Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We shouldn't be spending any big $$ on any #6s (other than a stop gap perhaps) as we've got loads of them in the system. 

Don't see any value in $1m+ for Luai as a 7, so don't think we should be going anywhere near him. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think Luai would obviously be better than anyone we have, Im dont really know his $$$ value, but I am most concerned that he is so entwined in the Penrith system, so tight with his 2770 brothers that on an emotional basis I dont think he could be happy and operate well out of that system. I think to an extent that was the deal with Laurie.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I can’t see Luai being successful here. And I don’t think he’s a culture changer. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @helmesy

Jerome Luai apparently a tigers target at a million +

we were going to pay Moses 1.3 million, Luai is worth it at either 6 or 7

He's not worth anything near that for us. Our pack are plodders and our backs are hopeless. 

Luai and Fainu in the halves with bula and Api is pretty decent spine

1. Bula

6. Fainu

7. Luai 

9. Api 

That is a top 8 spine

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger The rest of the team is still wooden spoon though. We really needed to upgrade our backs and get some impact in the forwards. The re-signings last week were incredibly stupid.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

He's not worth anything near that for us. Our pack are plodders and our backs are hopeless. 

1. Bula

6. Fainu

7. Luai 

9. Api 

That is a top 8 spine

putting a lot of faith in a guy yet to play 1 game of NRL

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jedi-tiger The rest of the team is still wooden spoon though. We really needed to upgrade our backs and get some impact in the forwards. The re-signings last week were incredibly stupid.

centres are a problem, I am not an Olam fan but think he is slightly better than what we have so probably would trade blore for him maybe Galvin for centres ? 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Would rather Ezra Mam, a half that is going somewhere, than Olam, who is a centre going backwards. Yes I know we need a centre but trading anyone for Olam is a bad deal. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I just can’t see us going for luai. He was already off contract effectively when we signed Sullivan and Fainu to long deals so presumably we were already discounting him as an option. We must have a lot of cap space so I am ok with idea of an elite centre and JAC. Roster spots are an issue

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

Would rather Ezra Mam, a half that is going somewhere, than Olam, who is a centre going backwards. Yes I know we need a centre but trading anyone for Olam is a bad deal. 

no chance of Ezra unfortunately 

As for Luai he has won his comps, a mercenary potentially now. As previously said we were prepared to throw the same cash as Moses, Luai if he wants to stay in Sydney I think we are a big chance can't see a club being able to offer more.

If he doesn't come here can easily see him being the face of the PNG team when they get admitted into the nrl based in Townsville. 

Olam scares me but still better than what we have and if it means trading blore fir a year in a position we have depth it is an ok deal for a year

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigersteve

1. Bula

6. Fainu

7. Luai 

9. Api 

That is a top 8 spine

putting a lot of faith in a guy yet to play 1 game of NRL

for sure, I think Fainu is one Signing we have probably got right, 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

As for Luai he has won his comps, a mercenary potentially now. As previously said we were prepared to throw the same cash as Moses, Luai if he wants to stay in Sydney I think we are a big chance can't see a club being able to offer more.

If he doesn't come here can easily see him being the face of the PNG team when they get admitted into the nrl based in Townsville. 

Olam scares me but still better than what we have and if it means trading blore fir a year in a position we have depth it is an ok deal for a year

IMO Dragons are in deep trouble and will throw the cheque book at Luai. Still think Luai stays at Penrith.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

IMO Dragons are in deep trouble and will throw the cheque book at Luai. Still think Luai stays at Penrith.

saints have Kyle to partner hunt that will do them you would think. 

I can't see Luai staying at Penrith he will leave too much cash on the table. 

if he doesn't head to us I reckon he becomes the face of the PNG nrl franchise

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

saints have Kyle to partner hunt that will do them you would think. 

I can't see Luai staying at Penrith he will leave too much cash on the table. 

if he doesn't head to us I reckon he becomes the face of the PNG nrl franchise

Saints will go hard after Luai

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger Hunt doesn’t want to be there and having Kyle as his halves partner isn’t going to help him to feel more positive about the place.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 855 / 937
Share: