Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@frullens Stef certainly has not been setting the world on fire … has been pretty disappointing TBH this season as with many . Has not got much to his game plenty of big dudes around willing to be a battering ram for good money . There is much more important personnel changes and signings before too much concern about the big fella… the team is so full of holes . I would be putting some real effort into James he looks likely could see other coaches sniffing around this guy , if he wants to put the effort in could be anything but there seems a real disconnect with the coaches and the lower grades needs more game time .

This post was modified 1 year ago by Snake

851 and Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@lestronge You could be on the money there  with Croft . He could be a surprise packet as you said has a pedigreed at least he is an organiser .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-origin-clause-that-could-come-back-to-bite-tigers-20230712-p5dnu0.html

how on earth do these clauses make it out into the media unless it’s a player manager trying to get their player out of a contract

That's Stef off at the end of next year then. 

Not if he plays 1 game of Origin next year?

Assuming Fittler is gone, he'll be well down the pecking order I suspect (rightly or wrongly). 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Can’t blame him. He’d be better off moving on.

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@snake could not agree more with your thoughts good post

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Based on this highlights video (obvious caveat that its against SL defence) Id give him a chance. Watching the video, for the first third I seriously thought to myself that this is what Brooks would look like in the SL, but as the video goes on it shows his short kicking and passing game and tbh it exceeds Brooks skillset.

https://youtu.be/U6zqDUTw57M

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

@mercy-rule Madge was a mess of a coach . Despite being a good bloke who meant well . The players hated him , not just at this club but many others . 
That decision was the right one , and I’d argue what was wrong was waiting so long to make it .

I respectfully (as I can) disagree.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lestronge

@mercy-rule Madge was a mess of a coach . Despite being a good bloke who meant well . The players hated him , not just at this club but many others . 
That decision was the right one , and I’d argue what was wrong was waiting so long to make it .

I agree, Souths were off him, the big name players basically said him or us, and he was sacked, we should of stayed well clear, at the very least he should of been sacked at the end of 2021 after the diabolical end to the year

This post was modified 1 year ago by 851

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Im slowly talking myself into Brodie Croft, taht is where we are at. Croft has become a meme as a  poor halfback (much like Brooks did) but if you actually look at his history, he was successful in his brief time at Storm, and has won the Man of Steel at Salford. His reputation of being poor comes from his time at Brisbane, during a horror time at that club and importantly, paired with Milford in the halves.

hsvjones, 851, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

I’m guilty of associating Croft a bit too much with his stint at the Broncos, and it's too easy to dismiss him as being essentially the same player from that time. The problem with this is that the period under Seibold was a stinker for everyone at the club, everyone stunk to the point Seibold was terminated in his second year (2020) and the club ended up wooden spooners. So maybe Croft deserves some deeper consideration now he's had a few years to develop his game. It's difficult to gauge players in the UK, but there's plenty of examples where players have returned from the Super League to the NRL as better versions of themselves.

hsvjones, 851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @salty

I’m guilty of associating Croft a bit too much with his stint at the Broncos, and it's too easy to dismiss him as being essentially the same player from that time. The problem with this is that the period under Seibold was a stinker for everyone at the club, everyone stunk to the point Seibold was terminated in his second year (2020) and the club ended up wooden spooners. So maybe Croft deserves some deeper consideration now he's had a few years to develop his game. It's difficult to gauge players in the UK, but there's plenty of examples where players have returned from the Super League to the NRL as better versions of themselves.

Stop making sense and getting me on board with Croft! (good post, Salty)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

We’d actually be a good fit for Croft a player who no one expects much from due to his last stint in the NRL and a club who everyone expects to be a joke. If it doesn’t work it’s what everybody expected, if he does his stocks rise dramatically. He’s shown he’s a quality footballer and would be no worse than the output we’ve had on average from halves for the past ten years 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @canberratiger

Posted by: @salty

Stop making sense and getting me on board with Croft! (good post, Salty)

Super League does provide a clean slate arena for players that need a reset in their career.

ReplyQuote
(@tigerpete)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@the-last-ronin Why not - Latu and Croft would be quite good ! get it done start season with new halves with a  point to prove !

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

In all fairness, it won’t matter who’s here next year in the halves. We’ll just be making up the numbers. Because we as a club are cooked!!

ReplyQuote
Page 761 / 1067
Share: