Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @tiger5150

Based on his social media postings today, I would hope JAC never pulls on a Tigers jersey ever again.

Can you elaborate on this mate?

he posted a pro Hamas post after the terrorist attacks in Israel and equated it with the plight of indigenous Australians. "Land Back" for Aborigines and Palestinians

EDIT: I do NOT want to start a political discussion, but IMO what happened in Israel is above any argument of "moral equivalence" and again IMO it was disgusting to post something like that regardless of your political stance or opinion on Palestine v Israel.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @barra

Based on his social media postings today, I would hope JAC never pulls on a Tigers jersey ever again.

Can you elaborate on this mate?

he posted a pro Hamas post after the terrorist attacks in Israel and equated it with the plight of indigenous Australians. "Land Back" for Aborigines and Palestinians

EDIT: I do NOT want to start a political discussion, but IMO what happened in Israel is above any argument of "moral equivalence" and again IMO it was disgusting to post something like that regardless of your political stance or opinion on Palestine v Israel.

Yeah, we don’t want people like him at the club.

On a very different note - Alex Twal is staying (yes I know WT have again changed their minds).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Barra, Jedi Tiger, Westy81 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

To be fair to JAC he's a dope: always was, always will be. I'd be very surprised if he even knew where Gaza was.

And yes, we might be last in the competition, but at least we don't have half wits like him (fingers crossed).

The Frog 

Westy81 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yes to be fair to JAC,there is a delineation to be made in what he posted.From what I’ve seen he made a reference of support for Palestine and not HAMAS.Major difference.You might accuse him of poor timing but I don’t think he was overtly cheerleading HAMAS for one moment.Truly horrifying what has happened but JAC doesn’t deserve to be crucified for this.

Celtic_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Yes to be fair to JAC,there is a delineation to be made in what he posted.From what I’ve seen he made a reference of support for Palestine and not HAMAS.Major difference.You might accuse him of poor timing but I don’t think he was overtly cheerleading HAMAS for one moment.Truly horrifying what has happened but JAC doesn’t deserve to be crucified for this.

Strongly disagree but will leave it there because otherwise it becomes a political discussion that this place doesnt need.

The Frog and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy Am I the only one that is totally bewildered by this Alex Twal Saga? I love Twal, because unlike some others in the team (did I accidentally mention Nofoaluma) he tries his guts out each and every time he enters the field. So why has the club caused all this unnecessary drama? I dont get it.

Bewildered Frog

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-frog

@helmesy Am I the only one that is totally bewildered by this Alex Twal Saga? I love Twal, because unlike some others in the team (did I accidentally mention Nofoaluma) he tries his guts out each and every time he enters the field. So why has the club caused all this unnecessary drama? I dont get it.

Bewildered Frog

I have good news for you Frog,

Club email just hit Twal extends until 2027.

Clearly he was on too much money. Club told him so and gave him permission to shop around. he realised he is on massive money, wont get it elsewhere and wants to stay so he re-negotiates to make it work for everyone. Good result IMO. Twal can do a job for us on the right money. massive improvement in 23, hopefully continues to improve.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Happy with the Twal news. Makes sense for all parties. 

Does anyone have access to the Stef article from the other day on Code Sports?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Smart business from all with the Twal situation. I’m glad he is staying and hopefully on more balanced money. 

hsvjones and TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Club handled this well. Told Twal he was a valued member but on too much. Twal decided to stay on a lesser deal. Good work! Unfortunately it was all across the media, again!

Joel Helmes and TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigersteve

Club handled this well. Told Twal he was a valued member but on too much. Twal decided to stay on a lesser deal. Good work! Unfortunately it was all across the media, again!

That’s right, looks terrible from the outside that a loyal player is unwanted and then when no one else nabs him you give him a longer deal.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/addo-carr-to-front-gould-in-crisis-meeting-over-canterbury-future-20231012-p5ebuv.html

JAC is a Tartak client. Tigers are signing a lot of Tartak players

Noffa is an Ayoub client. Dogs are signing a lot of Ayoub players

I think it would suit both clubs right now to entertain a swap. Not sure what I think about the prospect but I think it might be at least a small chance of it happening?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mickb

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/addo-carr-to-front-gould-in-crisis-meeting-over-canterbury-future-20231012-p5ebuv.html

JAC is a Tartak client. Tigers are signing a lot of Tartak players

Noffa is an Ayoub client. Dogs are signing a lot of Ayoub players

I think it would suit both clubs right now to entertain a swap. Not sure what I think about the prospect but I think it might be at least a small chance of it happening?

Might sound ridiculous but I hope not. I think JAC is on the downward slide and is not a positive for team culture. More excited about the prospect of Noffa leaving than JAC coming.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@tiger5150 he’s not the player he was and I agree he’s on the slippery slope. I’d still swap him for Nofa though. Honestly I’d probably swap any player in the NRL for Nofa.

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 851 / 1066
Share: