Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

2 year deal for Charlie Staines - official

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Peter Peter's was right on Sunday when he said Staines was signed... 

Perhaps not so irrelevant when it comes to Tigers info after all.... 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

DT reporting Bradman Best staying in Newcastle.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @dirty-reds

@garry 

Reilly and BWM released, so that frees up two spots in the top 30. I imagine Staines will be taking one of those immediately given that he's been at training this week. 

Still a fair bit of deadweight in that top 30 that really shouldn't be near FG.

BWM not a first grade option but this still leaves us short for edge back rowers doesnt it? Blore has not returned to training which means he is packing up to move to Melbourne most likely?

If Papalii or Bateman go down then as it stands we are looking at:

- Samuela Fainu?

- Tumeth?

- Seyfarth?

Depending on how they all go in pre-season, I suspect it'll be Fainu and Kepaoa as the first cabs off the rank (assuming Blore goes). 

I don't think we lose anything with those two leaving tbh. Both were always bizarre usage of top 30 spots. 

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@garry 

Reilly and BWM released, so that frees up two spots in the top 30. I imagine Staines will be taking one of those immediately given that he's been at training this week. 

Still a fair bit of deadweight in that top 30 that really shouldn't be near FG.

BWM not a first grade option but this still leaves us short for edge back rowers doesnt it? Blore has not returned to training which means he is packing up to move to Melbourne most likely?

If Papalii or Bateman go down then as it stands we are looking at:

- Samuela Fainu?

- Tumeth?

- Seyfarth?

Depending on how they all go in pre-season, I suspect it'll be Fainu and Kepaoa as the first cabs off the rank (assuming Blore goes). 

I don't think we lose anything with those two leaving tbh. Both were always bizarre usage of top 30 spots. 

You’d think Simpkin would be on the list too with Api and DaSilva in the ranks.

MickeyB, Tiger_Alex and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yep agree, that one appears a no brainer for all parties. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Is everyone so sure that Fulton is leaking information to Zorba, who then goes and blabs it on public radio?

Isn't that a bit too obvious? If true, it gets back very quickly and surely Fulton gets given his marching orders. I don't care about the strategy or hierarchy, if there is a very obvious leak to an anti-club pundit, you cut that person loose.

Mike, MickeyB, Tiger Symmetry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Is everyone so sure that Fulton is leaking information to Zorba, who then goes and blabs it on public radio?

Isn't that a bit too obvious? If true, it gets back very quickly and surely Fulton gets given his marching orders. I don't care about the strategy or hierarchy, if there is a very obvious leak to an anti-club pundit, you cut that person loose.

Seems like a quick way to get fired for sure.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Considering Zobra’s close relationship with Fulton if someone was setting him up Zobra would throw them under the bus straight away. It doesn’t make sense for it to be anyone else. 

agree it’s an immediate termination 

Mike, MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

2 year deal for Charlie Staines - official

Great news Charlie staying. hope he gets a good preseason and injury free season. I think he will have a good one

Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yes it is obvious which is what makes is so bizarre. Zorba is his godfather I should add.

Im not convinced that the club is going to punt Fulton even if he does leak to Zorba. I say that because he has delivered some good signings so far and Olakauatu has not yet re-signed with Manly. My point being Fulton has a pretty serious bargaining chips given his connection to Haumole and other Tartak clients. Haumole is super close with the Fainu's so its logical to think he'd at least consider playing for WT.

Also, if we sack Fulton then what happens to the Tartak players we have signed?

The other thing to consider is the fact that Lee H and Pascoe signed Fulton so they might be making themselves look pretty stupid if they turn around and punt him 6 months later?

This post was modified 5 months ago 4 times by MickeyB

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The other thing to consider is the fact that Lee H and Pascoe signed Fulton so they might be making themselves look pretty stupid if they turn around and punt him 6 months later?

That doesn't usually stop them.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

That doesn't usually stop them.

That was a gimme 🤪🤣

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Board has apparently approved a $4 million dollar deal for Luai.

Reports say Luai wants out of Penrith and we’re in the box seat.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Board has apparently approved a $4 million dollar deal for Luai.

Reports say Luai wants out of Penrith and we’re in the box seat.

If the board’s approved it then it must be a good signing. Those guys really know what they’re doing.

Tiger5150, Mike, Garry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 867 / 933
Share: