Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @redman

Every game we’ve seen Sheensy in the background, while Benji is front and centre with the headset on giving the instructions

Not disputing the rest of it, but lots of assistants take the lead on the headset etc in the coaching box - that's not just us. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Does anyone know if Sheens was at the game today?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @frullens

Does anyone know if Sheens was at the game today?

Yep, the tv cameras showed him on the field at the end of the game with the rest of the coaching staff. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@doug-heffernan mate if we go through every game this year , we have any where from 5-10 that have had some absolutely diabolical call that has either directly lost us the game , or had a huge influence in turning the game against us . 
I can’t recall any team ever having that many bad calls in one season . 
Mu point is , unlike any point during the premiership coaches rein a few years ago , can I remember a more galvanised squad than this current one . They are working for each other , even though they know the tub of the green / bounce of the ball / ref interpretations whatever you want to chuck in there , haven’t gone our way in a long time . 
At no point during Madge’s rein did I ever think the team was one unit . 
We need guys like Kepaoa to work on thier intangibles that are holding us back . He’s a decent centre , but his hands and lack of class kills my soul at times . 
Other  guys lapses in judgement etc . 
Even getting Bula working on 3v2s, 5v4s at training , will go a long way to getting him up to speed with ball playing .

They are playing for each other , which is a huge start . Now it’s about fixing our execution . We start getting our timing and execution right , we will do some damage in this comp . 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jirskyr he was not very good to start his career . At leas run terms of results . 
Then it just clicked for him , and he’s basically won everywhere he’s been since . 
The spurs will shock everyone I reckon . 
If Ange can sign a centre back who can shore up the defence , and a decent striker to replace Kane , I can see plenty of “who the hell is this guy “  lines coming from a lot of people .

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@redman don’t forget we were actually told outright that Benji would have “his team” in 2025. This year was always trial and error.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@jedi-tiger We've had honest toilers for as long as I remember and they're just not good enough. Seyfarth isn't good enough. If he's even getting a look in for first grade, our recruitment has failed. We need players who can win the collision and have good footwork. Stef wins the collision, Pole has fantastic footwork and Klemmer is a consistently great front rower.

I was at the game today and really focused on watching the middle forwards. I wouldn't be re-signing Twal, Blore or Seyfarth.

On another note. Bula is absolute class.

ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

Grateful for the win, but we cannot let 1 win paper over the cracks which are the size of the Grand Canyon. 

We need to buy speed and winners. You could see a team used to losing, throwing that game away. 

Kepaoa and Nofoaluma are too slow, outside backs are a necessity. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@jedi-tiger We've had honest toilers for as long as I remember and they're just not good enough. Seyfarth isn't good enough. If he's even getting a look in for first grade, our recruitment has failed. We need players who can win the collision and have good footwork. Stef wins the collision, Pole has fantastic footwork and Klemmer is a consistently great front rower.

I was at the game today and really focused on watching the middle forwards. I wouldn't be re-signing Twal, Blore or Seyfarth.

Tough on Twal IMO. I think he has improved out of sight this year and developed much better footwork and makes good metres and some speed int eh middle of the field. Blore is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Didnt get many minutes today for some reason. Seyfarth I think is improved this year and I said earlier that I would keep him, but only on the basis of a cheap Contract. You need one or two cheap middles.

851, jirskyr, Skippa13 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

personally I think klemmer has tailed off in the second half of the season, Bateman has dropped off a Cliff. The forward pack is pretty good, still probably missing some impact and I think twal has done well. Bula and tupou should be our only backs from today that should be resigned

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 I really just don’t rate Twal. I never have. He’s not a player that would ever instil fear in an opposing pack. His stats look good but he’ll never turn a game around, bend the line or inspire his team. He’s a highly productive plodder imo.

Every few games Blore will do something where you go ‘wow’, but outside of that he’s really not very good.

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tigertownsfs he absolutely has. Klemmer looks burnt out, and Batemans lack of preseason has really caught up with him. It’s a long season.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs he absolutely has. Klemmer looks burnt out, and Batemans lack of preseason has really caught up with him. It’s a long season.

I dont disagree with this, but I also think its a factor of our coaching and lack of decent halves. Im hoping that over the off season and into next year coaching staff and new halves realise and train that the 2rf and outside backs all have different requirements and strengths, ie Bateman needs early ball away from the line and Papali'i needs it in hole. Neither is being played to their strengths at the moment. Both uses as battering rams on the edges at times.

851, hsvjones, GroveTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I was just reading the match report in the herald. Check out this absolute whopper from Lee.

“What you also see is a rookie coach possessed of great experience as a player who is adept at transitioning into one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game,” Hagipantelis told the gathering.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I was just reading the match report in the herald. Check out this absolute whopper from Lee.

“What you also see is a rookie coach possessed of great experience as a player who is adept at transitioning into one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game,” Hagipantelis told the gathering.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 817 / 1067
Share: