Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jirskyr loll this place !!! Just close the joint . Why have a plan and then bail after 1 year ? 
It screams absolute incompetence of the highest order . 
Actually …. If Pascoe goes too I’ll be ok with this . It means they admit they screwed up but they have fallen on their sword as well . 
Otherwise Lee and Pascoe are the worst things to have ever been attached to this club , and we will be in Perth by 2030

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

@tigersteve What The $&#@ do you expect!

Another year of what we got.

Dead set you’re kidding.

No I’m not kidding and don’t appreciate being sworn at

The problems at this club go way deeper than the coach but yeah, let’s find another fall guy to hide the real ineptitude 

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Pascoe and Lee HAVE to go. Seriously they just can't help themselves!

This couldn't have waited a few weeks until the end of the season?! Not right before a winnable game for a club desperate for a win!

Tigerlily and Kades79 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@jirskyr loll this place !!! Just close the joint . Why have a plan and then bail after 1 year ? 
It screams absolute incompetence of the highest order . 
Actually …. If Pascoe goes too I’ll be ok with this . It means they admit they screwed up but they have fallen on their sword as well . 
Otherwise Lee and Pascoe are the worst things to have ever been attached to this club , and we will be in Perth by 2030

Pascoe and Lee will destroy the club if they're given enough time. I've been saying it for years.

Kades79 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good riddance. Finally, a step in the right direction by calling time on Teflon Tim. But I am in total agreement that those who appointed him in the first place should also go! 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@canberratiger Maybe, this is a good move. There has been stories of mixed messages between Sheens and Benji, clear the air, give the boys a Benji only direction, as was apparently the case pre warriors game..  Anyway time will tell..  But the management MUST change.. Its time for a sweep out..

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @kades79

@canberratiger Maybe, this is a good move. There has been stories of mixed messages between Sheens and Benji, clear the air, give the boys a Benji only direction, as was apparently the case pre warriors game..  Anyway time will tell..  But the management MUST change.. Its time for a sweep out..

I understand what you are saying and I agree with some of it but I am just so tired of the constant drama. There is always a change that seems to have merit (like Madge) but when one thing dies down, another pops up to destabilise everything. 

I agree, a massive sweep out must take place. I simply cannot see how Pascoe and Lee hold their positions...well actually therein lies the problem, I can see how. 

Kades79 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

This club really sucks.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@tigersteve If you took my comments badly I apologise but really?

If You give a guy full control of the team, roster, recruitment and performance then that person must take full responsibility for the outcome.

Results on all fronts …. where are they. This years Team roster is significantly better than last years but where are the wins or even improvements.

The recruitment retention decisions Sheens made, particularly around the half’s remain a mystery and are just plain stupid. And please don’t tell me that that’s on the Board.

I applaud the decision …. in my past working life with organisations that received rubbish results like that from an appointed executive leave them with only one choice ….. remove the problem.

Mercy Rule and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @mac_tiger

But inside the 20 we are deplorable, there is no 'shape' just an ad hoc hope for the best approach.

This is the strangest part of the season for me. From very early on we were dominating yardage and found us in the redzone very regularly yet we had no attacking structure that allowed us to strip numbers and break down set defensive lines from the goal line (compare this to south’s at the start of the year who seemed to able to score at will in the redzone). I can understand how we didn’t start the season well they’re given how inexperienced our coaches are perhaps but how can we still have the same issue at round 23? It’s bizarre 

This and the fact that Sheens has just been sacked terrifies me. I said in an earlier post that the lack of shape in attack, the lack of structured plays was very unlike a Sheens coached team adn to me it suggests that it is not a Sheens coached team and is a Benji Marshall coached team. Wouldnt surprise me if it has been from day 1 and the whole Sheens thing has been a ruse to take pressure off him. Whether its a ruse or not, Benji is what we are going to get and the fact that they have not been able to establish these structures and improve our attack over the course of the season is a very bad sign.

GroveTiger, Avo and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

If You give a guy full control of the team, roster, recruitment and performance then that person must take full responsibility for the outcome.

Results on all fronts …. where are they. This years Team roster is significantly better than last years but where are the wins or even improvements.

The recruitment retention decisions Sheens made, particularly around the half’s remain a mystery and are just plain stupid. And please don’t tell me that that’s on the Board.

I applaud the decision …. in my past working life with organisations that received rubbish results like that from an appointed executive leave them with only one choice ….. remove the problem.

Sheens may be part of the problem, maybe he has had his day but wasn’t he appointed by a board that you would assume did their due diligence on the man. Especially considering the carousel of coaching changes the club has endured?

Also, your last paragraph talks of removing the problem. Coaches have come and gone, as have players, as have recruitment advisors. The only constant are executive management and governance and if you’d had the interactions I have had with some of these people you’d be as worried as I am

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

My understanding is that Marshall has been doing the majority of coaching this year anyway. Giving him the reins with less than a years worth of experience is setting him up for failure.  I have no issues getting rid of Sheens, but the plan should be scrapped to get an experienced coach. A guy with almost no coaching experience can't be expected to turn around a club from 2 wooden spoons. Benji will be sacked mid season and we'll be back to square 1, again. It is so obvious that this is going to be a disaster.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@avocadoontoast Agree its a remaining problem that needs to be addressed. 

If we get lucky and it turns out to be a Billy Slater model that we get then maybe just maybe we get out of this nightmare andI can get myself to watch another WT game.

But luck and WT is normally something that just don’t click ….. so I won’t hold my breath for that one.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast Agree its a remaining problem that needs to be addressed. 

If we get lucky and it turns out to be a Billy Slater model that we get then maybe just maybe we get out of this nightmare andI can get myself to watch another WT game.

But luck and WT is normally something that just don’t click ….. so I won’t hold my breath for that one.

It’s a lot easier to coach three games a year than to do it every single week. Slater inherits very talented, fit players that are in form. He just needs to get selections and overall strategy right. 

I’ve been called negative for years, and I deserve it, but I don’t think we’re anywhere near rock bottom yet.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

My understanding is that Marshall has been doing the majority of coaching this year anyway. Giving him the reins with less than a years worth of experience is setting him up for failure.  I have no issues getting rid of Sheens, but the plan should be scrapped to get an experienced coach. A guy with almost no coaching experience can't be expected to turn around a club from 2 wooden spoons. Benji will be sacked mid season and we'll be back to square 1, again. It is so obvious that this is going to be a disaster.

The coaching arrangement has obviously been some sort of blancmange and knowing what percentage is Sheens or Marshall would be speculation on any level but for mine I can see some elements that "look like Sheens", specifically the development of Bula, Twal, Seyfarth, Pole and others and I can see things like total lack of attacking structure that looks like the opposite of Sheens.

To some extent, it doesnt matter what percentage it is, the transition was always going to come whether it is now, 6 months ago or in 12 months so the actual transition itself isnt the most alarming aspect of this and in fact the article mentions that it was Sheens management that approached the Tigers that he had had enough. The part that worries me is that the Club is not offering Sheens the Football Manager position or having him responsible for the development of players, despite the fact as the article says that Sheens wanted that role. THAT is the alarming part for me.

ReplyQuote
Page 808 / 1093
Share: