Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger I like your thinking, however I heard that Sanders had signed with the Raiders.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @tiger5150

some wanted anyone but brooks

this is who we can get Aiden Sezer lol 

This is the clubs aggressive recruitment drive. 

As a 7 Sezar is better than Brooks, so therefore that is an upgrade, obviously not the one we were hoping for though

not an upgrade on Brooks take your hate blinkers off mate

Johnson, Pearce, Moses yes upgrades but not Sezer or Croft or Clune etc 

No glasses mate, I have seen Brooks try to play 7 for 10 years, I stand by my comment, Sezar is a better 7, maybe it's you have the blinkers on regarding Brooks

Sezer was better 4 years ago (marginally) but I would MUCH rather Brooks in 2024 than Sezer.

As a 7, I can't agree, Brooks at 6 yes, but at 7 Brooks just doesn't have the skillset or game awareness to execute the role, surely watching him for 10 years tells you this

Sure, I can accept that but what makes you think a 34yo who couldnt get a gig in the NRL, spent 4 years in UK Super League, will do better?

He is 32, as long as we pair him with a 6 that has some spark, we will improve immensely. Sezar doesn’t have to be electric, just move the team around and have a good kicking game. Also Sezar at 32 is a few years younger than DCE, younger than Hunt and Pearce and same age as Townsend, so age shouldn’t be a problem 

Age is a massive problem. We are not buying a 32 yo, we are buying a 34yo. Sezer will be 34 during his first season with the Wests Tigers. DCE, Hunt and Pearce are elite halves. Sezer is a half that couldnt get a gig in the NRL and had to spend 4 years in UK. One of these things is not like the others.

The fact that we are considering Sezer and the fact that some fans are talking themselves into the idea that a 34yo washed up player is the answer, he doesnt need to be dynamic, he will just "steer us around" and sprinkle magic old man dust on everything says all you need to know about where this club is.

This is where the club is right now. They are holding crisis meetings to fight for the ability to sign up a 34yo who couldnt get a gig in the NRL. That is where we are, let that sink in.

Sezar born 24th June 1991, is 32, will turn 33 next year, and Brooks tried for 10 years to steer us around and failed, so whats your point

i think that I made my point pretty clearly but in case that the fact that I got his age wrong by less than 12 months has thrown you, let me repeat....

Age is a massive problem. We are not buying a 32 yo, we are buying a 33yo. Sezer will be 33 during his first season with the Wests Tigers. DCE, Hunt and Pearce are elite halves. Sezer is a half that couldnt get a gig in the NRL and had to spend 4 years in UK. One of these things is not like the others.

The fact that we are considering Sezer and the fact that some fans are talking themselves into the idea that a 33yo washed up player is the answer, he doesnt need to be dynamic, he will just "steer us around" and sprinkle magic old man dust on everything says all you need to know about where this club is.

This is where the club is right now. They are holding crisis meetings to fight for the ability to sign up a 33yo who couldnt get a gig in the NRL. That is where we are, let that sink in.

Is that any clearer? How does the fact that "Brooks tried for 10 years to steer us around and failed" mean that a 33yo half that is slow, couldnt get a gig in the NRL and has spent 4 years in UK is automatically the answer?

A means plenty, we should have tried to change a lot of years ago, crying about Brooks going is stupid, he wasn't the answer, how do you know Sezar can't do a job for a year, you don't, you are just speculating, with Brooks I am not speculating, he was in the team for 10 years

if sezer couldn't get it done 4 years ago with that Canberra side and wighton outside him, I don't think he is the answer at 7 for Tigers in 2024

Don't think croft is the answer either at 7 in 2014 his defence is horrendous abd again didn't play well in 2 good systems storm and Brisbane. 

we still don't have a 7 for 2024

great news about the fainu brothers though combined with Large and Galvin we have the makings of a good couple of playmakers

Apparently Joey Johns and Freddy Fittler think Sezar should be signed, Api must be happy to stay around as well, but what would they know.

NRL contract news: Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler urge struggling Wests Tigers to sign Aidan Sezer (msn.com)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Api Extends!!!!!!

I Was not expecting that.....fantastic news for the club

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/koroisau-signs-contract-extension-with-wests-tigers-20230720-p5dpwe.html

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Api Extends!!!!!!

I Was not expecting that.....fantastic news for the club

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/koroisau-signs-contract-extension-with-wests-tigers-20230720-p5dpwe.html

Agree. It's a signal that he must be OK with the coaching and direction. I thought the chat about player manager feedback was positive as well - along the lines of support your coaches a bit better and we'll have confidence to push players your way. 

Doug Heffernan and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I like how Api goes about business. His initial signing with us was out of the blue, and now the same thing with his extension. Obviously isn’t one to play games and leak things to the media. Who is his manager? 

hsvjones, Doug Heffernan, GroveTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

Hopefully his re-signing is his vote of confidence in Benjis Coaching, moving forward. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @grovetiger

Hopefully his re-signing is his vote of confidence in Benjis Coaching, moving forward. 

And hopefully that confidence rubs off on the others in the squad, young and experienced.

GroveTiger and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@skippa13 The news Re API is huge there would of been a few clubs keen on his signature , he is obviously happy at the place this has come out of the blue for sure a real surprise ..,Lomax next please !

Skippa13, 851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Great news about Api and hopefully gives some confidence moving forward for other quality players. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@grovetiger and it also puts all the Rumour to rest stating that he was unhappy at the club and wanted out

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

From Buzz
St George Illawarra have granted highly-rated halfback Jayden Sullivan permission to negotiate with rival clubs effectively immediately.

Sullivan met incoming coach Shane Flanagan on Wednesday and was told he was free to look elsewhere.

Sullivan’s manager Mario Tartak is now shopping the Dragons local junior to rival clubs, including Canterbury, Wests Tigers, and Newcastle.

While the Bulldogs appeared certain to sign him, coach Cameron Ciraldo has eased off after securing Toby Sexton from the Gold Coast.

The Tigers are now odds-on favourites to secure him.

Sullivan’s pay packet is in the $500,000 a season range and the Dragons may have to contribute to his next contract to make the halfback a more attractive option to rivals.

He had two more years left on his current deal.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@avocadoontoast Sullivan has potential but seems very off the cuff from what I have seen. Not sure he will make it long term in first grade.

hsvjones and Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)

Sullivan very inconsistent in NRL, tends to drift in and out and looks to portray a bad attitude at times that I have seen, but hey he could be a great 14 to cover halves & hooker. I would much prefer a  Connor Tracy or Connor Watson 

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Sullivan very inconsistent in NRL, tends to drift in and out and looks to portray a bad attitude at times that I have seen, but hey he could be a great 14 to cover halves & hooker. I would much prefer a  Connor Tracy or Connor Watson 

Except for the bad attitude part - Sullivan sounds like someone we've had for a long time 

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Daine Laurie returns to Panthers

Author
Panthers Media
Timestamp
Fri 21 Jul 2023, 04:10 PM

851 reacted
ReplyQuote