Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @grovetiger

Is there any truth to the Holbrook rumours? The Mole has horrible info, he's never right. Lee couldn't last week say "We are staying the course" and then a week later hire Holbrook........could he?

Isn't The Mole a confidante of Sheens? Could this be pot stirring on behalf of Sheens driven by the Fulton appointment fiasco?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mac_tiger

Posted by: @grovetiger

Is there any truth to the Holbrook rumours? The Mole has horrible info, he's never right. Lee couldn't last week say "We are staying the course" and then a week later hire Holbrook........could he?

Isn't The Mole a confidante of Sheens? Could this be pot stirring on behalf of Sheens driven by the Fulton appointment fiasco?

Yes, if there is any truth in it, that could be what’s happening.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@jedi-tiger for sure. Wouldn’t you?

yes mate I would if my manager kept appointing people and not letting me sign who I want to sign etc

we are a total mess probably worse now than when Madge left

When Madge left?? He didn't leave. He was sacked on the advice of Tim Sheens. Who is now quickly taking the club to consecutive wooden spoons. "Total mess" is an understatement. Sack Sheens

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy That would be a positive Holbrook getting on board a coach that can actually coach !

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mercy-rule Madge was a mess of a coach . Despite being a good bloke who meant well . The players hated him , not just at this club but many others . 
That decision was the right one , and I’d argue what was wrong was waiting so long to make it .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

@mercy-rule Madge was a mess of a coach . Despite being a good bloke who meant well . The players hated him , not just at this club but many others . 
That decision was the right one , and I’d argue what was wrong was waiting so long to make it .

getting rid of madge was the right call shoukd have been done at the end of season 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

other forum I saying we may have signed jeral skelton on a 2 year deal from dogs

851 and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Ivan cleary up in the coaches box tonight for nsw 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-origin-clause-that-could-come-back-to-bite-tigers-20230712-p5dnu0.html

how on earth do these clauses make it out into the media unless it’s a player manager trying to get their player out of a contract

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-origin-clause-that-could-come-back-to-bite-tigers-20230712-p5dnu0.html

how on earth do these clauses make it out into the media unless it’s a player manager trying to get their player out of a contract

That's Stef off at the end of next year then. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Brad Fittler’s decision to drop rookie Blues prop Stefano Utoikamanu for the final game of the State of Origin series could have big repercussions for Wests Tigers.

Utoikamanu made his Origin debut in Brisbane in game two, playing 12 minutes off the bench, but was dropped by Fittler for the dead rubber in Sydney on Wednesday.

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game III

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game III

15:24

2023 State of Origin Highlights: NSW v QLD - Game 3

New South Wales Blues take on the Queensland Maroons in Game 3 of the 2023 State of Origin series, at Accor Stadium.

That decision could have sizeable consequences for the Tigers due to unique clauses in the young prop’s contract, one of which involves Origin.

Utoikamanu, 23, is contracted with the Tigers until the end of 2025 – but there is a clause in his deal, inserted due to concerns over the direction of the club, that allows him to become a free agent in 2025 if the Tigers miss the top eight in 2023 and 2024. This year’s performances have done little to allay those concerns.

However, the Tigers inserted a counter-clause to protect them if Utoikamanu was to excel for the joint venture, stating that the free agency clause will be void if he represents NSW twice by the end of 2024.

On Tuesday, Utoikamanu said Fittler had informed him he was being “rested” for game three.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

That's Stef off at the end of next year then. 

Not if he plays 1 game of Origin next year?

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Keeping Stef is simple

Sign some halves and make the finals

Top 8 2023

tiger05premier and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Gus is made meeting with every potential half of there - Taafe, Sullivan....

What are we doing?

Top 8 2023

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@frullens he will be the captain by 2025 . He’s a loyal dude from all reports ,  it of course wants to win . 
Like you said we need halves. 
In saying that , I feel the Brodie Croft rumour is probably looking like the most attractive option for me . 
Say what you will about him, but he has real pedigree , and was once touted by the storm as the heir apparent . Which that in itself should give people pause to think. 
He lacked maturity , at the time , and I do believe he was put forward maybe a year too soon , due to cranks personal life circumstances around his wife wanting to move to Sydney for her career etc . 
Then of course he made the egregious decision to follow the money back to Brisbane .. and like so many before him realised the grass is most definitely not greener . 
This all reeks of maturity issues , which can be galvanised playing in  northern winter games , and living in places like Salford , and hull which in all due respect are not exactly the Sunshine Coast . 
Hes done all he can on the footballl field winning the man of steel ( I don’t put much weight in that ) , and has his team winning . 
I would much rather a flyer on him than just about any other option including Townsend . 

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 760 / 1067
Share: