[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mike

Would rather Ezra Mam, a half that is going somewhere, than Olam, who is a centre going backwards. Yes I know we need a centre but trading anyone for Olam is a bad deal. 

no chance of Ezra unfortunately 

As for Luai he has won his comps, a mercenary potentially now. As previously said we were prepared to throw the same cash as Moses, Luai if he wants to stay in Sydney I think we are a big chance can't see a club being able to offer more.

If he doesn't come here can easily see him being the face of the PNG team when they get admitted into the nrl based in Townsville. 

Olam scares me but still better than what we have and if it means trading blore fir a year in a position we have depth it is an ok deal for a year

IMO Dragons are in deep trouble and will throw the cheque book at Luai. Still think Luai stays at Penrith.

saints have Kyle to partner hunt that will do them you would think. 

I can't see Luai staying at Penrith he will leave too much cash on the table. 

if he doesn't head to us I reckon he becomes the face of the PNG nrl franchise

Saints will go hard after Luai

saints won't be able to match our cheque book unless hunt leaves I cant see a replacement. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger Hunt doesn’t want to be there and having Kyle as his halves partner isn’t going to help him to feel more positive about the place.

hunt needs a qld team to come up with a deal so he can leave then. I don't think saints will release hunt under any circumstances for 2024 now they don't have Amone.

Wooden spooners in 2024 the dragons 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger Hunt doesn’t want to be there and having Kyle as his halves partner isn’t going to help him to feel more positive about the place.

hunt needs a qld team to come up with a deal so he can leave then. I don't think saints will release hunt under any circumstances for 2024 now they don't have Amone.

Wooden spooners in 2024 the dragons 

I don’t think they will release him but they will be looking to make changes. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

Jerome Luai apparently a tigers target at a million +

If this news is true I’m so happy I’m getting off this train right now. At post 1111 I’m officially OUT guys. Been a tigers supporter since 1984, yup next year would have been 40 years. The last 3 or 4 have been absolutely horrific and I’m calling it quits on this absolute shambles of a rugby league team. 
Good luck to you all !! Cause I think you’re gonna need it. 
Logan_R21 or Tony as my real name is OUT!!!!!

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @loganr21

If this news is true I’m so happy I’m getting off this train right now. At post 1111 I’m officially OUT guys. Been a tigers supporter since 1984, yup next year would have been 40 years. The last 3 or 4 have been absolutely horrific and I’m calling it quits on this absolute shambles of a rugby league team. 

Good luck with your future endeavours it’s unlikely they will let you down as much as the tigers…..

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Seems a strange straw that breaks the camels back. Unlikely he comes here, even if its true we have targetted him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 I don't want Luai at all but the time to lose all faith was the three re-signings last week. That showed very clearly that there isn't a single intelligent thought occurring in the organisation.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 I don't want Luai at all but the time to lose all faith was the three re-signings last week. That showed very clearly that there isn't a single intelligent thought occurring in the organisation.

Twal I could cop but not Twal & Seyfarth. We should be aiming for Twal to be the weakest of our middle rotation.

MickeyB and GroveTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 what also grinds my gears about Seyfarth getting another contract is that it was a 2 year contract. Players at the lower end of your top 30 with 50+ games experience should only ever be offered 1 year deals.

To have 9 players who can play prop in a 30 man squad is simply ridiculous

Twal

Klemmer

Pole

Stefano

Blore

Miller

Matamua

Sione Fainu

Sam Fainu

Seyarth actually makes 10

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I predict that Nofoaluma leaves WT in the first week of November after we pay him the long serving player allowance for the 2024 season

New contract year commences 1 November.

By doing this we pay some of Noffa's freight to play elsewhere but it does not impact our cap.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mickb

I predict that Nofoaluma leaves WT in the first week of November after we pay him the long serving player allowance for the 2024 season

New contract year commences 1 November.

By doing this we pay some of Noffa's freight to play elsewhere but it does not impact our cap.

I think the only way Nofa goes is if we pay his entire salary. Even then he just takes up a top 30 spot. 

Also, pretty sure the long serving player allowance is spread across all long serving players (Api, Klemmer, Nofa).

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I was against signing JAC but I now realise we have absolutely no chance of getting anyone better. A wing pairing of Staines (who should have been re-signed before To'a) and JAC is a huge step up on last year. For the centre's, Tupou and i'd go for Moses Suli. Yes he was a lazy bugger but the guy can play, and could suit Benji's style.

This is all dependent on moving people on though.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I was against signing JAC but I now realise we have absolutely no chance of getting anyone better. A wing pairing of Staines (who should have been re-signed before To'a) and JAC is a huge step up on last year. For the centre's, Tupou and i'd go for Moses Suli. Yes he was a lazy bugger but the guy can play, and could suit Benji's style.

Hard to know what’s going on. I’ve been off the internet for 5 days and it seems nothing is proceeding or progressing on the signings front. We’re at 30, means our only hope is trades now, and I reckon these are harder to complete. Shame about Staines when we have two or three others you’d happily get rid of to keep him.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Hard to know what’s going on. I’ve been off the internet for 5 days and it seems nothing is proceeding or progressing on the signings front. We’re at 30, means our only hope is trades now, and I reckon these are harder to complete. Shame about Staines when we have two or three others you’d happily get rid of to keep him.

Add my name to the list of fans who wants Staines re-signed and is confused as to why he hasnt been or for that matter signed elsewhere. I wonder whether there may be more to that injury than we know and everyone is taking a "wait and see" approach to his recovery? I would have thought he would have a Contract for next year by now.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Don’t leave us over Luai!! Not going to happen anyway 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 856 / 942
Share: