Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @Anonymous

In all fairness, it won’t matter who’s here next year in the halves. We’ll just be making up the numbers. Because we as a club are cooked!!

Come on Logan you just need to….keep the faith…..

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

One small issue with Croft is he just signed a contract with Salford until 2030! Of course I have no idea if he has a NRL get out clause 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerpete)
Wests Tigers Supporter

He does but its 6 figures but not on the cap

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Based on this highlights video (obvious caveat that its against SL defence) Id give him a chance. Watching the video, for the first third I seriously thought to myself that this is what Brooks would look like in the SL, but as the video goes on it shows his short kicking and passing game and tbh it exceeds Brooks skillset.

https://youtu.be/U6zqDUTw57M

huge no thanks to Croft couldn't get it done at storm or Brisbane. Plus having to pay a transfer fee for croft !... no thanks

Would rather we go for Sezer or Dodd 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-origin-clause-that-could-come-back-to-bite-tigers-20230712-p5dnu0.html

how on earth do these clauses make it out into the media unless it’s a player manager trying to get their player out of a contract

Brad Fittler’s decision to drop rookie Blues prop Stefano Utoikamanu for the final game of the State of Origin series could have big repercussions for Wests Tigers.

Utoikamanu made his Origin debut in Brisbane in game two, playing 12 minutes off the bench, but was dropped by Fittler for the dead rubber in Sydney on Wednesday.

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game III

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game III

15:24

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game 3

New South Wales Blues take on the Queensland Maroons in Game 3 of the 2023 State of Origin series, at Accor Stadium.

That decision could have sizeable consequences for the Tigers due to unique clauses in the young prop’s contract, one of which involves Origin.

Utoikamanu, 23, is contracted with the Tigers until the end of 2025 – but there is a clause in his deal, inserted due to concerns over the direction of the club, that allows him to become a free agent in 2025 if the Tigers miss the top eight in 2023 and 2024. This year’s performances have done little to allay those concerns.

However, the Tigers inserted a counter-clause to protect them if Utoikamanu was to excel for the joint venture, stating that the free agency clause will be void if he represents NSW twice by the end of 2024.

On Tuesday, Utoikamanu said Fittler had informed him he was being “rested” for game three.

how on earth did we put that clause in for Stef

he will be bondi bound in 2025 then 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Based on this highlights video (obvious caveat that its against SL defence) Id give him a chance. Watching the video, for the first third I seriously thought to myself that this is what Brooks would look like in the SL, but as the video goes on it shows his short kicking and passing game and tbh it exceeds Brooks skillset.

huge no thanks to Croft couldn't get it done at storm or Brisbane. Plus having to pay a transfer fee for croft !... no thanks

he played well at the Storms. Go and watch his game in the WCC final. The only thing stopping him at Storms was Cronk.

didnt work at Broncos but he had Milford as his halves partner and seibold as coach. 

has smashed it in Uk. It’s arguable that Sezer was less successful for longer in NRL and Sezer has had less success in a stronger team than Croft. Sezer is also a LOT older than Croft

851, GroveTiger and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I'd prefer Croft to Sezer.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Tiger_Alex, GroveTiger and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @Anonymous

In all fairness, it won’t matter who’s here next year in the halves. We’ll just be making up the numbers. Because we as a club are cooked!!

What do you mean? You're not buying into the Lee/Pascoe/Board/Sheens/Marshall/Fulton new era? You know, the one with the aggressive recruitment drive happening in the background?? Really?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

he played well at the Storms. Go and watch his game in the WCC final. The only thing stopping him at Storms was Cronk.

didnt work at Broncos but he had Milford as his halves partner and seibold as coach. 

has smashed it in Uk. It’s arguable that Sezer was less successful for longer in NRL and Sezer has had less success in a stronger team than Croft. Sezer is also a LOT older than Croft

I remember that game in nz where we played storm, Chris Lawrence ran through him, he was and is a defensive liability. Bellamy dropped him the next week. 

I would go with sezer at least he has some GF experience and could do a job for 2 years.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Can we pinch the young Ethan Sanders from Parramatta?

Tiger_Alex, Jedi Tiger, Kenny4517 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

After watching last night . And hearing someone compare Fainu to Milford . I gotta say I’m feeling pretty meh about this kid . 
Sanders ran circles around him. 
Sanders was clearly the better footballer , on an output type basis . 
I can see how Fainu might be good for a Benji like step through everyone highlight moment , but geez did he go missing for large portions of that game . 
It could just be one game , sure ,  but if that game was the one you had to make a decision on who was the generational talent , than Ethan sanders would be the name you’d most throw out there . 
And all the bollocks around the recruitment and the games tartak is playing , and the fact we have Mason and Galvin in the u18s game in a few weeks . who want to build a dynasty here from what others have said . 
I dunno , I’m getting huge Alarm sounds around this . 

888, 851, Tiger_Alex and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@jedi-tiger Sezer wasn't much chop when he was here, and now he's 32. Would be a disaster. Croft would be a heaps better option, albeit still a terrible one.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

After watching last night . And hearing someone compare Fainu to Milford . I gotta say I’m feeling pretty meh about this kid . 
Sanders ran circles around him. 
Sanders was clearly the better footballer , on an output type basis . 
I can see how Fainu might be good for a Benji like step through everyone highlight moment , but geez did he go missing for large portions of that game . 
It could just be one game , sure ,  but if that game was the one you had to make a decision on who was the generational talent , than Ethan sanders would be the name you’d most throw out there . 
And all the bollocks around the recruitment and the games tartak is playing , and the fact we have Mason and Galvin in the u18s game in a few weeks . who want to build a dynasty here from what others have said . 
I dunno , I’m getting huge Alarm sounds around this . 

You have been talking a lot of sense lately but I disagree with this one. Latu made about about 5 cover tackles with ease that someone like Milford would never even attempt. I was very impressed with Latu's efforts defensively and he is a much better attacker than Sanders. A class above really. Sanders compliments him well by being composed, organising and having an outstanding left boot on him. Very impressed with his kicking. We need both styles of players really.

888, 851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger I remember Lawrence steam rolling Croft too. When Croft was at Brisbane he kicked the ball downfield on tackle 5 and the commentator said 'that's come of the side of his boot' to which the support commentator (who I think might have been Brandy that night) said "No it didnt that's just the best he could muster." The kick went about 25 m it was woeful.

If you prefer Sezer watch a replay of one of his final games at Canberra. They played Penrith away on a Sunday. Sezer took an intercept and got run down by a forward in about 30 metres. Joey was laughing in commentary saying 'Poor old Aidan Sezer looked like he was stuck in quicksand there!'

These guys are sent to ESL because they are not up to NRL standard. They are not going to drag us out of basement (in my opinion anyway).

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@doug-heffernan agree they were both impressive. Think it is highly unlikely they end up at WT. If these guys were a son of yours would you honestly want them joining WT? I'd have serious reservations if it was my kid.

There needs to be change at board and management level before we start any recruitment for 2024. The club has a really bad smell to it at the moment as others have lamented on here recently.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 762 / 1067
Share: