Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry Obviously Benji has not got the pulling power he thought .

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@garry agree it would be ridiculous but typical Wests Tigers

blore will make a big impact next year wherever he plays. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Blore is great, I love the bloke, but centre is one position we have virtually zero depth. Naden is a front foot player, Feledy is a kid, kepaoa is a utility, tupou has potential but hasn’t played much centre, nothing in the immediate future for the juniors coming through. We have massive depth in back row. It’s a deal you do to attempt to balance the squad and Blore will be great but we have 2x rep 2RF and better prospects at lock. I do the trade.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Blore is great, I love the bloke, but centre is one position we have virtually zero depth. Naden is a front foot player, Feledy is a kid, kepaoa is a utility, tupou has potential but hasn’t played much centre, nothing in the immediate future for the juniors coming through. We have massive depth in back row. It’s a deal you do to attempt to balance the squad and Blore will be great but we have 2x rep 2RF and better prospects at lock. I do the trade.

Olam is done and is sitting on a contract until the end of 2026

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

how much are Melbourne paying? 

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Aaron Payne former cowboy and Townsville coach will be joining the club as nsw cup coach while also assisting with NRL(as nsw cup coaches generally do).

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mickb I think the forgotten fainu is better than blore  already , and with Sione in the squad now , along with Miller , with Kit  And Faagatu waiting in the wings as development players , unfortunately for Blore it’s a case of waiting a little too long. Because the biggest predictor of the future is the past . And with Blore he’s injury prone , and wants to play on an edge , but doesn’t have the lateral movement for it . As harsh as that is . 
We know what we have with blore , and it’s real harsh to say , but we obviously are looking around for better . 
It’s like an NFL team who drafted a top 5 quarterback for him to go 14 wins 16 losses in his first 2 seasons  . I mean he’s fine , but is there better out there ? I’m looking at you Browns with Baker !! 
Not defending this by the way , the grass is not always greener . I’m just explaining the cold hard logic .

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @lestronge

@mickb I think the forgotten fainu is better than blore  already , and with Sione in the squad now , along with Miller , with Kit  And Faagatu waiting in the wings as development players , unfortunately for Blore it’s a case of waiting a little too long. Because the biggest predictor of the future is the past . And with Blore he’s injury prone , and wants to play on an edge , but doesn’t have the lateral movement for it . As harsh as that is . 
We know what we have with blore , and it’s real harsh to say , but we obviously are looking around for better . 
It’s like an NFL team who drafted a top 5 quarterback for him to go 14 wins 16 losses in his first 2 seasons  . I mean he’s fine , but is there better out there ? I’m looking at you Browns with Baker !! 
Not defending this by the way , the grass is not always greener . I’m just explaining the cold hard logic .

I like Blore, but you have sold me. Im confident that between Sam Fainu, Miller, Kit & Faagatu, one of them will exceed Blore who has had moments but never a full game of "oh yeah there he is".

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

the club should be enquiring about blore fir Meaney or take blore and  nofo or no deal 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger no way would Melbourne agree to that. Meaney is a quality player

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Meaney became a quality player in the Melbourne system and having Bellamy as coach. He will now be traded at an inflated price as a result. There is zero similarity between the Melbourne system and coach and that which is offered by WT. Zero.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@mercy-rule he was a pretty good player at Dogs but he’s developed really well under Bellamy. I thought he was one of the storms best players in ‘23.

Not saying he’d be the same player outside of Melbourne but his worth to Melbourne at this point in time would be higher than Blore imo.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Olam would just be a typical tigers signing. Busted player on a long contract 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Olam has fallen off a cliff in the last year or so. I have zero trust in WT being the club that can turn him around. 

I'm actually ok with Blore being traded for something, given he's had so many injury issues and missed so much football in crucial development years. 

But yeah, not sure that Olam is the answer there. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

don't know how much quality Meaney is, he may be as others have said a player made to look pretty good in the Melbourne system

ReplyQuote
Page 853 / 932
Share: