and try to retain Luai.

But with Penrith long conceding their own three-year extension worth around $2.5 million could not compete with rival offers, the club has been prepared to waive the cooling-off period.

His move to Concord in 2025 will make him the face of the joint-venture and a likely No.7 for rookie coach Benji Marshall, who personally led the club’s pursuit of Luai before ex-CEO Justin Pascoe and his successor Shane Richardson steered negotiations.

Luai’s expected signing is a coup for Marshall and the beleaguered club after back-to-back wooden spoons and the front-office upheaval that saw Pascoe, chairman Lee Hagipantelis and the Tigers board dismissed before Christmas.

Wests Tigers officials were unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

Luai’s continued rehab from shoulder surgery will still limit his training capabilities when he returns from a fortnight-long break this week.

But officials expect the five-eighth to return to Panthers HQ on Thursday after he skipped training during the last week before Christmas, unhappy at the way news of his decision had emerged.

Penrith CEO Brian Fletcher dismissed any suggestion of Luai seeking, or being granted, an early release for 2024.

“We’re very happy for [Luai], he’s secured a massive contract and a long-term contract which is good, so he’s got the blessing of the club,” Fletcher said late last month.

“We haven’t released any players before, and under no circumstances will Jarome be going anywhere for 2024. After that, we just wish him and his family all the best.”

Nothing new int he article really but i'd suggest perhaps the SMH know that wheels are in motion and want to claim some reflected shine.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

My gut feel as well Jedi

hope we are right 

This week is the week.

I actually think we will be ok. I see us developing a decent halves pairing out of FAinu/sullivan/Galvin over the medium term, but it would be embarrassing again after the media hype

don't know if we will keep Galvin ling term, he will get good deals to play elsewhere in his preferred position of 6 when his tines comes and a player manager who knows how to make things happen. 

long term if luai comes in 2025 I can't see a spot for Sullivan and we will haven500k in reserve grade, if fainu kicks on as a 6 then clearly luai and fainu are the pairing. 

only positive is halves are as rare as rocking horse poo and we would easily be able to offload Sullivan's contract for 2026 and beyond if need be. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

only positive is halves are as rare as rocking horse poo and we would easily be able to offload Sullivan's contract for 2026 and beyond if need be. 

For that reason I would be extending our young halves for a long as possible. 

They either prove themselves in a competitive environment, and in doing so push our team into the top 4

Or they are getting blocked by another of our halves that's killing it, and so request a release when ready. 

We then use them as leverage for a player swap in a position we need

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @frullens

For that reason I would be extending our young halves for a long as possible. 

They either prove themselves in a competitive environment, and in doing so push our team into the top 4

Or they are getting blocked by another of our halves that's killing it, and so request a release when ready. 

We then use them as leverage for a player swap in a position we need

isn’t this exactly what we have done?

we have a couple of the most promising 19y olds in the country and we have 22yr old who has showed promise (and needs to deliver) and about to sign a 3 time premiership half. It’s a pretty amazing result for 2 time spooner club

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

11am

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

11am

Go you good thing 🙂 

this will be huge signing for the club, he has the makings of a very good dynamic 7 and we have a very good 9 and 1 around him 

good times ahead for the tiges 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

https://twitter.com/MichaelChammas/status/1742320318927319165?t=NU7AcZeYbewjCqR5Ol3LZA&s=19

If (when?) this happens Ill be very unconditionally happy.......but I really hope that the club has a chance to issue a press release prior to Luai's press conference. How many players announce their own signings?

Im off to smash the send/receive button on my email

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Welcome to the Club Jarome. That’s my cue to renew my membership. More great news for our club. 🐅😃👍

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 895 / 937
Share: