Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Daily Telegraph reporting that the Board has extended Lee as Chair for another 3 years? If true, so much for taking the review seriously. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @snake

@the-last-ronin All well and good  the problem is the coaching staff except one  that has any coaching experience.. what Bula needs is good coaching to get him to the next level but with the current coaching set up that will not be happening unfortunately.

Morris has a great track record with young players and hopefully they can get some part time support from a former fullback as well. 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals 'player swap' deal could rob Bulldogs of Alex Twal signing
By Simon Brunsdon

WWOS

Phil Gould has let slip rumours of a player swap being discussed by Manly and the Wests Tigers.

Gould was responding to reports his own club, Canterbury, had met with representative prop Alex Twal this week.

Twal was seen meeting with Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo, as first reported by Wide World of Sports on Tuesday.

The Lebanese star is contracted to the Tigers for next season but the club isn't standing in his way if he can find a deal elsewhere.

"Our coach spoke to him this week," Gould confirmed on Wide World of Sports' Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

"There's very, very little out there on the market, so I guess when a player like that comes on the market you've got to do your due diligence and have a chat, so the coach went and had a chat this week.

"In a world with mobile phones and cameras someone had to take a photo of it and send it to the media."

But in confirming Ciraldo met with Twal, Gould revealed the Sea Eagles are suggesting a player swap with the Tigers.

Stream every game of the 2023 NRL finals series live and free on 9Now

The Tigers have previously been involved in player swaps between clubs, most notably taking Harry Grant for the 2020 season which effectively launched his NRL career before he returned to the Storm.

"I think Manly and the Tigers are discussing perhaps a trade, or a swap, with Alex," Gould said.

"We'll know more next week what his intentions are, and we've got to decide whether that's right for us as well.

"Alex has to decide whether that's right for him."

The Tigers collected the wooden spoon this season, while the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles also missed finals.

I wonder if a swap Faitala-Mariner for Twal is being considered? I thought I read that RFM has permission to negotiate elsewhere just like Twal?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals 'player swap' deal could rob Bulldogs of Alex Twal signing
By Simon Brunsdon

WWOS

Phil Gould has let slip rumours of a player swap being discussed by Manly and the Wests Tigers.

Gould was responding to reports his own club, Canterbury, had met with representative prop Alex Twal this week.

Twal was seen meeting with Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo, as first reported by Wide World of Sports on Tuesday.

The Lebanese star is contracted to the Tigers for next season but the club isn't standing in his way if he can find a deal elsewhere.

"Our coach spoke to him this week," Gould confirmed on Wide World of Sports' Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

"There's very, very little out there on the market, so I guess when a player like that comes on the market you've got to do your due diligence and have a chat, so the coach went and had a chat this week.

"In a world with mobile phones and cameras someone had to take a photo of it and send it to the media."

But in confirming Ciraldo met with Twal, Gould revealed the Sea Eagles are suggesting a player swap with the Tigers.

Stream every game of the 2023 NRL finals series live and free on 9Now

The Tigers have previously been involved in player swaps between clubs, most notably taking Harry Grant for the 2020 season which effectively launched his NRL career before he returned to the Storm.

"I think Manly and the Tigers are discussing perhaps a trade, or a swap, with Alex," Gould said.

"We'll know more next week what his intentions are, and we've got to decide whether that's right for us as well.

"Alex has to decide whether that's right for him."

The Tigers collected the wooden spoon this season, while the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles also missed finals.

I wonder if a swap Faitala-Mariner for Twal is being considered? I thought I read that RFM has permission to negotiate elsewhere just like Twal?

I also read that he had permission to look elsewhere. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

If the $$$$ reported are correct, Bula has signed for 4 years for less than $700K pa. This is a fantastic signing.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Great news on Bula. 

Gould commenting on two other clubs allegedly swapping players is ridiculous but par for the course from him I guess. 

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Great news on Bula. 

Gould commenting on two other clubs allegedly swapping players is ridiculous but par for the course from him I guess. 

The NRL should have strict sanctions on people like Phil Gould and alike who are club affiliated and work in the media, they have a clear advantage to manipulate the media in their favour and disparage and undermine other clubs.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigerlily

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Great news on Bula. 

The NRL should have strict sanctions on people like Phil Gould and alike who are club affiliated and work in the media, they have a clear advantage to manipulate the media in their favour and disparage and undermine other clubs.

I agree, although I haven't watched Ch 9 for about a decade. Whenever I'm stupid enough to watch NRL 360, it's player-manager Braith Anasta leading discussions (and trying to invoke arguments between so-called journalists). It's a similar conflict of interest to Gould, I imagine. And, why current contracted players are allowed to offer their opinions on issues in the game, is beyond me. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yeah Anasta hosting that show is even more of a joke tbh. Not hard to see why he's been so harsh on Latrell recently, so that the spotlight shifts away from his client (Illias). 

Just another day in the NRL. 

ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

They dedicated about 10mins when his Client (Munster) was caught with an "unidentified white substance" WT get 30mins of shit-canning every episode. Ridiculous 

CanberraTiger, jirskyr, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thought this was a good clarification on the Twal situation: 

Carayannis clarified that the Tigers don’t want to lose Twal but are cautious of a potential salary cap crunch in future seasons.

“The Tigers really respect (Twal) and he’s loved at the club but he’s on a significant contract,” Carayannis added.

“He’s on big money, around half a million dollars.

“They essentially told him when his current deal expires at the end of next year, he won’t be on anywhere near that amount of money.

“They’ve given him an opportunity to explore his options to see if he can get a long-term deal (elsewhere).

“If he can’t, he’ll link back with the Tigers to start the pre-season.

“They aren't pushing him out the door but they have indicated that when his deal expires, his contract will drop significantly.”

Makes sense to me. Incredible that we signed him on $500k. 

Taken from https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/21/wests-tigers-extend-young-star-to-bumper-deal/

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@dirty-reds if that is true it is crazy. Who signed off on that?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Just looked up the announcement, and it was just after Hartigan left, and Sheens was installed as Director of Football: https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/11/21/wests-tigers-re-sign-alex-twal/#:~:text=Already%20contracted%20for%20the%202022,of%20the%202024%20NRL%20season.

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

2 players in the NSW cup team of the year, played in our NSW team last year 

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

I heard Twal was on closer to $600k

ReplyQuote
Page 846 / 933
Share: