Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe, whose chief financial officer phoned the NRL to make sure there were no cap implications with the Beefeater, told this masthead: “We all know Luke loves cooking. He said as much during a podcast he did with us. Rather than give him a ball or another signed jersey, why not give him something he will use?

Luke has a ute, and I was hoping he’d fire up the barbie and start a tailgate party in the CommBank car park after the game.”

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @frullens

Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe, whose chief financial officer phoned the NRL to make sure there were no cap implications with the Beefeater, told this masthead: “We all know Luke loves cooking. He said as much during a podcast he did with us. Rather than give him a ball or another signed jersey, why not give him something he will use?

Luke has a ute, and I was hoping he’d fire up the barbie and start a tailgate party in the CommBank car park after the game.”

Lol is this real? 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

How much is a Beefeater BBQ? $1000? Are we that tight on the cap? 

I get giving the BBQ as a gift but why do it in front of the crowd? 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@jirskyr I don’t think having a different opinion to you is necessarily silly. 

Yes he ran for 155m yesterday and I said he ran good metres. I just like my middle forwards to have a little more impact.  Additionally if you don’t include Saturday’s game, he broke 100m once in his previous 8 games. 

I was commenting on your specific point asking for anyone to "name any premiership team in recent years that had used a Twal-like player". I thought that part was silly - of course there are premiership and near-premiership teams with players like Twal. 

Your overall opinion on Twal, I don't agree at all, but that part is not silly.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

My whatsapp is going off with this Luke Brooks BBQ situation. My mates are going to town on us again. 

Justin Pascoe has a skill at getting attention for the wrong reasons

Well good news is your mates are idiots.

A mate of mine messaged me this afternoon: "Looks a good young talent this Sezer, might have a bright future". Also an idiot.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I really don't get the kerfuffle around the BBQ. There are a million reasons to laugh at this club, but that isn't one of them.

jirskyr, 851, CanberraTiger and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@dirty-reds do we have sponsorship with beef eater or thier manufacturer ? 
Because this wouldn’t even be an issue if we got the family size Weber I’m assuming.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

Because this wouldn’t even be an issue if we got the family size Weber I’m assuming.

No, it seems like the club genuinely just went out and bought it for him as a gift. The NRL signed off on it being ok - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/licence-to-grill-why-brooks-1000-barbecue-is-outside-tigers-salary-cap-20230821-p5dy85.html

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

No, it seems like the club genuinely just went out and bought it for him as a gift. The NRL signed off on it being ok - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/licence-to-grill-why-brooks-1000-barbecue-is-outside-tigers-salary-cap-20230821-p5dy85.html

I think it looked a little weird, but its not a bad gesture. I think that the fuss around it is a bit of a barometer about how everyone feels about the club.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

I really don't get the kerfuffle around the BBQ. There are a million reasons to laugh at this club, but that isn't one of them.

I personally find it odd and weird. To take a BBQ onto the field as a gift for a departing  player is strange.

I also find it strange that Brooks allowed this so called send off. If I was him, I would have refused any such thing and just left quietly.

ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

I was there on Saturday and there was a Quiz with 2 spectators, who had to answer Brooks trivia questions. One of the questions was "what is his favourite cut of Steak". It's obvious he has a love of cooking and meat etc. 

He probably preferred that to a football in a glass case. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerpete)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Optics Optics Optics

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @grovetiger

I was there on Saturday and there was a Quiz with 2 spectators, who had to answer Brooks trivia questions. One of the questions was "what is his favourite cut of Steak". It's obvious he has a love of cooking and meat etc. 

And his favourite was rump. Weirdo 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I think it looked a little weird, but its not a bad gesture. I think that the fuss around it is a bit of a barometer about how everyone feels about the club.

I think it's a barometer of the mental instability present throughout social media, and the inability of some of the fanbase to separate the disappointment with results vs real-world impacts on those results. The BBQ does and says nothing about winning football, but nowadays people will jump up and down about anything and everything if their team doesn't win enough footy.

ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @grovetiger

And his favourite was rump. Weirdo 

😂😂 I said the same thing 

ReplyQuote
Page 822 / 942
Share: