@enumerator we are on the right track all right… and that’s to NOWHERE!!
Yes I get it that we didn't win and people are upset. But noone truly expected us to win and for a significant part of the second half we were playing well. Latu was running freely and made quite a difference.
Penrith had a few goals for this game
- To win the game.✅️
- To win by more than 2 points tick✅️
- To stay uninjured✅️
- To get 3 tries for Jenkins❌️
They didn't get everything they were after and we did keep trying to the end. Lots of teams would have lost to this Penrith team today.
My word will have to be Latu. He has definitely put his hand up big time for a halves spot next year.
Thank you Tgrzmn, you have somewhat restored my faith in the fans on this forum.
Penrith is one of the greatest teams of all time in the NRL, with EVERYTHING to play for up against our team with nothing to play for but personal pride. Tigers put in from start to finish and there was a 20min period in the second half we were on top.
You can be simply outplayed by a vastly better team and we were today but if fans cant see that we turned up to play, that we put in and tried in that game then I dont know what there is to say.
My first word is a percentage - 33%. That’s our win rate for the season. On the Richo Meter that would be poor (between terrible and average).
At this stage, I’m unsure on whether we are better placed to improve that to an average (average) of 50% in 2027.
My second word is ‘more’.
We need more grunt up front, more smarts in the halves, more speed in the backs, more experience, more depth and more luck!
Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers since 2018!
Girls got done 58-0, so I was expecting the worst for the boys too. First half followed that script to a T.
Showed some heart (and ability) second half, though it was a shame to let them score a couple of cheap ones later on.
So it cleared the bar from my very, very low expectations, but still pretty poor.
I'm just thankful it's all over. Reckon this feels worse than any of the spoon years - I don't remember feeling so depressed/despondent over the club and where it's going. Very little hope that next season (or any of those in the near future) will be any better.
One word: done
Yes I get it that we didn't win and people are upset. But noone truly expected us to win and for a significant part of the second half we were playing well. Latu was running freely and made quite a difference.
Penrith had a few goals for this game
- To win the game.✅️
- To win by more than 2 points tick✅️
- To stay uninjured✅️
- To get 3 tries for Jenkins❌️
They didn't get everything they were after and we did keep trying to the end. Lots of teams would have lost to this Penrith team today.
My word will have to be Latu. He has definitely put his hand up big time for a halves spot next year.
There's nothing about the talent of the Panthers that makes us give away a strip on the 5th tackle of the first set (after 4 good tackles)... And by our captain, no less. Year after year we see this absolute stupidity on the field; we never even give ourselves the chance to be in a game. The Tigers "having a go" or "winning a 2nd half" when the game is already lost has to be unacceptable if we want to be an elite club.
My first word is a percentage - 33%. That’s our win rate for the season. On the Richo Meter that would be poor (between terrible and average).
At this stage, I’m unsure on whether we are better placed to improve that to an average (average) of 50% in 2027.
My second word is ‘more’.
We need more grunt up front, more smarts in the halves, more speed in the backs, more experience, more depth and more luck!
And less Klein
One word - Derailed = After a great start to the year, 3 things derailed the team (and supporters) 1) Massive injury toll with 5 or 6 starters all out at the same time... 2) Luai the Chief - enough said... 3) Douehi - petulant dummy spitter who should have been dropped.. I am a fan, always have and always will be. There will be some changes in 2027 and some improvement and I'll support the Wests Tigers no matter what..
Sorry @snake, Can't agree with that one. Although, I agree he hasn't been at his absolute best over the latter part of the season but, let's face it; he's not Robinson Crusoe in that regard.@ausmo7 I wish it was Bula’s last game he has also been exposed as a fraud and for what a million a season … Marshall has a lot to answer for. !
Bula is a genuine talent; reliable under the high-ball, a solid defender, has a step and speed (or more than most) and really is the go-to man in attack. Whether he should be or not is a coaching issue, but there are very few other genuine attacking threats in the team. I think he's fantastic and I'm glad he's been retained.
I do agree though that Marshall has a lot to answer for but Bula is not one of them.
At 26 - 0 yesterday the scoring aggregate for the two Panthers v Tigers games in 2026 was 94 - 0 in favour of Panthers. Thankfully the Tigers scored next to avoid the 100 - 0 aggregate. Realistically though the final result of 106 -10 for the season is still embarrassing.
And, at -254, WT had the second worst points differential with SGI, thankfully, the worst.
If this was the EPL, Marshall and his cronies would be sacked. Let's hope the CEO and Board can grow a pair and give us some hope for 2027.
frightening stats right there mateAt 26 - 0 yesterday the scoring aggregate for the two Panthers v Tigers games in 2026 was 94 - 0 in favour of Panthers. Thankfully the Tigers scored next to avoid the 100 - 0 aggregate. Realistically though the final result of 106 -10 for the season is still embarrassing.
And, at -254, WT had the second worst points differential with SGI, thankfully, the worst.
If this was the EPL, Marshall and his cronies would be sacked. Let's hope the CEO and Board can grow a pair and give us some hope for 2027.
Sorry @snake, Can't agree with that one. Although, I agree he hasn't been at his absolute best over the latter part of the season but, let's face it; he's not Robinson Crusoe in that regard.@ausmo7 I wish it was Bula’s last game he has also been exposed as a fraud and for what a million a season … Marshall has a lot to answer for. !
Bula is a genuine talent; reliable under the high-ball, a solid defender, has a step and speed (or more than most) and really is the go-to man in attack. Whether he should be or not is a coaching issue, but there are very few other genuine attacking threats in the team. I think he's fantastic and I'm glad he's been retained.
I do agree though that Marshall has a lot to answer for but Bula is not one of them.
100% and at the moment he is our go to man in attack and he is expected to do it all on his own (and fans here bag him if he cant pull a miracle out).
Judge him next year when he is fit and when he gets the ball with Taylan May, KPP and averillo to work with.
One things for sure next season you’d really like to see a fit and firing J Bula. Somehow I think pressure could come to him if the tigers have a poor start to the season.Sorry @snake, Can't agree with that one. Although, I agree he hasn't been at his absolute best over the latter part of the season but, let's face it; he's not Robinson Crusoe in that regard.@ausmo7 I wish it was Bula’s last game he has also been exposed as a fraud and for what a million a season … Marshall has a lot to answer for. !
Bula is a genuine talent; reliable under the high-ball, a solid defender, has a step and speed (or more than most) and really is the go-to man in attack. Whether he should be or not is a coaching issue, but there are very few other genuine attacking threats in the team. I think he's fantastic and I'm glad he's been retained.
I do agree though that Marshall has a lot to answer for but Bula is not one of them.
100% and at the moment he is our go to man in attack and he is expected to do it all on his own (and fans here bag him if he cant pull a miracle out).
Judge him next year when he is fit and when he gets the ball with Taylan May, KPP and averillo to work with.
Thought he was excellent this year until the injury. Has been up and down since then. Needs a break (which he won't get with the world cup).