Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy He was good about 2 years ago, but he hasn’t been able to stay on field for about 18 months now and we need outside backs with pace and footy IQ. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-tigers-fans-refuse-to-leave-stadium-in-protest-following-dismal-super-league-loss/

The dolphins game at Commbank, win lose or draw game starts at 3pm get the crowd to hang around afterwards and not leave

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

We’re reportedly chasing Luke Thompson from the Bulldogs.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-transfer-news-wests-tigers-dragons-join-race-for-canterbury-prop-luke-thompson/news-story/fb912b7bc3a0084a344ee70322c2fe57?amp&nk=f82ba7e2bd42289252a85de88a34abd2-1691481882

I used to think he was a solid player but he’s always injured. 30 something games in 3 years. It would want to be very small $

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-transfer-news-wests-tigers-dragons-join-race-for-canterbury-prop-luke-thompson/news-story/fb912b7bc3a0084a344ee70322c2fe57?amp&nk=f82ba7e2bd42289252a85de88a34abd2-1691481882

I used to think he was a solid player but he’s always injured. 30 something games in 3 years. It would want to be very small $

Yeah he’s a risk on anything but a really sensible contract. Problem is I think he was on big $ at the Dogs.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-tigers-fans-refuse-to-leave-stadium-in-protest-following-dismal-super-league-loss/

The dolphins game at Commbank, win lose or draw game starts at 3pm get the crowd to hang around afterwards and not leave

I normally want to leave as quickly as possible….

Jedi Tiger, 851, hsvjones and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

This is where I am most concerned, the lack of business acumen at WT. 

Issue a Statement and gesture to paid Members, apologising for another dismal season, by cutting the cost of Membership/Tickets by 25% or something similar as a form of goodwill. 

Look after your customer base. Even with a few more signings, the amount of people walking away is frightening. 

851, tiger05premier, GreatOdensRaven and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy I would have preferred to have kept Joe O instead of chasing and signing this guy, I don’t get it release a perfectly good forward this year to sign another forward for next year who could possibly be injury prone

CanberraTiger, tiger05premier, Mike and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @grovetiger

This is where I am most concerned, the lack of business acumen at WT. 

Issue a Statement and gesture to paid Members, apologising for another dismal season, by cutting the cost of Membership/Tickets by 25% or something similar as a form of goodwill. 

Look after your customer base. Even with a few more signings, the amount of people walking away is frightening. 

they rely on habit and loyalty to the club from fans who have followed them for years. They have seen growth no matter what they do so they don’t need to think outside the box. Next year is going to sting because a lot of long term members are fed up. Hopefully the numbers are big enough they look at change. 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@avocadoontoast Well,I must admit attending the game would be a 
prerequisite of the protest, similarly I too would begrudgingly have to attend ,but I think its worth it.

The Frog

Joel Helmes, Avo and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@jedi-tiger  Lets do it. It will make the news and put real pressure on the Club.

The Frog

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

So I’m guessing the Sullivan medical didn’t go too well……….

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tigersteve according to the guy kade on the other forum , who seems to have the good oil , it was all sorted this morning .

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Yeah he’s a risk on anything but a really sensible contract. Problem is I think he was on big $ at the Dogs.

$800k by reports. They thought he was the best prop in the world (they were wrong)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't reckon we are after Thompson. Seems like a beat up.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 799 / 942
Share: