lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

we need to go all in for Jerome luai to play 7

Don't want him at all. Outside of Penrith system he'd struggle and he's not an organiser. I also can't stand him.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

we need to go all in for Jerome luai to play 7

The last thing our attack needs is someone who plays like Luai.

He has vey little ability to strip defenses on the edges. He is a "jack in the box" player, bounces around looking for an opening. That's basically what we do now and it sux. The amount of times you see Penrith and NSW have an opportunity outwide only for Luai to not find the right pass then sidestep back infield 3 or 4 times before either offloading to someone in a worse position or just getting tackled amazes me.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@doug-heffernan for me I’m happy with the current plan . 
People complaining about the halves situation need to be realistic . Once we were moving away from the brooks era , if we are being honest , this was always going to happen . 
We were never attracting elite halves in our current plight , and we should have been smart and tried to nail down the next best thing last year . And no that isn’t Hastings and Madden . They were let go for a reason . 
We have fainu, and if we can jag , Sullivan , and bring Sezer over for a year , then that’s optimal , because Sullivan was fainu before fainu . 
I mean it’s up to Sullivan but if we can turn his head on straight , then he has all the tools to be something special . He’s a better footy player than Luai , just on talent. It’s all the upstairs stuff that he needs to work on . 
We have a really good record of producing or advancing nrl halves . Just outside Moses none are elite 
Just in the nrl right now ,

Madden , Mbye , brooks , both knights halves , Ilias -tigers junior , TMM - tigers junior , Moses ,AD . You have Stevanovic at norths as well playing real good footy . 
That’s a lot of nrl halves that have spent a lot of time at our club , or used it as a platform . 
It’s actually a pretty good nod to the fact we can identify halves , they just always seem to be square pegs and round holes for this club . 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @lestronge

@jedi-tiger maybe . But he will need to either improve his consistency around aggression . Or his consistency around output . 
They will not suffer the plodder . Collins is a workhorse , JWH offers the alpha /aggression . Lodge has moved into plodder territory . And he’s gone . 
Taukieaho , was just a workhorse , who could belt you , same for most front rowers they have had . 
Whilst I’m not debating the huge potential of Steph , I wouldn’t be jumping at that . 
If you aren’t pushing rep jersey form all the time , and you’re paid above average wage for your position , they will get rid of you . 
That pressure isn’t for everyone .

Is Stefano (at this point anyway) in danger of a plodder classification? Unfortunately I think so.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Rex2ce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Blake Taafe has been offered significantly more money by us then all other bidders. He didn't even consider accepting. Tigers on the nose big time.

where'd you find that out Doug? I thought Taaffe has looked really good over the past few weeks. I'm surprised he'd sign for Canterbury because he's not a walk up start for the top 17 there?

I think Taaffe is a Sam Ayoub client?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Heard of someone we might be looking closely at Dean hawkins for a 2 year deal, I think top 30 ? but not sure perhaps it is a nsw cup deal 

Also Heard from same source we are zero chance of taafe too, which is a shame as I think he would be better than Croft or sezer

Perhaps we are letting wakeham go ?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Luai has speed and would form a great attacking combination with Fainu. 

I don't care if he is a jerk if he can win us football games that is all that matters. 

He seems a very benji Marshall type of player 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

was having a drink with a physio mate at sharksnand he thought we had shown some interest in talakai but didn't think it was going anywhere. 

Then on the other forum someone there is posting sharks are on the quiet looking at moving talakai on 

Not sure he is what we need but if it eventuated and it was the right dollars e.g. subsidised by sharks maybe ?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

was having a drink with a physio mate at sharksnand he thought we had shown some interest in talakai but didn't think it was going anywhere. 

Then on the other forum someone there is posting sharks are on the quiet looking at moving talakai on 

Not sure he is what we need but if it eventuated and it was the right dollars e.g. subsidised by sharks maybe ?

How long can Talakai stay in the centres though? He’d be a good offensive weapon but doesn’t really suit the up tempo game we reckon Benji wants to employ.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

How long can Talakai stay in the centres though? He’d be a good offensive weapon but doesn’t really suit the up tempo game we reckon Benji wants to employ.

"the up tempo game ... Benji wants to employ"? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I know ow plus he is on 700k ? you would want a fair chunk of that subsidised by sharks. Probably pretty doubtful tbh

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

"the up tempo game ... Benji wants to employ"? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Based on the way he played, the Sheens public push towards out scoring the opposition and the signing of Fainu mostly. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don't care if he is a jerk if he can win us football games that is all that matters. 

I’d take Luai for sure. Quality footballer. 

I agree that as long as they play good football and aren’t hurting anybody I don’t really care how they carry themselves off the field. A bit of arrogance would probably help our team 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I’d take Luai for sure. Quality footballer. 

I agree that as long as they play good football and aren’t hurting anybody I don’t really care how they carry themselves off the field. A bit of arrogance would probably help our team 

I know he is not a traditional 7 but neither was Hughes at Storm. 

if you had sezer or croft for 2 years or you could get Luai given the lack of talent in the halves at present I think it is a gamble the Tigers should take. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 782 / 1067
Share: