Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Benjis original contract was 5 years - 2 years assistant + 3 years NRL coach

Does anyone know if Benji is now contracted as NRL coach for 4 years? Or if his contract has been reduced to 3 more years?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

Benjis original contract was 5 years - 2 years assistant + 3 years NRL coach

Does anyone know if Benji is now contracted as NRL coach for 4 years? Or if his contract has been reduced to 3 more years?

Very good question that I’d like to know the answer to as well

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Just watched the Benji presser.

While I don't agree with how our clubs handles this - I will say that hearing Beni speak gives me more confidence than I had listening to Sheens.

We really need  GM of Football and some top notch assistants now as a priority.

I'd be keen to still find an experienced half to work with Api and Benji - given Sezer hasn't yet been announced, maybe we are still looking at our options?

Top 8 2023

851 and 888 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@mike 

I think now we have gone this way with Benji,  we need to go in 120%

We can't give Benji 2 years and then sack him. 

Stick with him for 4-5 years - as the face/ leader of the club, and set him up for success by surrounding him with experienced assistants and a strong GM.

Top 8 2023

851, Tiger Symmetry and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@frullens 

similar sentiments shared by Mr Bennett, Will Benji get true support? Has any coach?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/can-t-go-from-zero-to-hero-overnight-bennett-urges-tigers-to-stick-solid-with-benji-20230818-p5dxo2.html

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @brookscoin

@frullens 

similar sentiments shared by Mr Bennett, Will Benji get true support? Has any coach?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/can-t-go-from-zero-to-hero-overnight-bennett-urges-tigers-to-stick-solid-with-benji-20230818-p5dxo2.html

I genuinely think Bennett has a soft spot for us. Ive seen him standing on his own in front of the Latchem at LO twice for games not involving his club and supposedly agreed to coaching us before we got Madge.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @brookscoin

@frullens 

I genuinely think Bennett has a soft spot for us. Ive seen him standing on his own in front of the Latchem at LO twice for games not involving his club and supposedly agreed to coaching us before we got Madge.

I would have loved for Bennett to coach us or even be a head of football at some stage. 

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

In a vacuum, it's great that Benji is our coach. Beloved by the fanbase, passionate about the club, knows the game inside out, extremely popular with the media and general public. 

The experience or lack thereof is terrifying though. 

It's going to be heartbreaking if/when he struggles over the next few years and people are calling for his head. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

In a vacuum, it's great that Benji is our coach. Beloved by the fanbase, passionate about the club, knows the game inside out, extremely popular with the media and general public. 

It's going to be heartbreaking if/when he struggles over the next few years and people are calling for his head. 

My concern is that Benji has already had a strong hand in the coaching of this team and we wont notice a difference. I hope Im wrong and its been all Sheens up until now and everything is Tims fault and its going to be all roses from now on, but Im sceptical.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 tend to agree, so I'm not overly optimistic. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@redman)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Why is everyone talking like Benji hasn’t been coaching all year? Every game we’ve seen Sheensy in the background, while Benji is front and centre with the headset on giving the instructions. Sheens has been giving halftime talks, but so has Benj. I think this has all finally just burnt my wick to the end…

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

ITs taken me a while, but I'd be open to resigning Seyfarth on a reasonable deal. He has improved massively this year and is still young with more potential improvement.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

My concern is that Benji has already had a strong hand in the coaching of this team and we wont notice a difference. I hope Im wrong and its been all Sheens up until now and everything is Tims fault and its going to be all roses from now on, but Im sceptical.

I see your thinking and I wouldn't argue against it. However, I have been an understudy to a main coach where I had a very big influence and it just isn't the same as being the head honcho. No matter how much reign you have, you are bound to work that influence within someone else's structure. 

I have always said its extremely unlikely Benji will be the one to turn us around, but I have not heard one bad thing about him. The players seem to love him, and I really like how he is talking about defence, percentage play and also saying he wants to back off and give roles to others. If all that is true, he may just pull this shit off. I also like how he has so many coaches hoping he does well and all willing to talk to him and help him. That outside conversation can be very important.

Luck with injuries, and a 3 and 5 or 6 start to the year and I reckon we can do it.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

ITs taken me a while, but I'd be open to resigning Seyfarth on a reasonable deal. He has improved massively this year and is still young with more potential improvement.

I can’t bring myself to agree with you. As far as middle forwards go I don’t think we have anything outside of Klemmer, Stef and Pole. The rest imo are seriously average

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

seyfarth tries hard i would resign him 

851, Doug Heffernan, hsvjones and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 816 / 940
Share: